I NEEDZ DA WARP POINT! 1st Place Gyarados BR Report

Muddy68

Democrat to the End
Advanced Member
Well, the title of this thread sums it up, I should have listen to Alex and just played Warp Point (I am throwing it in for tomorrow) since it almost led to my defeat in Top 4.
Well, after a pool party, I thought that I'd sleep good, WRONG! I wake up in the middle of the night and then wake up 30 minutes before I have to get up. On top of that, I felt sick all morning, and the basement this BR was in didn't help since it was around 100 degrees!
So, 24 Masters, and Top 4, HERE WE GO! Gyarados, do what you do best, troll! :cool:

Round 1 vs. Matt N (Sabledonk)-
Ugh, lone Karp start. I get donked.
0-1

In between rounds, I play 2 games with Matt, and end up winning the 2nd one. We found out that Sabledonk's late game is E-Belted Uxie. :p

Round 2 vs. ? (Donphan)-
Well, he cannot get any {F} Energy, but has a Rescue. He Judges, but plays everything out of his hand, leaving him with nothing. I Seeker and then Tail Revenge the active, lone Donphan for game.
1-1

Round 3 vs. Andrew "Debbie" Mishik (Arceus)
Yes, Arceus. Well, this could have been a game, but he had a supporter drought that allowed me the time to set up a fully powered Gyarados and take 3 straight prizes. After several hand refreshers, he still cannot get off the Ripple Swell and scoops.
2-1

Well, these games suck...

Round 4 vs. Kyle Patterson (Tyranitar)
I know what you guys are thinking. T-Tar?! Well, it was actually a well built deck, and we had terrible starts. I begin to pull ahead on prizes, but then my Gyarados is KOed by his T-Tar. From there, I get another G-Dos ready and he retreats to avoid a 2 Prize KO as his T-Tar was E-Belted. He starts to Darkness Howl, and I take some prizes to bring it down to 4-3. He then brings up another one, which I KO, but then my E-Belted G-Dos gets KOed. I forget that his is not belted and waste crucial Flash Bites. He now only has the Energy to Darkness Howl. I avoid a KO with a Seeker, and after some more playing, it comes down to the me having to take the next prize card. I show him the E-Belt in hand for the KO, and he concedes. Wow, his deck was CRAZY! The Seperior to heal off Darkness Howl damage didn't help me at all...
3-1

Round 5 vs. Emily Engle (Gyarados)
Well, time to play Chris Fulop's girlfriend. We are both hungry, so we try for the donk. After a turn of attaching the Special {D} Energy, but not being able to retreat my active, I Double Drawer for a Seeker and Crobat. She starts, Bebe's for a Sableye, attached the Special {D}, retreats her Crobat G, and KOs my active Karp. I bring up my Sableye, Flash Bite, Seeker, and Overconfident for the win.
4-1

Wow, I won 4 straight games! So, I go grab some lunch with Emily and Dan Pablo, and he gets a call that we need to get back since he is in Top 4. I don't know if I am in since David didn't say over the phone, so we go back, and I am in as 4th seed, knocking Stephen McGaffeny out of Top Cut, Sorry!

I get to play mirror! :(

Top 4 vs. David Cook (Gyarados)
Game 1
Well, I really don't remember. All I know is that for a time, he pulls ahead by locking me with Mesprit. I then get everything going and am able to KO a G-Dos, which he then gets back, but cannot get the E-Belt. The rest of the game is him trying to get rid of my Gyarados. He scoops when the prize count is 2-4, me.
Game 2
Well, he wipes the floor with me for the first half of the game. I begin to make a comeback, but he Warp Points (wish I played it!) for the rest of his prizes. We go into Game 3.
Game 3
Again, mind goes blank. I believe that I pull ahead, but cannot get the Rescue. He avoid G-Dos for a while by Warp Pointing, but I KO his one after the other, and Seeker to avoid damage. I use Black Belt to KO a G-dos with no Rescue Energy. He sacrifices a few prizes to get it back, but by that time, it is too late.
5-1

Top 2 vs. Joe Paul AKA Aquaman (Cinccino)
Game 1
He goes Agro-Sableye on my butt taking 2 straight prizes, one was a Karp. I get set up after that and begin to make a comeback. He takes another prize to my 3 taken, but cannot comeback. Zoroark is his last hope and he Dragon Beats me for the KO. I get it back, and use the Flash Bites to move it into KOing range since it is E-Belted. I take my last prize with Tail Revenge.
Game 2
I get nothing and he destroys me.
Game 3
CRIPPLE FIGHT! I get G-Dos set up T1, but no Karp in the discard pile. We have nothing for the longest time, and he has NO hand after a failed Lux Ball. I top deck my Lux Ball and use it to get set up. I got crazy after that, taking KO after KO on his side of the field that has nothing. I Seeker and drop a Mesprit twice to prevent his Set Up for 7. By the time he gets set up, it is too late and I am ready to take my remaining prizes. With Warp Energy and Seeker in hand, I have the game because I can heal my G-Dos.
6-1

Wow, I came back from 0-1 to win it all! I pull FA Reshiram in my packs, but nothing else.

Props-
Coming back from 0-1
My game with Emily
Pulling FA Reshiram
Victory Medal
Round 4 and Top 4 were great games!
Good milkshake at lunch

Slops-
Stupid format
Sabledonk
No good games (except Round 4 and Top 4)
Nothing else in packs
No trades
No Warp Point
Feeling sick

Well, I have 1 more BR tomorrow. Time to add Warp Point!
~Muddy68

Me noez be in props? :( Anyways gratz, sorrry I had to leave, we had to get home with a 2 and a half hour drive

piplup234 said:
Me noez be in props? :( Anyways gratz, sorrry I had to leave, we had to get home with a 2 and a half hour drive

This was yesterday's Battle Road...

I probably won't as 2 donks and no Top Cut do not make a very interesting report...

You NEEDZ warp pointz, lol i remember in srs in my first g-dos, i played like 3 and couldn't hit any:p
and then you lucky topdecker.
Gratz on the win, hope to c u soon, and lol we both pulled FA Reshi in our packs :)
also v. Cinot he funny thing about that matchup is that you can win w/ only 2 carp in discard b/c they have no way of OHKOing, i only lost to it on two lone carp starts.

Back