Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Its not dead but not fully alive

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Its Not dead, its alive and kicking

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They should promote Pokemon more in the UK, I watch TV a lot and the last time I saw an advert of Pokemon has been months, they promote it lots in the USA in America I think

kashmaster said:
I just feel pokemon is dead over here. No tournaments for the TCG, if there is its rarely. No events for the Video game. Its that bad I think the Darkrai Movie just premiered on Jetix not even CN unless they have already done it.
Most of that is nonsense. We have a lot of TCG tournaments, I for one go to them often, infact London states are this Saturday. We had a video game event last summer also the video game showdown is coming to Europe so I doubt they'll miss the UK.

True but Platinum doesn't really come out till May in Europe (i think) USA get it March which is kind of unfair as it gives USA more of an advantage than us brits. I training my team now via Pearl.

Darn only 3 days till states =(

You can check out the official site for lists of leagues. Last time I checked, there was five pages worth of addresses. Definitely not dead.

I'm from England myself, and I don't even play the TCG. But the fact that even I know this means... you are simply not looking hard enough. XD

Also, there's a chance that the Video Game Showdown will reach England this year. So that's another Pokemon event for you.

Me and ~Magma KIng~ are British and it's certainley not dead in the UK! They still ahve events but yes, I do sometimes think that the TCG is a bit dead. There are no tourneys

Dark Marc said:
Me and ~Magma KIng~ are British and it's certainley not dead in the UK! They still ahve events but yes, I do sometimes think that the TCG is a bit dead. There are no tourneys

Exactly, thank you, I live in the UK and I also think that the anime is slightly dead, the USA are far more ahead of us.

Pokemon is alive and kicking! Wah Pah!

Pokemon hasn't got this much players since... I don't know, oh.

Still, Pokemon is still alive everywhere in the world.​

I'm from the UK, but I live in the country and leagues are in cities, so I can't go. People in my class get some cards, but only because they just like cards, though I do have a friend in my class who likes Pokémon.

Well its just where I live pokemon is certainly not on everyones priority list. It is true pokemon never gets a mention on tv and so on. I have given up on pokemon cards as they are too expensive as pokemon is not so big here. But im sure il go to that pokemon video game showdown thingy as that will be fun and a good way to find people that love pokemon

I agree, the cards are way too expensive, I mean when Woolworths was open, got a packet of the EX Power Keepers set, £5.49!

Well that is because woolworths were a rip off and look at them now. It's alot cheaper to buy cards on the internet especially american sites. It's harder for some poeple to play pokemon than other i believe, depending on where you live as there aren't as many shops that sell cards anymore

Well I live in the centre of london where everything is high priced and a pokemon deck is like 18 pounds and a booster is a fiver. Its a bit of a bump as I spend most of my time studyin or playin ps3.

^ i don't live in London, but very near it and yes the Cards and Decks are scary, there like 3 pound just for like 10 cards! But anyways at least it's not dead, it's only the TFG thats really dead, but isn't that dead everywhere? :p

It is a scandal when in America its worth like half of 3 pounds. Thats what happens when you live in a rich area. They just expect you to beable to dish out money asthough it is water. That is probably the main reason the TCG has been almost erradicated from society as people are like 'five pounds for card what a rip off' and so on. Btw do you live in essex or southend?

^ :p Oh I live in Surrey so thats quite near! Also I have noticed that there are no proffesinal, with no adults, video game tournaments either D:

It is quite frustrating that the UK are full of people who look down upon playing pokemon. I blame the anime to a certain extent as it seems to be designed for babies at their embriotic stage. Its just so childish!

Also the UK is full of Chavs and they only care about smoking and what not. Yes I and ~Magma King~ blame the Naime for being stupid and disgusting!

LOL its so true all everyone thinks about is girls and drugs. Very few seem to go deeper than that and enjoy life in better ways

Yarsh, Indeed, and the epic battle between schools
" hey, did you know that ( enter your school here) like, really sucks!" * gets pelted by rocks*
Older than time, makes me yawn sometimes.

Anyways pokemon TCG is way too overpriced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back