Ruling kabutops MD ruleing Question

Kabutops can stop:
Dp-on Trainers.
Any fossils.
HP-on trainers (supporters, tools, stadiums are not counted as trainers even if they say they are, because kabutops was realeased after the new rulings an "knows" the diference between
supporters, tools, stadiums)

On a related note, when exactly are fossils trainers and when are they basic pokemon?

I'm guessing fossils count as trainers as long as they are not on the field (in your hand or your deck) and they count as basic pokemon only when they are on the bench or active. Is this correct? Does this mean you can't use Bebe to search for dome fossil but you can use Girafarig MT to search for it?
Also, can you use rare candy to evolve a dome fossil into a kabutops since dome fossil is technically a basic pokemon?

You cant use Bebe to search for a Fossil that is why they came out with Fossil Excavator, and Yes, you can Rare Candy a Dome Fossil into a Kabutops.

but at the start of the game.u must play dome fossil,helix,old amber,etc etc as a basic pokemon if u dont have any basic in ur starting 7

MetalFire said:
but at the start of the game.u must play dome fossil,helix,old amber,etc etc as a basic pokemon if u don't have any basic in ur starting 7

Is this true? I thought that you couldn't play fossils unless you're allowed to play trainers. For instance, I thought that you couldn't play fossils on the first players first turn, but you can play them if you go second.

The rules changed a bit before worlds 05.

In your opening hand, all fossils are considered basic pokemon for the purpose of setup only.

what is classified as a fossil you ask...

Mysterious Fossil
Root Fossil
Claw Fossil
Dome Fossil
Helix Fossil
Old Amber

Those 6 cards are considered the fossil group.

With Fossil Excavator however, Old amber, and Aerodactyl MD cannot be chosen, as neither have fossil in its name, or evolves from a fossil.

~Duke

viewtifulme said:
MetalFire said:
but at the start of the game.u must play dome fossil,helix,old amber,etc etc as a basic pokemon if u don't have any basic in ur starting 7

Is this true? I thought that you couldn't play fossils unless you're allowed to play trainers. For instance, I thought that you couldn't play fossils on the first players first turn, but you can play them if you go second.

Yes it is true. the setup phase is not your first turn. so you have to put a fossil as your active if you dont have a basic in starting hand, and you can play fossils to your bench or active in the game setup. But you cant play any trainer, including fossils on your first turn, if you go first. Setup is diferent from first turn.

Back