• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Landorus EX \ Lucario EX \ Machamp

mute2

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 14

• 3 Landorus EX
    2 Lucario EX
    3 Machop
    1 Machoke
    2 Machamp
    2 Hawlucha
    1 Landorus
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34

• 4 N
    4 Professor Juniper
    3 Korrina
    2 Colress
    2 Pokemon Center Lady
    2 Lysandre
    3 Ultra Ball
    2 Switch
    3 Muscle Band
    2 Rare Candy
    1 Maintenance
    1 Pal Pad
    1 Startling Megaphone
    1 Computer Search
    3 Fighting Stadium
Energy: 12

• 8 Fighting Energy
    4 Strong Energy

Strategy:
The strategy of the deck is to power up your EX attacks, use the 1 Baby Landorus for energy acceleration. The 2 Hawlucha's are there for hitting through resistance and just in general doing absurd amounts of damage with Machamp. Machamp is there as support as an optional attacker to hit pyroar and safeguards. Maintenance is there for after you Colress so that you can save a few cards that you may need later on. The Pokemon Center Ladies are there to keep you from getting KO'ed from Poison.

The rest of it should be pretty straight forward, doing a lot of damage with your EX's & occasionally using Lucario EX for Draw-Support as needed.

As you can see the list is pretty Packed, I'd like to fit in a MewTwo EX for Mirror Match-ups, but it just seems counter-productive in the long run. Unless I completely changed the list.

RE: Landorus EX\Lucario EX\Machamp

I've actually built and ran a similar deck. Following are some suggestions for your consideration:

• Given the "power" of Korrina, I found that I did not need to rely heavily upon my normal mix of card draw support, for example 2 Colress, 4 N, 4 Professor Juniper/Sycamore and 2 Shauna. In fact, I noticed that I encountered Supporter "clashes" (need to play Korrina and another Supporter during the same turn) more than a few times.
  • Further, since Korrina can also search for F Poké, my need for Ultra Balls decreased too, especially when I ran mostly F Poké.
Given the above comments, following are some suggested changes:

-2 Professor Juniper. IMO, running 4 PJs in this deck is excessive and "hurts" overall performance.
-2 Ultra Ball. All of your Poké are F; so, an investment of 3 is excessive, IMO (even though you may want to dump F energy for Landorus).
-1 Fighting Stadium. 2 are sufficient, IMO.

+3 Bicycle. For supplemental card draw AND can be searched/retrieved by Korrina.
+1 Korrina. IMO, these should be maxd out.

+1 Pokémon Fan Club. This is help you setup your bench.
- - - - or - - - -
+1 Skyla. To search for a Stadium or Supporter.

I also believe Dowsing Machine works more efficiently in this deck vs. Computer Search.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Huh, I was actually considering all those things you mentioned, my goal was to just get it consistent and have a solid starting ground to build off of. I'm just so used to computer searching, Dowsing feels odd but it wouldn't hurt to get the feel of playing dowsing back again. It's a great card.

Really the only problem I have with Pokemon Fan Club is it being most useful first turn for pulling out Basics, and Second Turn for EXs. With that in mind I'll probably go with a Skyla.

I always felt like item based draw Support was slightly Gimmicky, I could definitely see why your suggesting it though. Juniper could very well end up forcing you to toss away valuable cards you may need in a tight list.

It's really Ironic I used to run 2 juniper ages ago with bicycles and people were telling me that it was insufficient, I guess that completely punches a hole in Theory-moning.

I appreciate it thanks.

I personally really like playing 4 Professor Juniper, and I find the speed it adds usually outweighs the risk of having to discard important stuff you don't want to. If it's a concern for you, instead of playing less Juniper, consider perhaps playing more recovery cards like Sacred Ash, Dowsing Machine over Computer Search, and even thicker counts of cards you're afraid of losing access to.

That's true, I just feel that this deck really can't afford to discard that much, in general I like Professor Juniper. I would appreciate an example of this deck with 4 juniper though just to see how it would be run out of curiosity, since there is definitely a Supporter Clash with 4 Juniper topped off with non-draw based Support.

Hmm, I tested it, I kind of have to agree I feel it needs atleast 3 juniper, it's just not how I construct decks, it feels odd. I really don't get how the draw engine works with 3 bicycles I mean I could draw up to 4 cards but it makes it extremely slow. it seems like 2 would be alright.

Hi mute2,

Consider these modifications:

- 1 Machop (two seem to be sufficient for two Machamp)
- 1 Pokémon Center Lady (one should do)
- 1 Maintenance (doesn not seem to help much)

+ 1 Korrina (she is the heart and soul of fighting decks)
+ 1 Muscle Band (too good not to run four off)
+ 1 Startling Megaphone (garbodor is popular)

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

Dark Espeon said:
Hi mute2,

Consider these modifications:

- 1 Machop (two seem to be sufficient for two Machamp)
- 1 Pokémon Center Lady (one should do)
- 1 Maintenance (doesn not seem to help much)

+ 1 Korrina (she is the heart and soul of fighting decks)
+ 1 Muscle Band (too good not to run four off)
+ 1 Startling Megaphone (garbodor is popular)

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

I'll give that a shot, I used to run the deck similar to that. As odd is this may sound 3 Korrina seems to have always been the most consistent for me. Then again I was running a Garb\Fighting Deck before I built this one, so I'm probably just not used to running 4.

TuxedoBlack said:
I've actually built and ran a similar deck. Following are some suggestions for your consideration:

• Given the "power" of Korrina, I found that I did not need to rely heavily upon my normal mix of card draw support, for example 2 Colress, 4 N, 4 Professor Juniper/Sycamore and 2 Shauna. In fact, I noticed that I encountered Supporter "clashes" (need to play Korrina and another Supporter during the same turn) more than a few times.
  • Further, since Korrina can also search for F Poké, my need for Ultra Balls decreased too, especially when I ran mostly F Poké.
Given the above comments, following are some suggested changes:

-2 Professor Juniper. IMO, running 4 PJs in this deck is excessive and "hurts" overall performance.
-2 Ultra Ball. All of your Poké are F; so, an investment of 3 is excessive, IMO (even though you may want to dump F energy for Landorus).
-1 Fighting Stadium. 2 are sufficient, IMO.

+3 Bicycle. For supplemental card draw AND can be searched/retrieved by Korrina.
+1 Korrina. IMO, these should be maxd out.

+1 Pokémon Fan Club. This is help you setup your bench.
- - - - or - - - -
+1 Skyla. To search for a Stadium or Supporter.

I also believe Dowsing Machine works more efficiently in this deck vs. Computer Search.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

You know I actually tested this deck for about an hour and really looked over the revisions. I don't think there is technically a wrong way to run a deck just a trade off. I take back what I said about it, it actually runs really well, I'm just used to more standard lines. You were suggesting 1 ultra ball I assume so that Bicycles are more useful and a 2 of Juniper would be more consistent with it.

The only real problem I see with your revision Tuxedo is you often draw dead at the beginning of the game, I think 1 more Supporter such as bianca or Cheren would be useful just to for safe measure, and 1 more ultraball to toss away something probably just get rid of Maintenance although it is useful, I just don't see it being useful enough when I'm losing Setup speed. I'm thinking of adding 1 letter or energy switch as well.

Between the Colress, Korrina (which I can use to get a Bicycle, if need be), N and PJ, I have plenty outs to card drawing. Secondly, I value Korrina ALOT in this deck and prefer not to discard any by having too many Junipers which I may want to play T1.

Needless to say, consider play-testing different combinations of Supporters and Items till you find the right combination for you.

I played a similar deck:

2x Landorus Ex
2x Mewtwo Ex/ 2x Lucario Ex
3-1-3 Machamp
1x Hawlucha
1x Landorus
1x Sesmitoad Ex/1x Lucario Ex
4x DCE/0x
4x Strong Energy
6x Fighting Energy/8x
-----------------------------14/12
4x Prof. Sycamore
3x N
1x Colress
2x Bicycle
3x Ultra Ball
3x Rare Candy
3x Corrina/4x
3x Muscle Band/4x
2x Switch
2x Lysandre
2x Startling Megaphone
1x Prof. Letter
2x Fighting Stadium
1x Computer Search

So you can try these two versions.

I actually made another version which I will post up a bit later it runs a 3-2-3 line of Machamp and 2 Evosoda. It's works well for me, what I ended up doing is cutting down the EX count to a 2 Landorus EX, 2 Lucario EX, 1 Landorus, 1 Hawlucha EX, etc.

Back