Layton, 11-25 Martini's Cities, and soon to be Season

MrGatr

Goin Rogue Baby :DDD
3-2 IDK about CP's it only happened today lol.

So, today I went to the Layton cities at 12:00. When I arrived, we were some of the first people there, and the head judge hadn't even showed up. So me and my friend Josh battle. He had a bad run yesterday at cities not winning a single game with his Keldeo EX/Terrakion EP deck. So he changed his deck to Kyogre EX/Dusknoir/Registeel EX. So, I'm playing my beloved Ho-Oh EX/Attackers.

I start with a lone Ho Oh EX, and he gets Kyogre EX. I'm thinking to myself how screwed I am when his turn comes. So I draw a card after winning the coin flip, and it's an N. Then, I played it, and got 4 different kinds of energy. I attached and passed. He passed after drawing nothing, and four turns later, he drew an energy. At this point I have a Ho Oh EX, with a benched Mewtwo EX, and a benched Sigilyph. He only had 2 energies, and 2 Kyorge EX's, and a super charged Mewtwo EX. So I do Rainbow burn for 120 to his Kyogre, and he later does smash turn. I repeat this along with him for 6 turns, then I only had 2 prizes left against his other Mewtwo EX, and a Kyogre EX. He smash turns to put me at 10 hp, hoping that this next turn he'd hit a DCE to KO me. He whiffs it and I rainbow burn him twice to take the win of 0-6.

So now for the actual tournament. As a brand new master, all the better players were laughing at me thinking I was gonna suck. There was 38 Masters, and this was a bad turnout. I was pretty unconfident, that I was gonna do any good.

So, we had 5 rounds of swiss before top 8.

Swiss Round 1
Me vs. Some guy (Forgot his name) Win

This guy was playing Zoroark/Skuntank/Liepard. He starts with a lone Zorua, and getrs a few others. I get out Terrakion, and just Land Crush him for the game.

1-0

Swiss Round 2
Me vs. Some other guy (Forget names too easily lol) Loss

He was playing Landorus EX/Terrakion/Mewtwo EX/Garbodor. I start lone Ho Oh EX, and he KO's it turn 3 with a few pluspowers. He then proceeds to KO my Tornadus's and then I scoop. I only drew a single Cheren the whole game :|

Swiss Round 3
Me Vs. Igor Loss

Igor played Hammertime, and I decked because he N'd my hand of 1 into my deck and made me draw 3 for a deck out.

Swiss Round 4
Me vs Simba Win

Simba was playing a deck that I thought was pretty nice, it was Vileplume/Rayquaza/Shaymin EX/Darkrai EX. He predicted the meta wrong, and never saw my Ho Oh comin. I won the game with Ho Oh EX, a DCE, and a psychic energy by KO'ing his Shaymin EX's thanks to Vileplume.

Swiss Round 5
Me vs. Josh Win

This game was a repeat of the other one.

So I went 3-2 and took 12th place because of a randomize, that kicked me out of top 8. We had a crappy judge who warned me for asking Josh if he won or not, and almost made a kid have game loss for taking 2 minutes on a single turn, which wasn't that long, as he was playing cards quiet often.

Coming Soon:
More cities.

Back