Discussion Is Virizion/Genesect Even Viable Anymore?

LoneWolf2113

Now With Sablenite!
Hi guys, LoneWolf2113 back on the forums with a bit of a question for all you beachgoers out there. Is Virizion/Genesect even a viable deck anymore? I ask this because I really, really would love to play this deck for spring regionals and, assuming that other people are also considering this deck for regs, I'd like to know what all you guys think about this deck anymore. Personally, in my own testing, I have played around 30 games or so with this deck on TCGOne and have only found Vespiquen/Flareon, Trevenant BREAK, and Raikou/Eels to be bad matchups accounting for all 6 of my testing losses. So far this deck is 24 for 30 on wins and seems to be doing really great (when I don't start Hoopa EX, of course).

Allow me to explain these matchups. Vespiquen/Flareon, while not as prominent in expanded as it once was, can easily hit Vir/Gen for weakness using Flareon's Vengeance attack, making the prize trade considerably shift in their favor. Trevenant BREAK can be rocky, especially if they play Bursting Balloon, but if you can start using Megalo Cannon turn 1 with the use of Max Elixir and Energy Switch, then you can usually pull ahead so long as Fighting Fury Belt can come down early and you don't bench Shaymins. Raikou Eels is such a hard deck to beat because of Shining Body. Even though you can get essentially negate Shining Body using a Fury Belt and 1 Deoxys EX, you'd still need to hit for 120 before Fury Belt and Deoxys to OHKO a Raikou, or just use a G Booster, also Raikou can recover from a KO faster than Vir/Gen typically can.

So what do you guys think? Could Vir/Gen take a Regionals by storm, or will it be condemned to the long list of wannabe decks, sitting in between Volcarona/Ampharos and Machamp EX/Ariados? Any feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks!
LoneWolf2113

Back