lbs (again) , pidgey or squirtle?

(TYranitarFReak)

need politoed ex! juz 1 more~~
in a match i played with my friend's LBS,im playing dragtrode

firstly he have only jirachi but soon, he mentored and searcher for the 3 important basics ( pidgey, squir, onix), so i follow the word saying ' see a squirtle, kill a squirlte ' , as i draged the squirtle, he candied pidgeot ! quick seaches another squirtle, first squirtle evolved into wartotle,

then i aim for another squirtle, drag it out, then next turn he searched a candy, have a blasty on hand, candied the active squirtle....i losed after a while

i've come to a conclusion after this match : pidgey/pidgeot's more important than a sqirtle, how do u think?

EX: FRLG Pidgeot was one of the most broken cards ever made. Combine it with 1 or 2 evolution lines, and you would virtually have a deck. Once your opponent's Pidgeot hit the field, it would be a race against time to beat the opponent and make every turn count until they became too powerful. They could also use Pidgeot to counter actions that you make; for example, if you play a Cursed Stone, they can just QS for a countergym. It is ridiculously cheap.

I am glad that it is rotated out of the format now. I think it would have been better if they had required a coin flip for Quick Search, at the very least, to make it more balanced, or require that you discard something from your hand in order to use it.

Still... I think LBS will be hard to rebuild again in a different form now that Pidgeot is gone from the format. Without it, people will have a hard time getting Holon's Pokémon to pay for Mudslide and Elemental Blast. I hope it doesn't get revived. LBS is already a re-incarnation of an older deck: RAMBO. The Blaziken-ex is the Steelix-ex, the Blaziken and the Aqua's Manectric is the Blastoise-ex, and the Rayquaza-ex is the Lugia-ex.

The other thing that the basic Pidgey had going for it is corner. If it corners something that can't attack, and the opponent doesn't have a way to switch it out, it may end up being an auto-win.

In Worlds most dragtrode list played 2 Lunatone, 1 Solrock. After setting up 1 sneasel and trode and/or dragonite, mentor for lunatone/solrock,blocking pidegeot for almost the whole match. You lose some of sneasels 2nd attack (dark ring?) power but it is a good compromise. However good LBS list/players often play 1 giant stump causing you to lose 1 lunatone. But hey since you have 2, just mentor for another one. They rarely have more than 1 stump. So pidgeot becomes a non-issue and you can concentrate on the squirtles.

Moot point though, both decks have been rotated. Rest in peace.

RE:  lbs (again) , pidgey or squirtle?

DarkLugia said:
Moot point though, both decks have been rotated. Rest in pieces.
now we've fixed da post :D

basically Poke... i mean DarkLugia said it all.

But LBS can function without Pidgeot, though almost never wins if they can't get a Blastoise EX. But if they can't get a card they need with Pidgeot then can lose that way too. So it all really depends on the situation, though I think that the blasty is more important just because it is the BIGGEST card in the energy situation in the deck. though pidgeot can sometimes be just as important. but overall blasty is da best since it's really the only way that you attack every turn and win, since you don't NEED pidgeot, though you definately want it.

Arcanine out.

Easily you would seek the pidgey. Without pidgeot, lbs has no consistancy and can not function right. They have a terrible draw system, so without the bird for constant cards, they usually can't even attack with their attacks every turn.

Papi/Manny said:
Easily you would seek the pidgey. Without pidgeot, lbs has no consistancy and can not function right. They have a terrible draw system, so without the bird for constant cards, they usually can't even attack with their attacks every turn.

finally, some1 got the point

Lol, that's me. I choosed to quick search for another squirtle but not candy cause I knew he would drag off me. Wartortle on active and the new squirtle on bench. If he KO the squirtle I can evolve into blasty ex and he choosed to KO my wartortle. Then I candy the squirtle and steelix ex did 100 damage to Rocket's Sneasel ex with all energies attached to it. Left solrock, I think so.

LBS is nothing now. There're cards that can counter that deck now.
Battle Frontier
Lunatone/Solrock
Crystal Beach
Seal Crystal
All the cards that came out now...

RE:  lbs (again) , pidgey or squirtle?

Silver_Cyh said:
LBS is nothing now. There're cards that can counter that deck now.
Battle Frontier
Lunatone/Solrock
Crystal Beach
Seal Crystal
All the cards that came out now...

You forgot cursed stone.;)

Back