iOS 4

Khalddrogo

Aspiring Trainer
With only 2 days till it's release, I wanted to start a thread about the newest iPhone/iPod Touch software.
What are you most excited about it?
I think I'm glad about the custom home screen backgrounds and multi-tasking. I hate it when I go to play a game and i have to quit it just to check facebook or go on safari. I bring my iPod touch (64 gb) everywhere with me.
(Note: only the 32gb and 64gb models of iPod Touch will support Multi-tasking and only the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 will.

Electimortar said:
How do I change my Home background?

First of all, do you have at least a 3G iPod touch/iPhone 3G? Because you cannot do this with any previous models. And if you do have a model that meets the above qualification, then go to settings and there should be a wallpaper/home screen option. Hope this helped. :)

The OS 4 looks like a great new operating system. So many unique features and seems more organized and I'm sure iPhone users will love to see some of the updates coming with the OS 4 too. The folders definitely give a more organized aspect to the iPhone seeing as some people just having way too many apps randomly scattered around the phone to count! Multitasking on anything is just a sweet in itself concept. The 5x Digital Zoom for the camera is a really nice feature.

I'm also intrigued with the iBooks that I also saw on the new iPad. I'm sure that will come in handy for book scholars or just heavy readers! The new mail system also looks really awesome as well.

Anyhow... aside from me talking about all of this, the OS 4 seems really awesome and I hope to have it if I do get an iPhone this January! :D
WP

ibooks is great. only problem is its all the old classics that are free. i only have an ipod touc so i cant really utilize it to its full extent but it looks cool on it anyways. also does this software make my ipod lose battery if its on but in sleep mode?

I like the new operating system, although oddly it seems slower for me. Also, the multitasking with audio is VERY limited, and how do you get that multitasking menu at the bottom to show up? It seemingly appears randomly for me.

Double-tap the home button to bring up the list of recently used apps.
The only thing that I really don't like about this new software is that you have to manually close out your apps now (by holding them until they wiggle on the multitasking bar, then deselecting them) which hinders your battery life just a tad.

The camera is pretty exciting to me, the quality looks great for a phone camera. FaceTime looks fun too, but if I get an iPhone, I don't think that I could use it with any of my friends because of their current cell phones.

Back