XY Ice Espeon's Yellow Scramble! Update #1

Ice Espeon

_____________________________________hi
scramble.png

(Such pixely low quality text very wow)

Hello! At the suggestion of [member]Luispipe8[/member] I'm going to be doing a Scramble challenge on Pokémon Yellow. I've never actually played through all of it before so this should be fun. :D

In a Scramble challenge the person doing the challenge has effectively no control over what Pokémon they use, as all Pokémon are chosen by other people. There are a few rules for requesting these Pokémon though:

• Each user can only request one Pokémon. When suggesting you can choose all sorts of things such as the nickname (I would prefer it if you did!), specific moves that it must have, conditions for evolution etc.
  • Don't request Pokémon that are pretty much useless (e.g. Caterpie, Kakuna, Magikarp) as it won't be fun for me to play with and it won't be fun for you to see! (Requesting Pokémon later in the chain such as Butterfree or Beedrill are fine though :>)
  • Don't duplicate Pokémon that have been suggested by another person (this includes evolutionary families).
The first six Pokémon to be requested will become my team, so if you are feeling nice then you can see what other people requested and give me a balanced team. If you aren't, then sucks to be me.

I am not able to trade any Pokémon so don't bother requesting a Gen I Pokémon that isn't in Pokémon Yellow. :p

I eagerly await your requests (if a little nervously ;p).

Requested Pokémon:
[sprite]106[/sprite] KaChow ~ Reggie McGigas
Cannot use status moves.

[sprite]64[/sprite] Poef ~ Drohn
Must know Teleport at all times.
Must be caught as an Abra.

[sprite]25[/sprite] Sparkles ~ Keeper of Night
Cannot evolve.
Have to beat Lt. Surge with Sparkles.

[sprite]93[/sprite] Spite ~ Lugia123
If I lose to any trainer in the game I must beat them using only Spite.

[sprite]112[/sprite] Jean-Paul ~ Heavenly Spoon
Must know Bubblebeam at all times.
Cannot be sent into battle against Poison types.
I must use every Carbos I obtain on Jean-Paul.

[sprite]134[/sprite] Vapour ~ bbninjas
Can only evolve into Vapoureon at level 30.

Current Team:
Spr_1y_025.png

Sparkles - Level 14
- Quick Attack
- Thundershock
- Thunder Wave
- Tail Whip

Update #1

RE: Ice Espeon's Yellow Scramble! Suggestion Phase

Hitmonlee, nicknamed KaChow. It can't use any status moves, cause KaChow says so.

Here's my suggestion:

Kadabra
Nickname: Poef ("Poef" is how you write "Poof" in Dutch. I chose the name because it uses Teleport a lot and I'm Dutch. :D)
Must have move at all times: Teleport (Because of the name)
Requirements: Must be caught as an Abra and evolve into Kadabra.

It might make it a bit difficult at first, but it's a strong Pokémon and should come in handy.

Good luck with the run!

Nice suggestions!

Just another thing, can someone suggest something that is availible early on so that I can actually start the real run as soon as possible. :)

Ice Espeon said:
Nice suggestions!

Just another thing, can someone suggest something that is availible early on so that I can actually start the real run as soon as possible. :)

I'll be that guy and suggest Pikachu (the one you start with). Named Sparkles, after my own Pika that died on a recent Red run. And obviously, you can't evolve this one, so have fun with that! (Because of that, I won't suggest any other requirements for his use.)

You should use Pikachu. Because i'm that much of a troll. It has to be the one you get from oak and it has to instantly switch in whenever someone sends out an electric type. The nickname should be uberchu. (that's a reference to a certain forum game that happened once.)

Keeper of Night now has +1 :ninja points. Can you request another Pokémon please, Lugia123? (I liked the suggestion though :3)

Haunter named Spite. It has attempt to solo any trainer who you have lost to before in this run.

Lugia123 said:
Haunter named Spite. It has attempt to solo any trainer who you have to fight more than once.
By that, do you mean that I have to solo a trainer that I have lost to before, or a trainer that I have to fight repeatedly (such as the rival)? The first sounds interesting, but I think the second would be slightly too extreme >.>

The first. I will edit my post to make that more clear.

Just so you can use some HMs:
A Rhydon named Jean-Paul.
Requirements: has to have Bubblebeam
Also, he's afraid of Poison-types, so don't send him in against those.
Also, he insists on eating every single Carbos you find.

I will enter a Pokemon if applicable:
Pokemon: Vaporeon
Nickname: Vapour
Requirements:
You can only evolve Eevee at lv 30.

Lemme give this a shot.
Mankey named Taz.
Don't evolve until you get six badges.

Arbok
Nickname : Vika
Must be caught as Ekans
Vika has a very vengeful nature, she won't give up the chase, no matter how far, once it targets its prey.
( You can't switch her until she makes some damage directly on any Pokemon up against her so be careful not to go with her in your first slot in a Zubat cave with no repels )

Reggie McGigas said:
Is Hitmonlee not allowed?

It is allowed (I'd have told you if it wasn't :p).

@Teach & @scattered mind I love the requests but I can't use it because they were suggested after the six suggestion (and @scattered mind Arbok isn't available in Yellow anyway :p.)

With that the suggestion phase is over. I really like the look of the team you guys have given me and it's gonna be a real test - I virtually can't afford to lose at all after I get Spite the Haunter :eek:

I'm going to be updating the thread around once per gym battle, maybe more if there are long gaps in between gyms or if something eventful happens.

EDIT:

Keeper of Night said:
I'll be that guy and suggest Pikachu (the one you start with). Named Sparkles, after my own Pika that died on a recent Red run. And obviously, you can't evolve this one, so have fun with that! (Because of that, I won't suggest any other requirements for his use.)
I just remembered that Pikachu can't evolve in Pokémon Yellow anyway so that restriction is automatically in effect anyway. Feel free to change the restriction, Keeper.

I said obviously, and the note made it pretty clear that he simply couldn't evolve. It doesn't seem fair to give more restrictions after that, given that I always end up ditching Pikachu anyway...
But if you really want something...
You have to beat Lt. Surge's Raichu with Sparkles. (And I believe Raichu is his only pokemon in Yellow.)

Update #1

> I started up the game, naming myself Alex (because that is my real name and I couldn't think of anything better ;p) and my rival Gary (see the second reason in the previous bracket).
> Recieved Sparkles from Professor Oak and had a really close match with Gary's Eevee. I managed to beat him though (with two HP remaining >.>).
> It's at this time that I realise I'm going to have to solo Brock with Sparkles. Unfortunately Sparkles doesn't seem to have magical animé Pikachu powers, so this fight is going to be pretty annoying ._.
> As we walk to Viridian City, Sparkles seems annoyed with me.
annoyed.png

Probably heard my thoughts ;-;
> Oak says that Sparkles likes me. Sparkles disagrees.
annoyed.png

> Pidgey make good training fodder.
> Except when they have Sand Attack -.-
> I now realise that I'm going to have to solo Misty with Sparkles as well, meaning the first three gym leaders are gonna have to be dealt with by Sparkles alone :O
> Sparkles looks thrilled by this.
annoyed.png

> Forgot just how good the music is in this generation
> They make Rare Candies out of the Metapod found in Viridian Forest. True story.
> Just found out there is no move deleter or relearner in this Generation. HMs are going to screw me over :[
> Sparkles seems oddly pleased about this however.
pleased.png

> Brock will have to be taken down using a combination of Tail Whip and Quick Attack (other moves are Thundershock and Thunder Wave). Pikachu learns Double Team at level 15 and I plan to teach that and overwrite Tail Whip, so therefore I'm going to have to beat a level 10 Geodude and a level 12 Onix with a level 14 Pikachu who's moves are resisted. Yeah...
> Cue training montage!
> I rest up Sparkles before taking on Brock. Sparkles fell asleep when Jigglypuff sang in the Pokémon Center.
sleep.png

> No turning back now!
> Geodude goes down without much of a fight.
> Onix insists on using Bide, which is a perfect opportunity to spam Tail Whip :>
> We win!

Next time: I go through Mt. Moon and take on Misty!

Current Team:
Spr_1y_025.png

Sparkles - Level 14
- Quick Attack
- Thundershock
- Thunder Wave
- Tail Whip

EDIT: Can I also ask what gender you all want me to refer to your suggestion as? No genders in Gen I so it'd be nice to not have to refer to them all as 'it'.

Can I also ask what gender you all want me to refer to your suggestion as? No genders in Gen I so it'd be nice to not have to refer to them all as 'it'.
Aw heck, Sparkles was genderless in Red too...
Let's go female. It's kind of a cutesy name for a kind of cutesy pokemon anyway. Plus we can't have all your pokemon be male.

Back