im new and got a couple of questions about the pokemon tcg

losr18

"LET ME SHOW YOU MY MOVES!"
i want to start playing so i have a couple of questions:

1. what starter should i buy?
2. what type is the best for a beginner?
3. i heard only certain sets can be used, is this true?
4. when will the next set come out?
5. will this game die anytime soon?

1. What are you talking about?  
2. Nothing to do with it.  The only thing types will do is requiing different energies.
3. Yes.  Modified format, which is DX (Deoxys) onwards is legal.  Check the Reprinted Cards in the Deck Garage to see other reusable cards.
4. Uh... Next Saturday, if I recall correctly.
5.  Not with this community, it ain't.

Also, check out Noobnerd's FAQ's for Newbies in the Site Discussion board. Man, I wish more people had a much common sense as you.

losr18 said:

1. Preference, really.
2. Again, preference. No type is the "best" although Psychic is dominating right now. >_>;
3. In Modified, you are allowed to use any sets from Deoxys and every set released after it. If you want to use all cards, then there is Unlimited in which you are pretty much unrestricted in what cards you can use. Note, that most people and tourneys play in Modified.
4. Pre-releases for EX Power Savers are coming this weekend (IIRC?) The set should be released soon afterwards..!
5. Asking that question on Pokemon forum is a relatively unintelligent thing to do. ;)

1. If youre talking about starter decks, it's personal preference...
2. Again, preference
3. Yes, Deoxys Set onward..
4. The next set's prerelease is over the next 2 weekends, they're released to the public on Valentines day I believe...
5. Nope, there are tons of people playing the cards... There's no chance of this game dying soon...

If you need anything else, feel free to send me a PM. I suggest you read the How to Build a Deck tutorials in the deck garage and on the main page of Poke-Beach to get started and learn to make your own decks... Good Luck!

Power keepers is being released in about 2-3 weeks publically. The game will not die anytime soon as D/P (Diamon and Pearl) sets are coming out soon.

alright, i bought a shadow blaze started deck. are there any cards i could add to this to build around.

I love that deck. Just get more Typhlosion's from Dragon Frontiers and Pelipper's from Crystal Guardians and then he can switch and move damage. Don't know if it's a good deck but it can be cool. Try different things out.

losr18 said:

1. I would buy one of the special assorment packages (the ones with a starter decks and random pakcks). They always have good cards (I seem to always pull exs).
2. For a beginner....well, I wouldn't suggest playing a specific type, but grass pokes can do alot of effects that people like to use, so I would play them just to get used to the game.
3. Dx-on
4. The pre-release is set for this saturday. The offical date is in 2 weeks, I believe. I could be wrong on this.
5. Never!!

If you've got ShadowBlaze then I would try to get more Typhlosions, Arbok d, & Lickitung d. If you can find them the Full Flame stadium card is nice too.

Take a look at the deckbuilding gude on the main page & the lists of starter sets & the pokedex. All good stuff for a new person.

My impression is that Pokemon is becoming more popular rather than less right now. Lots of new folks in the card game and lots of kids getting interested in the show now.

thanxs for all the help. the game seems really cool. i used to collect the cards when i was little. heck, i still have my original charizard, venusaur and blastoise. i got out of pokemon for years, then saw the game was still around and picked it up. i already play naruto heavily, so i wont play this real competitivly, but it seems fun.

Buy any starter deck
Try fire because it does high damage
It depends o the sets that are at worlds and which ones aren't
February 14th my B day
No this game will go for a long time
visit www.pokemon-tcg.com for furture information on the TCG.:)

Back