Imagine SOPA/ACTA/CISPA Worldwide...

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
https://wfc2.wiredforchange.com/o/9042/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=8229

Seriously they never know when to quit... -___-

Same as the last ones
You-shall-not-pass.jpeg

Most of us disagrees with the idea of SOPA, mainly because we benefit enormously from the copyright infringement (piratebay, nuff said) but from millions of artists, producers and film directors point of view, they should feel very uncomfortable for not being rewarded for their efforts. Hollywood directors may have enough money to live off a good life already (they r greedy, what else can u say?), but most of the affected people cannot live off their artistic talent, and have to get a second job in order to satisfy his needs.

Of course, copyright infringement also helps the artists to gain popularity, and because we live in a different era, the era of information, it (kinda) balances out the loss of monetary profit, while satisfying more of the public.

Therefore, I m not sure how to position myself in this, but I believe SOPA won't solve anything.

Zeto said:
Most of us disagrees with the idea of SOPA, mainly because we benefit enormously from the copyright infringement (piratebay, nuff said) but from millions of artists, producers and film directors point of view, they should feel very uncomfortable for not being rewarded for their efforts. Hollywood directors may have enough money to live off a good life already (they r greedy, what else can u say?), but most of the affected people cannot live off their artistic talent, and have to get a second job in order to satisfy his needs.

Of course, copyright infringement also helps the artists to gain popularity, and because we live in a different era, the era of information, it (kinda) balances out the loss of monetary profit, while satisfying more of the public.

Therefore, I m not sure how to position myself in this, but I believe SOPA won't solve anything.

This isn't SOPA, though; it's TPP. In any case, this is bad... Very bad! ACTA was enough BS, but this actually would destroy a lot of Internet freedoms on a very large scale. This really has to be protested against!

SOPA I'm somewhat open to in the terms of movie piracy. Song piracy is fair in my eyes. It's not like it effects them anyway.

Back