Is Mewtwo X still around???

T-Tars_Delight

Aspiring Trainer
Battle roads coming up soon and I play all sp decks now! Not really worried about Mewtwo X VS. my Legos deck that has Dialga G X, but what about my PG-13 deck? What does a PG-13 player do to counter Mewtwo? Short of playing one myself.....is it even worth considering? Is the original pokemon clone still out there Giga Burning SP decks into oblivion?

RE: Is Mewtwo X still around?

Please don't mini-mod, simply report the post. Thanks
-cheetor586

i beleibe the best counters are:

DGX
nintails MT

i don't think there are many other good ones in SP decks

As an answer to your question of whether mewtwo is still around, yes, it is, at least I remember it was at Worlds.

It sure is rare but I was thinking why not to tech it in any kind of SP deck. The decks you are facing are 90% SP only decks where Mewtwo X gives you free win.

We will still be seeing the odd Mewtwo for quite some time. So yes, it is still around. It's just not as useful as it used to be.

Its more useful then it was back in the day actually mainly because the Legos decks played no Mewtwo counter.

Mewtwo is So-So. Your opponent will most likely Luxray it if they see it. It can definently cause disruption, but It's getting less and less practical. Rapidash AA could possibly replace it.

Mewtwo isn't seen much, but he has more potential now than he did during DP-PT. The reason was that Dialga G was HUGE during that period, thus making it near worthless. However, Dialga G techs aren't common outside of DPL (I called it DathPika Lock. =p) so Mewtwo is a little bit more viable. Luxray can be a nuisance, but you can just send up Mewtwo again and watch their Basics become Bench sitters.

Mewtwo is a deadly force against SP decks not carrying Dialga G or some other anti-Mewtwo tech. Most SP decks still carry at least some tech for it, even if not Dialga G. (Like Ninetails in Luxape.)

However, Mewtwo is far superior to Rapidash. I can go Uxie X against Rapidash, while Mewtwo stops Uxie cold. Rapidash also is pitiful at attacking. At least Mewtwo might KO something. =/

Anyway, I see you are running a spread deck. In that case, you don't need Mewtwo. The spread hits any Bench-sitters. It could be hard against him, but be glad that Mewtwo isn't too great on offense, and your spread will get a few KOs if that's all you need to win.

Back