In Depth Fall 2011-present Season Tournament Reports

grantm1999

VileGar
Hey guys, here I'm going to have EVERY Tournament I've been to since then 2011-2012 season started, with a (sometimes complete, sometimes skeleton) decklist and tournament report. The most recent tournaments will be first. I'm going to update this thread from now on instead of the other thread where I simply said "W" or "L" to summarize each round. Also, I'm not going to write up tournament reports that I already have written up before.

States 3 2013 South Carolina
This is what I think my list looked like.

3 Garbodor DRX
2 Trubbish DRX
1 Trubbish NVI
3 Landorus EX
2 Mewtwo EX
Pokemon- 11

6 Fighting Energy
3 Double Colorless
Energy- 9

4 Juniper
3 N
3 Skyla
3 Bianca
1 Colress
4 Switch
4 Catcher
2 Exp. Share
3 Rescue Scarf
1 Heavy Ball
1 Level Ball
2 Ultra Ball
1 Energy Retrieval
1 Computer Search
1 Max Potion
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
2 Virbank City Gym
Trainers- 40

I'm really nervous here because if I make the finals then I'll be within easy Battle Road range of my invite.

Round 1 vs. Random

I steamroll a n00b with a turn 1 Hammerhead w/ LaserBank.
1-0

Round 2 vs. Garbodor/Terrakion/Mewtwo

I go second with a Trubbish to a Mewtwo and get donked. :( That made me sad.
1-1

Round 3 vs. RayEels

I go first with a Landorus and Trubbish to a lone... Ditto. I attach a Fighting to Landorus, Exp. Share to Trubbish, and Bianca for three. Off the last card I hit the Hypnotoxic Laser to score the donk!
2-1

Round 4 vs. The mirror with Tornadus EX

I don't remember this game too well, but my Max Potion was really clutch. He got out all three Giant Capes which was super annoying! It was just kind of back-and-forth here with Lasers and Hammerheads. I eventually won 4-0 but my Max Potion prevented it from being closer.
3-1

Round 5 vs. The mirror with Tornadus EX (again)

I go second against a Turn 1 Hammerhead w/ Laserbank. meh. I get the same though and we go back and forth. I play strategically and retreat/Switch and use Max Potion to deny prizes when I can. After his powerful X Ball on my Landorus I have to Switch out and KO his Mewtwo with my own, but he has another on the bench with a Fighting Energy on it. After my N though he cannot do anything and I KO his Mewtwo for the
6-0 win!
4-1

Unfortunately, I freaking bubble in a THREE WAY TIE of opponent's win percent. If any of my opponents had won just ONE more round, I would've been in! The guy who donked me went 4-1 with "penny" sleeves. He now has 70 CP, he was kind of a scrub.
HOWEVER, I still got 50 CP! YES!

States 2 2013 Maryland
This is my deck (or what I can remember of it)

3 Tornadus EX
2 Mewtwo EX
1 Landorus EX
2 Bouffalant DRX
Pokemon- 8

4 Juniper
3 N
3 Bianca
3 Skyla
1 Colress
4 Switch
4 HTL
4 Catcher
4 PlusPower
3 Max Potion
3 Ultra Ball
1 Giant Cape
1 Revive
1 Computer Search
3 Virbank
Trainers- 42

4 DCE
6 Fighting
Energy- 10

I am worried about the excess Blastoise I see there, but there are only two (I think) people playing PlasmaKlang.

Round 1 vs. PlasmaKlang

I open Bouffalant going first and attach a Fighting and pass. He's dead drawing the whole game. I get a T2 Gold Breaker + LaserBank so his Cobalion EX dies from poison going into my third turn. Then I Gold Breaker his lone Klink for game.
1-0

Round 2 v.s RayEels

I go first to his lone Emolga and cannot donk it. He gets a God start with T1 3 Tynamos and a Rayquaza benched, but cannot get a 180 Dragon Burst till like T3 or T4. Meanwhile I'm spamming Hammerhead and get two prizes off that. He eventually gets a Dragon Burst on my Landy with a 30 snipe on it from earlier. I then LaserBank, PlusPower it, and Power Blast for the win (i had KO'd another Rayquaza at some point earlier).
2-0

Round 3 vs. DCE Darkrai

He goes first and DCE X Balls my lone Tornadus EX. I Ultra Ball for Mewtwo, Switch, DCE, PlusPower, and X Ball for 2 prizes on T1. That made me VERY happy! :D
The game then goes back and forth for awhile as it is similar to a mirror. We both have incredibly annoying Max Potion plays but I think I have more. Once he gets out of Laser with a tech Switch! Eventually he misplays and it comes down to one sleep flip. It goes my way and I win and incredibly close game.
3-0

Round 4 vs. Darkrai LaserBank

I have the natural advantage here but once I KO a Darkrai with Landorus he Secret Swords me! Then we go back and forth with the Big Basics. I don't think I fall for the seventh prize here but I did in Round 2 (not that I had much of a choice). It once again comes down to a sleep flip for him and he gets Tails so I win with his Darkrai dying going into my turn for my last two prizes!
4-0

Round 5 vs. Darkrai Hyrdreigon

I was like what the heck this is 4-0 lol! This game is long but I maintain the upper hand with Landorus. I use two Catchers to completely deny him Hydreigon (clutch in this matchup), and KO a Darkrai at some point. He does bring down my Landorus eventually. I would finish this really fast but he keeps retreating and using Max Potion and my last two prizes are BOTH Catchers! I eventually pile up too much damage and win with him still having 4 prizes (because my Max Potions denied him prizes too!).
5-0

Round 6 vs. Garbodor/Landorus/Mewtwo

This is a downpair and an autowin but I get 1st seed no matter what, so I don't think I try TOO much in this game. I go YOLO with my Junipers early game. Eventually it comes down to a Power Blast flip to see if I can get KO'd by X Ball. I flip tails and with the Rocky Helmet damage puts me just within range of losing if he has the DCE. Well, he does, so gg.
5-1, first seed.

Top 8 vs. PlasmaKlang -curse of the first here we go.

Game 1
I take three quick prizes with Landorus but he gets set up and KO's my two Bouffalants with Cobalion and my Revive is prized so I lose. However, I do waste a lot of time by retreating and using Max Potions to try and deck him out.

Game 2
I go first and start Hammerheading and Lasering away. I take a few prizes before he gets a PlasmaKlang set up and he isn't drawing too well this game. He does get a PlasmaKlang set up but has to attack with it (I don't remember why). I dispatch it with Bouffalant promptly and sweep from there 6-0!

Time is now called

Game 3 sudden death
He wins the flip, heavy Balls for Klink, Skylas for Beach, attaches to his active Cobalion NVI, and beaches. I then DCE to Mewtwo, Catcher Klink, double PlusPower, USE N TO PUT US BOTH TO ONE lol, and X Ball 40 on Klink. Then, he doesn't get anything off his two cards and I win!

I felt really pro after that match. :D

Top 4 vs Keldeo/Mewtwo/Blastoise

Back