Klinklang Line from Stellar Miracle!

You could run one or two copies as a tech specifically against Chein Pao. I tech Mewtwo from 151 to counter Charizard for that reason.

As soon as Baxcalibur hits the table Klinklang is playable without needing to evolve *and* with an attack that takes any kind of energy. It’s not a bad card IMO.
How well does that work? I would have guessed the Charizard ex player would simply pass their turn without attacking if they had to play a different Supporter card instead of Quick Searching for Boss.

Translation issues, eh? Well, at least it's not an Incineroar situation where Klinklang has an attack called "Goddamn Beam"!
If you could find the photo of that translation, that would be amazing.

On a separate note, “One shot chien pao with a turbo energy is amazing! Everyone can use it in their decks as a counter, along with the Kyurem and dipplin.

I get why they did this. What I don't get is the guy earlier making Chien-Pao out to be insanely over powered. It's a good deck but it's not like it had to have a counter to stop it.

If you could find the photo of that translation, that would be amazing.

On a separate note, “One shot chien pao with a turbo energy is amazing! Everyone can use it in their decks as a counter, along with the Kyurem and dipplin.
Not a beam, but a punch.

Official translation turned it into "Profane Punch."

I'm more like why is the guy that worked about Chien-Pao? There's much bigger threats
Idk man i just don't like specific cards being the top of the meta for months and months on end. I know it's not fun. WE all know it's not fun. Was it fun to see ADP+Z for the 7,562nd time and not have any fun to use decks that reliably countered it? Or ReshiZard? No. The people making this game loving introducing Pokemon they know will become the kings, queens and princes of the format and then don't give any good tools to use against them until AFTER the card rotates. That's why these cards are still played a lot in expanded- people know they still work. At least in the mainline games there's hundreds upon hundred of reliable options that can conceivably take something overpowered (granted stats are a lot more important in the main games) down, but the tcg chooses to not even give us a couple for something that, realistically, just need one good opponent. I don't think we should be afraid to recognize this.

I get why they did this. What I don't get is the guy earlier making Chien-Pao out to be insanely over powered. It's a good deck but it's not like it had to have a counter to stop it
I love Pokemon fans because you can effectively just say "hey, why are there no cards that have this Pokemon's weakness that are good? that sucks." and they'll twist it into anything they can. I literally went out of my way to avoid saying "overpowered" because I knew it wouldn't be worth it. I love living in a world with you guys

I'm genuinely confused. Chien-Pao is not that good in the meta right now, and it's never been overwhelmingly dominant like ADP or Lugia. Do you have a problem with ALL meta decks, Bishlarp? Because there's nothing exceptional about Chien-Pao. It is not "ruling the game" and never really has.

Idk man i just don't like specific cards being the top of the meta for months and months on end. I know it's not fun. WE all know it's not fun. Was it fun to see ADP+Z for the 7,562nd time and not have any fun to use decks that reliably countered it? Or ReshiZard? No. The people making this game loving introducing Pokemon they know will become the kings, queens and princes of the format and then don't give any good tools to use against them until AFTER the card rotates. That's why these cards are still played a lot in expanded- people know they still work. At least in the mainline games there's hundreds upon hundred of reliable options that can conceivably take something overpowered (granted stats are a lot more important in the main games) down, but the tcg chooses to not even give us a couple for something that, realistically, just need one good opponent. I don't think we should be afraid to recognize this.
I agree with you. I'm not saying they shouldn't print this card or counters to meta decks they definitely should. I think you're missing my point. My point that you made it sound like Chien-Pao was this crazy unstoppable deck that was basically BDIF and I just found that to be excessive and wrong. There's several decks performing better than Chien-Pao right now that need countered more than Chien-Pao. This is exactly what you said "Chien Pao is currently ruling the game with universally no opposition"

You're comparing Chien-Pao to ADP and I think that's the disconnect here. Chien-Pao never had been not ever still be as dominant as ADP. ADP is arguably the most op card ever printed. Chien-Pao is just a good deck that not even top of the meta right now. I saw it put in the 3rd tier in a ranking the other day with several decks being in the tiers above. Most wouldn't even consider it a top 5 deck right now so I don't think we need to over react to this deck.

Klink is adorable, I love the fat outlines.

Klinklang is fine, I don't think it'll see much play in Standard and in GLC there are far better options for the Pokemon, unless you wanted to be funny and run a 0/0/1 of the line.

Funnily enough the Steam Siege Klinklang works well with the new Gravity Stone. Is it worth running? Probably not, but it's a cute tech.

Back