Discussion Iron Thorns ex (Path to the Peak on Legs)

Rolo90s

Aspiring Trainer
Screenshot_20240308-220610.pngScreenshot_20240308-220557.pngWho else thinks Iron Thorns ex will be good enough to complete in the meta? I personally like him (Tyranitar is my favorite) so I hope it does well.

Yes, absolutely. Charizard and Miraidon both get completely dumpstered by this card. Those are the big ones, but you've got stuff like Gardevoir ex, Mew ex, Chien-Pao ex, Gholdengo ex and more, all of which Iron Thorns ex greatly hinders. The attack is very Energy efficient, conserving an Energy in case of a KO, and as a Future Pokemon its damage can be boosted with Cobalt Command.

Thank you for the input. Glad to see Iron Thorns ex has more potential then I realized.

Thank you for the input. Glad to see Iron Thorns ex has more potential then I realized.
It's good, but it's not infallible. As soon as they can force it out of the Active Spot - via Prime Catcher, Boss's Orders, Iron Bundle, whatever - they'll get their Abilities back. Still, the lock is good enough that it'll definitely see play.

It's good, but it's not infallible. As soon as they can force it out of the Active Spot - via Prime Catcher, Boss's Orders, Iron Bundle, whatever - they'll get their Abilities back. Still, the lock is good enough that it'll definitely see play.
That's good enough for me. I'm already playing Future Box

Back