Is VVV good in this format?

Storminn

Cities format is going to be wacked.
Sorry if I spelled stuff in the Title wrong :D But is VVV (Victini/Vileplume/Vinalluxe) a good deck in this Meta? I rate it like Tier 2 or 3 in my Opinion and have been testing and it beats some Tier 1 Decks but loses mostly to decks that use it strategy Paralysing and other Special Conditions. But anyway do you think it deveres this rating? Is it good? and anymore Budget friendly decks?

RE: Is this Deck a good descision?

I would try using Mew prime w/ Vanilluxe/Jumpluff/Unfezant in the lost Zone with Vileplume and Fliptini. It is much faster and kills ALL the Mewtwo's. Hope I helped :D

Gistica said:
I would try using Mew prime w/ Vanilluxe/Jumpluff/Unfezant in the lost Zone with Vileplume and Fliptini. It is much faster and kills ALL the Mewtwo's. Hope I helped :D

But it is not cheap xD and that is also slow throwing stuff in the Lost Zone 3 times with a 60 HP Basic XD I mean its alright but like down tiered majorly

Anybody else :D

Well, It is a to slower than many decks out there. Though it is good, it is hard to get out everything you need right away. It may be tricky since there are two stage 2s in this deck, so it has a certain disadvantage to other decks. I think tier 2-3 sounds about right.

Jirachi said:
Well, It is a to slower than many decks out there. Though it is good, it is hard to get out everything you need right away. It may be tricky since there are two stage 2s in this deck, so it has a certain disadvantage to other decks. I think tier 2-3 sounds about right.

So what do you think about Acelgor/Sunflora/Vileplume I heard that was nice aswell as that consists of Stage 1s might be a little bit faster but kinda a lesser attack. And ya you need to get a decent start and 1 to 2 top decks to own with VVV

Storminn said:
But it is not cheap xD and that is also slow throwing stuff in the Lost Zone 3 times with a 60 HP Basic XD I mean its alright but like down tiered majorly

Anybody else :D

You dont need to LZ jumpluff. I play the deck just for fun at leagues. it's much better then VVV and more fun.

Shaymin Lv.X said:
You don't need to LZ jumpluff. I play the deck just for fun at leagues. it's much better then VVV and more fun.
EDIT: I love Mew Primes :D

Shaymin Lv.X said:
You don't need to LZ jumpluff. I play the deck just for fun at leagues. it's much better then VVV and more fun.

Wait one second this deck could be quick and prevent damage what do you run in your deck?

VVV is cool, yet I disagree about it being Tier 2-3, I played it at BR and went 2-2, I lost to a Magnezone and a Zekeels. I think it is one of those decks that doesn't have a tier, yet has the potential to win.

Blui129 said:
VVV is cool, yet I disagree about it being Tier 2-3, I played it at BR and went 2-2, I lost to a Magnezone and a Zekeels. I think it is one of those decks that doesn't have a tier, yet has the potential to win.
I agree but 2-3 is clost to where it should be.

2-3 is where the best decks are, I haven't seen any VVV recently. Also, hardly any have done well at any tournaments. It just shows that this deck isn't great. I 'aint saying that's bad. Just not Tier 1+ material.

Blui129 said:
2-3 is where the best decks are, I haven't seen any VVV recently. Also, hardly any have done well at any tournaments. It just shows that this deck isn't great. I 'aint saying that's bad. Just not Tier 1+ material.

Yes you are correct! If it was Tier 1 wow lol

IT'S NOT TIER 1!! IT DOESN'T HAVE A TIER! It's just not that good. It's fun and can win, gets wins on EXs when there is a Paralysis lock on them.

I don't believe VVV is that great. As earlier mentioned it does take quite a bit to set up. The basics aren't that big either making them fairly easy to wipe out before they evolve. 130 HP is ok, but there are cards that can OHKO it. Zekrom EX comes to mind due to lightning's dominance in the metagame. There is also Raikou EX that can snipe while you are attempting to set-up.

I would rate it is tier 3 because of how slow the deck is, but that's just me. Twins is a must for the deck since the opponent will likely get at least 1-2 prizes before you are set-up.

Blui129 said:
IT'S NOT TIER 1!! IT DOESN'T HAVE A TIER! It's just not that good. It's fun and can win, gets wins on EXs when there is a Paralysis lock on them.

I never ever said this deck was Tier 2 and yes it is Tier 3

Updated the title to reflect the topic, and moved to the Competitive Collective.

VVV has personally been one of my favorite decks. I'd say it's either tier 2 or 3 (I'd say more like 2.5 if that's even a thing), but the deck's main weakness is it takes a while to set up. I've never actually thought of running Twins (or did I?) but that's pretty much a must with things that run Vileplume/have slow set ups.

The best bit is when you get set up with VVV you're virtually untouchable.
Will it be feasible after rotation? I have no idea but I'm definitely going to try.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
VVV has personally been one of my favorite decks. I'd say it's either tier 2 or 3 (I'd say more like 2.5 if that's even a thing), but the deck's main weakness is it takes a while to set up. I've never actually thought of running Twins (or did I?) but that's pretty much a must with things that run Vileplume/have slow set ups.

The best bit is when you get set up with VVV you're virtually untouchable.
Will it be feasible after rotation? I have no idea but I'm definitely going to try.

How COULD it be feasible after rotation? No Vileplume. You'd also run into trouble because Victini is a really easy target especially with Raikou EX.

Well, you could try Rescue Energy and get Victini back into your hand so you could play it back down. After rotation if Vileplume is taken out (which it most likely will) the deck dies, unless a new trainer lock mechanism comes out.

Also Garbodor is going to hurt Victini. If you don't know:
Code:
Garbodor - Psychic - HP100
Stage 1 - Evolves from Trubbish

Ability: Dust Toxin
As long as this Pokemon has a Pokemon Tool card attached to it, ignore all Abilities printed on any cards in either player's field, hand, or discard pile (excluding any Dust Toxins).

[P][P][C] Sludge Toss: 60 damage.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

Back