If they made a live action Pokemon Movie....

RE: If they made a live action Pokemon Movie...

Hey guys, heres a random thought i had in a dream. what if they put in Nicolas Cage and made it like a national treasures movie and the unown were the mystery things.(idk, i havent looked at this in a while and i had the thought :p)

Nah i would not like that i mean look what happened with Dragonball when it turrned onto a movie

I think a live action Pokemon movie would be amazing... if done right haha unlike the Mario Brothers Movie! But no, it would be pretty sweet for sure, especially seeing what the Pokemon would look like. :eek:
WP

Card Slinger J said:
I do remember hearing rumors about one being made soon, David Henrie from Disney Channel's
Wizards of Waverly Place is supposed to play the role of Ash Ketchum.

Italians had great successes in Hollywood though, take for example the Rocky and Karate Kid series from the 80's and 90's both of which the main protagonist is played by an Italian and they managed to do great.

Considering that David is Italian I could see him succeed like Sylvester Stallone and Ralph Macchio did. Personally though If Ralph was as young now as he was in 1984 he'd probably make a better Ash Ketchum than David would.

David's like 17 or so? Ash is still like 12-13 in the series I guess? That's a 4 year age gap.

Ash is still 10...

odds are if they made a movie it would be based on Mewtwo Strikes back because of its huge amount of popularity

I would watch a live action movie if the pokemon were CGi and did not try to look like real animals

6-Dimension said:
Ash is still 10...
His age is highly debatable.
In the 3rd movie, or moreso in the pikachu short before the movie, he has a party for his and pikachus 1 year "anniversary". An he just turned 10 when he got pikachu a year before , correct?

I think it would be pretty awesome, but I would hope the storyline didn't stick to the animated series (I would be perfectly fine if Ash wasn't in it at all). I would also hope the Pokemon were realistic and not simply look like 3D cartoon characters, but not so realistic they looked like real animals (I don't want to see a recolored Jurassic Park render/prop with a flame on its tail as Charmander). I also don't think any of the characters should have unnatural hair colors (blue, green, etc.). I also think the Poke Balls should be redesigned, just enough to make them look, well, cooler and more detailed I guess.

I once read that Nintendo had once told Robin Williams that they would hire him to play Prof. Oak if a live-action Pokemon movie was ever made, though I'm not sure if this is true.

Tylertyphlosion said:
His age is highly debatable.
In the 3rd movie, or moreso in the pikachu short before the movie, he has a party for his and pikachus 1 year "anniversary". An he just turned 10 when he got pikachu a year before , correct?
There's a reason they didn't celebrate his birthday - only the anniversary.

Ash never ages.

Robin Williams would be epic for the role of Professor Oak. I can kinda see the David Henrie guy for Ash but yeah... he does seem a bit old lol. He could be Brock though? :D
WP

If they did it, it would just be like Dragon ball evolution: stupidly awful! These kind of animes/games/wtv simply just don't work in live action movies...

My reaction would be: MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! GET 20 DOLLARS AND TAKE ME TO THE THEATRE! NOW! Jk. I wouldn't do that, but really, I would be excited.

Wait...I can see the future...Someone is talking to me...They are telling me...That...This...Idea...Is...EPIC FAIL!

runeon12 said:
Wait...I can see the future...Someone is talking to me...They are telling me...That...This...Idea...Is...EPIC FAIL!

Someone... is... telling... me... you're a genius lol

I don't think a live action movie will ever be made, because there would be so much cgi in it. It would simpler to make it all cgi.

Oh god, don't even say that. So many great things have been ruined by live-action films.

Like the new Avatar movie. It's really bad

It would be worse than The Last Airbender.

And I don't even want to think about that nightmare.

dmaster out.

No way. It's as simple as that.

Let Pokémon keep its appeal. Don't change it to something that has failed over and over again.

Back