TCG Fakes Kangaflora's Custom Cards (text, and image using Pokecardmaker.net)

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Scizor.png

Kleavor.png

Jynx.png

Decided to do Scizor, Kleavor and Jynx as their first types. Jynx's attack is a reference to the fact that it didn't get an evolution where Electabuzz and Magmar did.

Last edited:

Wolf Raider

Aspiring Trainer
Do love some Klevor action. Now one just have to hope for a deck focused on both working in synergy in the offical tcg.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
They done it in XY Furious Fists where Electivire and Magmortar work together by powering each other up. and also in one of the recent Sword and Shield sets, but I can't remember which set exactly.

Wolf Raider

Aspiring Trainer
They done it in XY Furious Fists where Electivire and Magmortar work together by powering each other up. and also in one of the recent Sword and Shield sets, but I can't remember which set exactly.
Thanks will check them out.

Also question... What letter to use to denote fairy energy requierment? Since now we have 3 types strating with F.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks will check them out.

Also question... What letter to use to denote fairy energy requierment? Since now we have 3 types strating with F.
For Fairy Energy requirements, they used Y for Fairy. That's because F is used for Fighting, meaning R is instead used for Fire.

Wolf Raider

Aspiring Trainer
For Fairy Energy requirements, they used Y for Fairy. That's because F is used for Fighting, meaning R is instead used for Fire.
Thanks! Was unsure about that and I will have new fairy type text fakes soon.

By the way have you seen sludge counter grimer before? I like idea of counter based cards but I see why they have not caught on since their now exactly included in core rules.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks! Was unsure about that and I will have new fairy type text fakes soon.

By the way have you seen sludge counter grimer before? I like idea of counter based cards but I see why they have not caught on since their now exactly included in core rules.
I will have to take a look at that. I might do something along those lines one day, but not just yet.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
The Counter Pokémon aren't the only instances of this mechanic. Electabuzz (WOtC Promo 46), Dark Ivysaur (Best of Game 6), Gardevoir ex delta species (Dragon Frontiers 93), and Tyranitar ex delta species (Dragon Frontiers 99) all place their own Markers. Now, what exactly is the difference between a Counter and a Marker? Historically speaking, there isn't much of one. Ideally, a Marker is something you place on a Pokémon once to signify an effect, while a Counter can stack to signify a growing effect. And, indeed, this is the system I would use for custom cards. But by this logic, Dark Ivysaur should place counters, not markers, and Grimer, Marowak, Smeargle, and Quilava should place Grime Markers, Bone Markers, Color Markers, and Char Markers. It doesn't even seem to be a matter of when these cards were printed. In the end, it seems to be a matter of when these cards were printed (at least in the case of international releases). The last card to be printed internationally with a reference to Counters was Smeargle, Wizards Promo number 32. The first card to be printed internationally with a reference to Markers was Electabuzz, Wizards Promo number 46. 14 promos later. However, Electabuzz first released in Japan as a vending machine promo, along with the aforementioned Grimer and Marowak (which were printed after Japan's Gym sets), and after the aforementioned Snorlax (which was printed after Japan's Team Rocket set), but before Quilava and Smeargle. Whether the original card referenced Counters or Markers might be a good subject for further research.

By the way, I'm sure you haven't realized, but each of the 50 cards you posted on page 2 of the thread is nearly two screens in height, and it takes over 20 seconds to scroll from top to bottom and twice as long to wait for any image to load. In contests like the Fakers Marathon, seasoned judges like Jabberwock and PMJ instruct us to use the spoiler feature (found under "more options") to compress our entries. This system works even better for personal threads, where large numbers of image fakes can create long loading times and longer threads, and can make locating individual cards a long and painful process, not to mention putting a strain on visitors with poorer Wi-Fi or cellular connections. I'm sure you would benefit as much as anyone else from taking a little time each evening to put your existing image fakes in spoilers, or even from just putting your future image fakes in spoilers and leaving your past ones as they are.

To use an example of spoilers, I have below enclosed images of cards referencing Markers.
Electabuzz Lightning Rod Marker.jpg
Dark Ivysaur unnamed Marker.jpg
Gardevoir ex Imprison Marker.jpg
Tyranitar ex Shock Marker.jpg
Tropius Dragon Frontiers.jpg
Actual Shock and Imprison Markers.png

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
All of the images are now in the spoiler tags.
Thanks. I'm sure many people, yourself included, will be glad you took the trouble.
By the way, your secondary type Pokémon are very interesting. I particularly like Weedle's new Bug Hunch. It might also be the aesthetics at play, but I can't help but wonder what sort of deck I would make using this card. The possibilities get more interesting still in formats like cube, where it could slot into a Beedrill line of any power level. How would this card look in a Wizards era cube, with Skyridge Beedrill and Neo Genesis Sneasel? Or in a mid-power cube deck using Ariados Ancient Origins to poison both active Pokémon and Mightyena Platinum to attack for free? Bug hunch just seems to become twelve times more interesting with only two times the number of searchable types; a very simple tweak which, though it wouldn't carry a CaC entry, opens up a wealth of opportunities.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Delibird.png

I intend on doing the Kanto Fossils sometime this week. But first, I have done a Colorless Delibird, seeing that there was only Colorless Delibird from Neo Revelation.

Wolf Raider

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for that, I'm glad you think so. I hope one day to do a proper set, but right now, I will carry on doing random cards until I have decided on a set.
I know that feel. I certanly want to make a set but first I have to get used to making cards in general.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Kingdra.png

I decided to do a Kingdra today while planning the attacks carefully for Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto and Kabutops in order to show them properly as Water types.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Omanyte (1).png
Omastar.png
Kabuto.png
Kabutops.png
Aerodactyl.png

I have always wanted to see how the Kanto Fossils could all work together in a Fighting deck while representing their second types. And regarding the Retreat Cost, I found that to be too low for Omastar, Kabutops and Aerodactyl, so I increases them by 1 each.