If they made a live action Pokemon Movie....

regimaster128

O hai der
what would be your reaction? If they did they probably wouldnt call it "Pokemon", but Pocket Monsters (like calling the dark knight "the dark knight" instead of "batman".

I do remember hearing rumors about one being made soon, David Henrie from Disney Channel's
Wizards of Waverly Place is supposed to play the role of Ash Ketchum.

Italians had great successes in Hollywood though, take for example the Rocky and Karate Kid series from the 80's and 90's both of which the main protagonist is played by an Italian and they managed to do great.

Considering that David is Italian I could see him succeed like Sylvester Stallone and Ralph Macchio did. Personally though If Ralph was as young now as he was in 1984 he'd probably make a better Ash Ketchum than David would.

David's like 17 or so? Ash is still like 12-13 in the series I guess? That's a 4 year age gap.

I'd prefer they didn't because the majority of video games that get turned into live action are AWFUL! So, lets just leave it the way it is,imo.

RE: If they made a live action Pokemon Movie...

I'd honestly be scared to see what Pokémon look like outside of Sugimori art, the cards, sprites, and the games.

For some reason, as soon as I saw this thread, I thought "it must involve Morgan Freeman".

Card Slinger J said:
I do remember hearing rumors about one being made soon, David Henrie from Disney Channel's

Italians had great successes in Hollywood though, take for example the Rocky and Karate Kid series from the 80's and 90's both of which the main protagonist is played by an Italian and they managed to do great.

Considering that David is Italian I could see him succeed like Sylvester Stallone and Ralph Macchio did. Personally though If Ralph was as young now as he was in 1984 he'd probably make a better Ash Ketchum than David would.

David's like 17 or so? Ash is still like 12-13 in the series I guess? That's a 4 year age gap.

If this is so, I will cry tears of joy. David Henrie is really funny, and he'd be a great Ash Ketchum.

I just had a dream about what a live action Pokemon movie would look like. I think that it would be cool. But remember Ben 10? They started as a cartoon series, then went into live action movies. They were awful, the plot was thin, the aliens looked bad and thw whole movie kinda stunk. Then they did another one, and it also stunk. All I can hope is that this doesn't happen to Pokemon.

Wow, that would be scary... I wonder what the plot would be like? Would it just be another movie in the series or a whole new one that pretty much sums up everything that has to do with pokemon? And would the pokemon be like computer animated or something? lol they should be puppets! xD I mean, of course they'd be computer animated... and it would probably be 3D... >P

wait.. what?! why did I put a question mark at the end of a sentence that starts with "I wonder"? that's not supposed to go there, and I always absolutely HATE it when people do that! hm. I guess I was thinking of it sounding like a question or something... Anyway, I don't think a live action movie would be a good idea. :)

i think that it would be a good idea to make pokemon live action.but it wouldnt be as good as the cartoons.

If they make a live-action movie, I have three hopes for it:

#1: Please, for the love of whatever, do not make it as horrible and dissapointing as the real live action movie for Dragonball. My eyes wanted to bleed while watching that movie! Dx

#2: The Pokemon featured should be done in CGI format, and look similar as can be to Sugimori's idea.

#3: Brock should hit on a Nurse Joy played by Megan Fox. XD

Awesome cast for Pokemon The Live Action Motion Picture
First series characters

Ash Ketchum: ???
Delia Ketchum: Rita Rudner
Misty: Ellen Page
Brock: Cirroc Lofton
Gary: ???
Professor Oak: Harrison Ford
Nurse Joy:
Officer Jenny: Natalie Portman

Erika: Neve Campbell
Lt. Surge: Ewan McGregor
Sabrina: Lacey Chabert
Koga: Chow Yun-Fat
Blaine: Craig T. Nelson

Jessie: Lita Ford
James: Jason Lee
Meowth: CGI voiced by Ray Romano
Giovani: Raúl Juliá

Magikarp Guy: Bobby Lee
Old guy ash traded with: Lord Richard Attenborough

Alright so it's a pretty incomplete list but it's a start.

Deo's list isn't half-bad. Putting Natalie Portman and Ewan McGregor in the same film is a mistake though, IMO. It might doom the movie to a similar fate as Star Wars: Episode I, in which both of the actors took part in the dismantling of Star Wars glory.

Ash Ketchum is a bit of a difficult role to place, I think they'd probably have to find a guy off the street sorta like they did with Daniel Radcliffe for Harry Potter, IMO no one in hollywood even vaguely resembles him. Personally, though, if they make a live-action movie I think it should have brand-new characters inspired by the new games, Black and White.

it would probably be dumb i mean in anime a few pokemon can scare ppl right?well think of a real one(i know itd be computer animated but theyd make it as realistic as possible)like a kabautops or giritina wouldnt that be scary at least a little?

Card Slinger J said:

yeah, I agree, David Henry would ba a great Ash Ketchum, but he is a little old.

Well, anyways, for Dawn, we could get a random girl and dye her hair blue... *sweatdrop* And for Brock... uhm.... an actor with brown hair that we could spike up? I really don't know. But what would the movie be about, anyway? I honestly don't know, but it would be pretty cool.

Lets hope it wouldn't be like the Super Mario Bros. Movie

I've always wanted this.

Transformers, Ben 10, and apparently Dragon Ball Z did it. Why can't pokemon?

The only thing I would NOT want, would be if they tried to base it off Ash. If they did, it would be horrible. I would want it based off a hole new character. Although, that's highly unlikely, since Ash and Pikachu is what most people think of when they think of Pokemon.

Porygon-X said:
Transformers, Ben 10, and apparently Dragon Ball Z did it. Why can't pokemon?
Because said Transformers, Ben10 and DragonBall movies were a huge FAIL? (Well, at least the Ben10 and DragonBall ones.)

I think they learned that Pokémon won't work in live action by looking at Pokémon Live!

As epic as it sounds, I don't believe a live action movie based on the anime would be successful. First of all the plot would be a little cheezy. If the live action movie's the same plot as the anime based movies (a legendary is mad, oh noez!) I'd be pretty ticked off. Also, the characters would be really hard to render. They did it for Scooby Doo, but I somehow can't picture a real live Jessie or Brock looking good. I'd prefer the Pokemon-come-to-our-world scenario. The Pokemon would be sort of antagonistic, but not totally evil. And I'd see them just wreaking havoc instead of trying to destroy the world entirely.

IF they make a real Pokemon movie they should have a cow as Miltank.

after see the Super Mario Bros movie. I'll stick with the anime, thanks.

coalsonicmario19 said:
IF they make a real Pokemon movie they should have a cow as Miltank.

As a cow/Miltank lover. I would like that.

Back