• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

KlinKlang/Spazz (Durant+Cobalion)

bulbasuar17

Aspiring Trainer
Hey! Please rate this deck and comment on what you would change. Thanks!
:D
Strategy is to Get PlasmaKlang out Turn 2, Use Durant to devour everything basically. The other Klinklang is optional. After the playing field has weakened for your opponent, Use Cobalion to take prizes. Use HTL to stall, especially vs. Keldeo or Darkrai.
Pokemon
4-0-2-2 Klinklang (2 PS and 2 BW)
4 Durant NVI
1 Registeel EX
3 Cobalion EX
1 Sableye DEX

=17 (Yeah I know, Extremely bulky. I've tested though, and its very Consistent.)

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums
2 Level Ball
2 Heavy Ball
2 Ultra Ball
3 Switch
3 HypnoToxic Laser
1 Virbank City Gym
1 Computer Search
3 N
2 Skyla
3 Juniper
1 Town Map
1 Colress
4 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon Catcher
1 Tool Scrapper
=49

Energy

10 Metal
1 Prism

= 60

All help is much appreciated. Thanks again!
:D:D:D

RE: KlinKlang/Spazz

Please include a deck strategy. Also, edit the name of your thread with the names of the Pokémon in your list. Thank you!

Isn't the point of a Durant deck to win by decking your opponent out? Why do you need the Cobalions? I might could understand one just to take your prized Durants, but if milling is the focus, taking prizes will be difficult (and the Durants could be the last prizes you would take). I'd just accept the possibility of prizing 3 Durant and focus on consistency.

-3 Cobalion EX
-1 Registeel EX
-1 Virbank (again, we don't really care about damage)

+2 Revive
+1 N
+1 Skyla
+1 Colress

In this format Durant is much weaker than last. Even with Klinklang, Decks like Garbodor eat this deck for breakfast. Decks like Blastoise can attack with their blastoise or techs. The reason Durant is in the Deck is to Weaken the opponents playing field and options, not to deck them out.

@Mora you need to have a backup plan in case there are some prized. If there are 2+ Durant prized then you will probably just Cobalion until it gets KO'ed, while setting up Ants

@Bulbasaur17 I would recommend taking out a Durant NVI for a Durant DRX. Durant DRX helps you set up early game getting that needed Supporter/Level Ball for the next turn.

bulbasuar17 said:
In this format Durant is much weaker than last. Even with Klinklang, Decks like Garbodor eats this deck for breakfast. Decks like Blastoise can attack with their blastoise or techs. The reason Durant is in the Deck is to Weaken the opponents playing field and options, not to deck them out.

And without Klinklang, those same decks plus every other deck would run right through it. Yet it was still pretty good without Klinklang a few formats ago. You don't need to do damage; your splitting the focus which leads to you milling your opponent and doing damage a lot less efficiently than if you had just chosen one or the other. Maybe something to take your prized Durants or rid the field of your opponent's Victini, but are you really going to stop a few turns before decking your opponent out and THEN try to take all of your prize cards? Your going to go into time and lose because you're down on prizes, even if everything goes your way.

SheNinja said:
@Mora you need to have a backup plan in case there are some prized. If there are 2+ Durant prized then you will probably just Cobalion until it gets KO'ed, while setting up Ants

I believe he actually intends to take all six prizes.

If you are going to attack I'd recommend a Town Map to see your prizes and get out needed Durants.

@SheNinja : Durant DRX Can only remove a card from the discard Pile, Correct? How will that help me get the needed Trainers? Please Explain, Im very confused lol.
@Mora: Yes I do intend to take all the prizes.

@ Bisharp: Thats great advice. Something I didn't think about. EDIT -1 Bianca + 1 Town Map

If you are going to get the prizes then why play Durant? It's just unneeded clutter. Anyways, Durant DRX pulls from the discard, so you get something you played T1 and then you draw in next turn, at the same time hopeing that you don't get N'd.
Edited for language.~KA

I'm playing Durant for the same reason stated in the Original Post. To weaken the opponents playing field, and removing resources. I've play tested this, took this exact list to states. and went 5-1 in Swiss, Made Cut, Lost vs. Garbodor + Big Basics due to a misplay for playing Plasma Klinklang over The Shift Gear one. I feel I did Pretty well with the Durants, In fact, it saved me in games 3 and 4 vs. Blastoise and vs. FluffyChomp.

Congratulations! but I honestly don't think that would have flown in Masters. Let's say you "weaken your opponent's playing field and remove resources" to the point where you pretty much have the win. Now, you could take prizes, which would be a lot of effort to take all six of your prizes before your opponent takes his remaining prizes, or you could finish what you started. Let's say you've had a good five turns of Devouring. That's 20 cards minus 47 cards, which is 27 cards. You're opponent has to set up to be able to take prizes. Maybe that's 15 cards. We're at 12 now, which is three more turns of Devour. Which is easier? Three turns of Devour, or 6-7+ turns of attacking. It seems like it would be a much easier win. Plus, your're giving your opponent extra time to make a come back. They could easily take the last two prizes with Benchtini on Cobalion, and maybe they couldn't have had they had less turns to do so (even less since they won't be taking two off of Cobalion), and less resources (because you're still discarding resources). Maybe you could have beaten the Garbodor if you had gone for decking out (although Garbodor can be a tough match up for Klinklang).

You may disagree with my suggestions, but I would still test them. In theory it seems the way to go, and you may find it works better than you expect. And if not you are none the lesser for trying.

personaly i would play DEX durant rather than sablyeye

Please use proper spelling and grammar. ~Nigel

That's the Beauty of this deck Mora. When Juniper is played a ton especially, I would totally Just finish what I started. What an easy way to finish the Game. Finished game 4 vs. Garbodor that way.

You seem to validate my reasoning. Just try it out with more Supporters; see how less often you find yourself in a dead hand. Maybe you could leave in something to take prizes if you prize multiple Durants.

Resources are very needed in this deck, and it will use many. Sableye is a good option to get 2 out at once, and works well with this deck.

Back