Pokemon illogical pokedex info

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes but snorlax can sleep for months or years even think outside the box is good but thinking really some time contradict the entire pokemon worald now if it eats 880 lb. a day it will sleep for a mounth it would average ou to be 29 lb. a day. i know it says (880 lb. a day) but that only counts when its awake. get it. :) good question tho.

bacon said:
  • Chuck Norris can live for 10,000 years
  • A single drop of Chuck Norris's poison is fatal
  • With a single swing of its tail, Chuck Norris can snap a telephone pole "as if it were a matchstick"
  • Chuck Norris is so incredibly powerful it must wear a belt to suppress his strength
  • Chuck Norris can launch 1,000 punches in TWO SECONDS
  • Chuck Norris can gallop at 150 MPH
  • Chuck Norris's tongue is nearly 8 feet long
  • Chuck Norris is so violent that it rampages for absolutely no reason and will not cease until everything surrounding it is destroyed
  • Chuck Norris can bring dead plants to life simply by breathing on them
  • If you get bitten by Chuck Norris, you're SCREWED. He ain't gonna let go, ever.
  • Once Chuck Norris starts bouncing, it becomes IMPOSSIBLE for it to stop.
  • Chuck Norris can outspeed Rapidash, able to fly at a speed of over 180 MPH
  • At a mighty 1 foot 8 inches, Chuck Norris can easily support an adult human on its back
  • Chuck Norris can decimate a house in a single blow
  • Chuck Norris's regular diet consists of entire mountains.
  • Chuck Norris causes storms that last for 40 days with a mere flap of its wings
  • Chuck Norris can kick 10 times in one second (pretty believable compared to Machamp)
  • Chuck Norris can knock over trucks simply by yelling
  • Chuck Norris's arm thrusts can "knock a truck flying"
  • It you hold onto Chuck Norris, its heart will stop beating, and Chuck Norris will die.
  • Chuck Norris's body is impervious to everything.
  • Chuck Norris can see through anything
  • The fluid that is sprayed from Chuck Norris's... tail has a range that exceeds 160 feet (over half a football field)
  • Chuck Norris' claws can effortlessly rip through cars
  • Chuck Norris can walk on the ceiling. So can Treecko, but Chuck Norris weighs 948 pounds.

Punctuation issues but ignore them, this is the true way the pokedex should be written.

I laughed so hard I cried....

Here's one-
"It flies at speeds equal to a jet fighter plane"

Surely it would be immune to ground types then?

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
The entire Pokedex lacks logic. It claims such folly as:

• Wartortle can live for 10,000 years
  • A single drop of Nidoran (f)'s poison is fatal
  • With a single swing of its tail, Nidoking can snap a telephone pole "as if it were a matchstick"
  • Machoke is so incredibly powerful it must wear a belt to suppress his strength
  • Machamp can launch 1,000 punches in TWO SECONDS
  • Rapidash can gallop at 150 MPH
  • Lickitung's tongue is nearly 8 feet long
  • Gyarados is so violent that it rampages for absolutely no reason and will not cease until everything surrounding it is destroyed
  • Meganium can bring dead plants to life simply by breathing on them
  • If you get bitten by a Croconaw, you're SCREWED. He ain't gonna let go, ever.
  • Once Igglybuff starts bouncing, it becomes IMPOSSIBLE for it to stop.
  • Skarmory (that base 70 slug) can outspeed Rapidash, able to fly at a speed of over 180 MPH
  • At a mighty 1 foot 8 inches, Phanpy can easily support an adult human on its back
  • Donphan can decimate a house in a single blow
  • Larvitar's regular diet consists of entire mountains.
  • Lugia causes storms that last for 40 days with a mere flap of its wings
  • Combusken can kick 10 times in one second (pretty believable compared to Machamp)
  • Loudred can knock over trucks simply by yelling
  • Hariyama's arm thrusts can "knock a truck flying"
  • It you hold onto a Spoink, its heart will stop beating, and Spoink will die.
  • Registeel's body is impervious to everything.
  • Luxray can see through anything
  • The fluid that is sprayed from Skuntank's tail has a range that exceeds 160 feet (over half a football field)
  • Drapion's claws can effortlessly rip through cars
  • Heatran can walk on the ceiling. So can Treecko, but Heatran weighs 948 pounds.

Actually, since it's a fantasy, most of these aren't lacking so much in the logic.
Such as Rapidash, who was designed after the demon horse, Entei, who could run faster than any horse, and Nidoking is pretty much a monstrous mass of muscle, so it's no surprise it's that strong. I'd imagine it's talking about wooden poles, since it's talks about it's relevance to a matchstick.
As for sproink, I'd imagine that somehow it's constant bouncing goes along with it's heart beat, and it could possibly cause a heart attack, just as constantly swimming helps a shark breath, if a shark stops moving, it stops breathing.
Croconaw is a crocodile pokemon, and seriously, if a croc bites you, they won't let go, not until you stop moving.

Not all that illogical really.
I try to keep in mind that most of these bogusly sounding pokemon are based off of mythology or are part of the whole mythology of pokemon themselves, so they're not suppose to be believable or logically sound.

owen bowen said:
pokedex entry : Snorlax
It is not satisfied unless it eats over 880 pounds of food every day. When it is done eating, it goes promptly to sleep.

if it's true that snorlax eat 880 pounds of food a day, that means a year, it will eat 880 X 365 = 321200 pounds, if there's a 100 of them in the pokemon world, it will eat 321200 X 100 = 3210000 pounds a year, if all the snorlaxes still alive ten years later - 32120000 X 10 = 321200000 pounds in ten years.
at that time, I think the pokemon world is blank, but all the snorlaxes
still want to fill up their stomich.
what will happen??

The game programers just do that to make it interesting and fun.
If they used the amount of food say... a panda bear eats a day, that would be boring, because it's real.
Pokemon is all about altering reality and fantasy. So I wouldn't read too much into it. ;)

I remember the FRLG pokedex of Raichu says it can KO an African elephant :S but I'm sure you don't get regular elephants in pokemon..... land. Also it says Lt.Surge is from America... maybe thats where gen5 will be set >_<

I sorta picked up that pokemon regions applied to different parts of the world, just by judging how pokemon really seemed to go together from generation to generation, certain ones you wouldn't find in the same area together, some have to be in the same area as they would.

But if they did one around america's region you'd have racoon pokmon, more deer pokemon, and bears... :( Not a lot of great animals here.

But if they did one around america's region you'd have racoon pokmon, more deer pokemon, and bears... Not a lot of great animals here.

no way, i love american animals. plus, the regions are based on parts of japan. there's even an actual place in japan called kanto and the pokemon kanto is based on how the real japan kanto looks. and the pokemon have nothing to do with regions in relation to parts of the real world. in american: their are skunks, raccoons, foxes, bears, opossums, all kinds of small birds like robins and such, bobcats, pumas, etc.
in the pokemon world: skunks=stunky/skuntank-sinnoh
raccoons=sentret-johto
foxes=vulpix/ninetales, eeveelutions= kanto, johto, hoenn, sinnoh
bears=teddiursa/ursaring-johto
etc...all from different regions. of course, foxes and bears and such aren't just found in just 1 continent in the world. but pokemon are normally native to the region that features the generation they are from...also, despite the fact that i'm into making the pokemon world "seem real", keep in mind that this is after all a game. and i know in diamond and pearl there is a way to get pokemon from other regions but i believe they did this to avoid another problem they had when ruby and sapphire came out and you couldn't get some pokemon from the first 2 generations like the starters and legendaries.

InuMimi said:
But if they did one around america's region you'd have racoon pokmon, more deer pokemon, and bears... Not a lot of great animals here.

no way, I love american animals. plus, the regions are based on parts of japan. there's even an actual place in japan called kanto and the pokemon kanto is based on how the real japan kanto looks. and the pokemon have nothing to do with regions in relation to parts of the real world. in american: their are skunks, raccoons, foxes, bears, opossums, all kinds of small birds like robins and such, bobcats, pumas, etc.
in the pokemon world: skunks=stunky/skuntank-sinnoh
raccoons=sentret-johto
foxes=vulpix/ninetales, eeveelutions= kanto, johto, hoenn, sinnoh
bears=teddiursa/ursaring-johto
etc...all from different regions. of course, foxes and bears and such aren't just found in just 1 continent in the world. but pokemon are normally native to the region that features the generation they are from...also, despite the fact that I'm into making the pokemon world "seem real", keep in mind that this is after all a game. and I know in diamond and pearl there is a way to get pokemon from other regions but I believe they did this to avoid another problem they had when ruby and sapphire came out and you couldn't get some pokemon from the first 2 generations like the starters and legendaries.
Hey. It is against the Forum Rules to post in a dead thread. That means you are not allowed to post in a thread that has no replies for the past two weeks. Thanks.

*Locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back