Illustration Rare Braviary, Bruxish from Paradise Dragona!

Just adding Bruxish to the list of Pokemon that got an illustration rare before my baby Ampharos did

Just adding Bruxish to the list of Pokemon that got an illustration rare before my baby Ampharos did
A line many people can say about other Pokemon. It is how it is, everyone will get one sooner or later. As a Pokédex collector I’m glad I can tic of another one. Still don’t get why Joltik got two. The only thing I’d complain about is that Bruxish is already hated by many and they choose an artist that doesn’t help it’s appeal in any way

A line many people can say about other Pokemon. It is how it is, everyone will get one sooner or later. As a Pokédex collector I’m glad I can tic of another one. Still don’t get why Joltik got two. The only thing I’d complain about is that Bruxish is already hated by many and they choose an artist that doesn’t help it’s appeal in any way
Imagine Shinji Kanda did the art for the bruxish card

I almost never like Arita art and this confirms it 🙃 who is the artist for Braviary tho? Can’t make it out

You can't complain about all the cards for Charizard, Gardevoir, Darkrai, etc. and then get mad when ugly Bruxish gets some spotlight.
If this card was handled by Sanosuke Sakuma or Naoki Saito we would be having a different conversation. As seen below the brighter colours and heavy line art make it work, but this bruxish just doesn't work for me personally.

64_hires.png

I am pretty sure no one can make that ugly thing look better EVER

The only thing I’d complain about is that Bruxish is already hated by many and they choose an artist that doesn’t help it’s appeal in any way

Now why is Arita catching strays 💀

I almost never like Arita art and this confirms it 🙃 who is the artist for Braviary tho? Can’t make it out
That is very likely Gapao, the artist who debuted with Slugma in Crimson Haze. This is their first AR.

I'm actually a fan of Bruxish. The over the top colors and features, obviously meant to be slightly uncanny, are for some reason really appealing to me. I appreciate gen 7 for having some really unique and perplexing designs that have managed to stick in my mind even though I've never played a single alola game. Don't let me stop you from hating though, you shouldn't ever let someone gaslight you into thinking a pokemon design is good or bad

Every Pokémon deserves an illustration rare :]. I remember when I first saw the Snom illustration rare from Temporal Forces, and I want every person who's a fan of a less powerful/less popular Pokémon to feel the same joy I did.

Back