• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Landorus EX/Mewtwo EX/Garbordor

James

Team Rocket Member for crazy ideas...!
Hey there,

I've recently build a Landorus EX deck, but I'm still getting quite used to it. I've mainly been playing ZekEels/RayEels/Eelbox and Darkrai/Hydreigon recently, and only some minor testing with a few other decks. However, I have absolutely zero experience with any Garbordor variant. After many mixing and mash ups, I still found this combo to work best, but still I'm not 100% comfortable with it. That's why I've come to you! Here's the list:

Landorus EX/Mewtwo EX/Garbordor

Pokémon: (13)

4 Landorus EX
3 Mewtwo EX
2 Garbordor
3 Trubbish NV (Garbage Collect)
1 Zekrom BW

T/S/S: (37)

4 Juniper
4 N
2 Bianca
1 Skyla
1 Hugh

3 Eviolite
2 Rocky Helmet
2 Exp Share

4 Catcher
4 Switch
4 Ultra Ball
2 Heavy Ball
2 Random Receiver
2 Super Rod

Energy: (10)

6 {F} Energy
4 {C}{C} Energy

Strategy:

Have a strong early game with Landorus EX and Maewtwo EX, and put lots of pressure on my opponent. Both can also still function mid to late game, should a match take long enough. Obviously Mewtwo EX is a better mid/late game attacker than Landorus EX when it comes to consistency. Garbordor to jam Abillities when needed (mainly Dynamotor and Dark Cloak), and Zekrom is a single card tech to help me with the Tornadus (EX) matchup (you should see it go with only a DCE and after taking a few hits! Obviously this statement is solely for the Tornadus matchup.), and possibly an answer to Sigiliph. I think the rest is pretty self-explaining.

My issues:

- I can't seem to fetch Garbordor as fast from my deck as I want to, as mostly it will end up too late on the field, or not at all. I mainly play it as a tech, as I mostly see it as discarding fodder against matchups in which I won't be using it at all. That's also mainly the reason I play a 3-2 line, as the deck is really tight on space as it is. Should I increase my copies of it, or play a wider based search engine?

- I currently don't own a Computer Search, and that's also the main reason it's not in my list as of yet, but I'm also wondering if it's really needed? Doesn't the 2 Discard hurt a bit much for a no recycling deck? And what should I take out (my own personal preference would be to drop one ultra ball) for it? Should I maybe try Gold Potion instead?

- Do I play enough Tools? I already play 7, which I think is enough, but I still seem to miss one at times where it is crucial I hit one. Should I increase the Tool line, or maybe up the Skyla count?

- Should I still run a 4-of line of Juniper in a deck that doesn't benefit from anything in the discard? Or are Bianca/Hugh/Cheren/Skyla better options for this kind of deck?

Well, that's all so far, thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for your advice!

Back