Klinklang Line from Stellar Miracle!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Klinklang, Klang, and Klink have been revealed from Stellar Miracle! Stellar Miracle releases in Japan on July 19th. We expect the cards from Stellar Miracle to become part of the international set Stellar Crown, which releases on September 13th.
Klink – Metal – HP60
Basic Pokémon
[C] Allure: Draw a card.
[C][C] Beam: 20 damage.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 2

Klang – Metal – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Klink
[C][C] Iron Tackle: 60 damage. This Pokémon also does 10 damage to itself.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 3

Klinklang – Metal – HP140
Stage...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
i think it would have certainly fared better with a more traditional destruction/hyper beam that shaved off an energy from the target.

I don’t think we needed the extra Chien-Pao counter, with how the deck has fallen off recently, but I guess we have this in case it ever comes back. Other than that, I don’t really see any other use for this card :/

Uh oh, why does Klingklang's Hyper Beam have a cross on the end of its name? He isn't secretly another tortuous Roman execution device, is he?

That's a kind of card that makes you scratch your head. Obviously there are some meta considerations for running a card like that, but if you take it outside of that, it's a very weird card to run. If you run Klinklang alone, there might be games where you don't get to play it at all. If you run the line, then the opposite might happen, where the pre-evos are a dead weight. I would much rather see the Ability put it directly on top of a Klink or Klang.
Also I would add "Discard all Energy from this Pokémon unless Klinklang is an Evolved Pokemon", but that's just me.

Card is straight booty

Cpao shareholders still in no danger

it'll probably be left as Power Beam, card definitely seems to wanna push you towards a klinklang engine

it'll probably be left as Power Beam, card definitely seems to wanna push you towards a klinklang engine
No, it definitely won't be Power Beam as that's also not the same attack name (パワービーム).

Klink- Not bad. Card draw for a colorless is good, and it works well with Buddy Buddy Poffin.

Klang- Not great. I wish PTCGI would make Stage 1s which are not final evolutions better. It’s a little tiring to see them as afterthoughts.

KlinKlang- Good against…Charizard? You could run a few in a deck as Ultra Ball fodder and play them just in case your opponent has a Stage 2 in play. Useful against Feraligator I suppose as long as you can accelerate the energy. The double colorless attack is a bonus.

"Hey, guys, Chien Pao is currently ruling the game with universally no opposition in real life games and on TCGL, whether it's used in standard or expanded...what should we do? Maybe print a 2-prizer that's the perfect counter to it while also serving as its own perfectly functional and well-designed Steel type?"

"No, Dude. Let's make a stage 2 that has a mediocre attack with a way-too-situational ability that could never have any reason to be in a deck unless it's specifically to counter a chien-pao ex!! That'll help players out!!"

"Hey, guys, Chien Pao is currently ruling the game with universally no opposition in real life games and on TCGL, whether it's used in standard or expanded...what should we do? Maybe print a 2-prizer that's the perfect counter to it while also serving as its own perfectly functional and well-designed Steel type?"

"No, Dude. Let's make a stage 2 that has a mediocre attack with a way-too-situational ability that could never have any reason to be in a deck unless it's specifically to counter a chien-pao ex!! That'll help players out!!"
You could run one or two copies as a tech specifically against Chein Pao. I tech Mewtwo from 151 to counter Charizard for that reason.

As soon as Baxcalibur hits the table Klinklang is playable without needing to evolve *and* with an attack that takes any kind of energy. It’s not a bad card IMO.

You could run one or two copies as a tech specifically against Chein Pao. I tech Mewtwo from 151 to counter Charizard for that reason.

As soon as Baxcalibur hits the table Klinklang is playable without needing to evolve *and* with an attack that takes any kind of energy. It’s not a bad card IMO.
in a game with a sideboard i think this would be a more open and shut discussion. my feeling is that as it is, it's bad, but it has its use cases. 130 for 2 energy that also loses that energy just doesn't seem like enough to go 2 for 1 against any evolved ex, even if you're getting it back online with Metal Maker Metang. i suppose purple fairies could also get bullied by this card too, but the relevant Gardevoir ex we're currently staring down is a purple psychic instead and there aren't a lot of other big players weak to metal.

I'm more like why is the guy that worked about Chien-Pao? There's much bigger threats

Back