I'm considering buying a booster box. Which set to choose?

Which booster box is better to buy?

• Majestic Dawn

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Great Encounters

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Secret Wonders

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Mysterious Treasures

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Diamond and Pearl

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • wait for Stormfront...? x_x

Votes: 22 75.9%

• Total voters

moiks

Aspiring Trainer
I want to buy a box, but make sure that I also get good cards. Already bought a Legends Awakened booster box and got a Mesprit and Magnezone Lv. X from it. No Kingdra or Dragonite though :(

For now, I'm thinking of buying Great Encounters since there are 4 Lv. X's i could get. It also has a lot of useful pokemon in the set (Claydol, Pachirisu, Sceptile). Also, I'm trying to get a Darkrai Lv. X so I could give it to a friend on his birthday.

My second priority would be Secret Wonders. It was originally my first pick since it had a lot of pokemon that I liked like the Gastrodons, Jumpluff, Gallade and Gardevoir. The downside is that there are only 2 Lv. X's in the set. :(

Majestic Dawn is a very far third choice. I only like it for the Eeveelutions and probably the Lv. X's as well.

So which one should it be?

I don't see any good points about getting Mysterious Treasures. I already have a Lucario Lv. X.

Same with Diamond and Pearl, I already have a Torterra Lv. X.

I'm just looking for the set with most diversity and usability, good Pokemon, and good trainer cards. I can't seem to decide which to pick. Thanks so much :)

If you don't want another LA box, wait for stormfront.
Great Encounters is ok, but 3/4 of the level Xs are tin'd which is fail. You'd basically be buying an entire box for claydol.

Zelos said:
If you don't want another LA box, wait for stormfront.
Great Encounters is ok, but 3/4 of the level Xs are tin'd which is fail. You'd basically be buying an entire box for claydol.

Yeahh but I don't really want to get Promo cards. :(

And I don't want another LA box. I'd have too many of the same cards! :( I'll probably just trade to get the ones that I missed out.

It's not really all for the Claydol. There's still Togekiss, Milotic, and Pachirisu. :p. But would it be wise to buy the set just for the sake of those Pokemon? :(

Get a set where you need the most out of it.
If you have like 10 cards you need in MD , get MD.
If you have 15 cards you need in GE , get GE.
It's really only your choice.

if you sdon't want LA than wait for SF becuase all the other stes arfe about 1 LV.X per box and non of them have that good cards

The best set choice if you'd have not have already got it would have been LA, because of the sheer amount of Lv X's/wide variety of deck choices. Wait for Stormfront.

I voted Stormfront:

DP Box-not many good cards or Lv. X's
MT Box-same as above
SW Box-I don't feel that there are many cards in here that are to great, and ok Lv. X's
GE Box-nice cards. Has Caldyol, Pachi, Sceptile, and a couple good Lv. X's.
MD Box-Great if you want to build an Eevee deck. 1 of the Lv. X's (Leafeon) can be solf for almost $50.
LA Box-great Lv. X's and cards that are in high demand such as Kingdra
SF Box-almost this whole set is awesome!!!

Wait for stormfront, there are SO many good cards in there that you need to get, i support SF all the way!

I would get great encounters. It has Pretty good cards besides SW if you want that set too.:)

Back