Jirachi Collection w/ Darkrai XY114 promo

roastbeef56

Aspiring Trainer
Found this in a Target today among about 10 other Jirachi Mythical collection boxes. It was the only one with this Darkrai promo. Can anyone tell me why this happened or if it's worth anything?
oySc6ie.jpg

WPM actually tweeted a photo of a box like this, so it doesn't look like you're the only one. :p

I'd say that a new, unopened box could be worth a bit eventually...

Yea I saw one other image of one like this when I google searched it. Seems kind of weird that they'd do this. Thanks for the heads up

Sounds like a packaging error to me. It's not the first time something like this has happened.

As for value, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I imagine it'd be worth a little bit over the cost of the box now, but way more in the future.

Yea I saw one other image of one like this when I google searched it. Seems kind of weird that they'd do this. Thanks for the heads up
They probably didn't do this intentionally just a packaging error. Seems to be a more frequent issue with WPM also tweeting a pic like this. If they did do this intentionally then could they please put a Meloetta in there? (Those probably aren't printed yet but I don't care).

Then I looked at the promo and thought, "Man this thing is gonna be such a pain to deal with. Oh well... Might as well make that Dark deck I've been putting off." :)

They probably didn't do this intentionally just a packaging error. Seems to be a more frequent issue with WPM also tweeting a pic like this. If they did do this intentionally then could they please put a Meloetta in there? (Those probably aren't printed yet but I don't care).

Then I looked at the promo and thought, "Man this thing is gonna be such a pain to deal with. Oh well... Might as well make that Dark deck I've been putting off." :)
I would keep it sealed. But of course that is totally up to you. There have been weirder/equally as weird errors in the past 6 months. For example, PokeSisters opened a Celebi Collection and got 2 promos and 2 codes. Probably the weirdest errors I have seen are a crimped Darkness Energy I pulled from Generations (sadly not reverse holo. if it was I can only imagine the price), and a M Blaziken Premium Collection that came with 2 M Blazikens instead of a Blaziken and a M Blaziken. On top of that, the box came with an extra pack! here is the vid:

I would keep it sealed. But of course that is totally up to you. There have been weirder/equally as weird errors in the past 6 months. For example, PokeSisters opened a Celebi Collection and got 2 promos and 2 codes.
I never said I would open them. I would keep them sealed because when I sell them in a few months they'd be worth some of my time getting onto eBay and selling 'em. Yeah and these errors are just to frequent at this point to go unnoticed. Hopefully people are actually picking these up. The kids probably don't want them but sure as hell the collectors do. Because I'm actually hunting for one of these to sell in a few months. I found one at my target already. That's just a sign these aren't rare... or their packaging staff are just plain lazy.

Back