Ledyba, Ledian from Stellar Miracle!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Ledyba and Ledian have just been revealed from Stellar Miracle, which releases in Japan on July 19th. We expect its cards to become part of our Stellar Crown on September 13th.
Ledyba – Grass – HP60
Basic Pokémon
[C][C] Headbutt Bounce: 30 damage.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Ledian – Grass – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Ledyba
Ability: Sparkling Star Pattern
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
First Ledian in a long time and they finally made it not terrible, probably won't see much play. Had they made it 120-130 HP remaining it may have had a decent niche in dragging up Pokémon like Greninja and Bibarel. Ledian may also be fighting for the spots in decks that Rabsca maybe taking in the future.

However, Ledian may have a niche role in certain decks barring they have the room for Ledian: Dragapult ex to get rid of Rabsca (once it starts picking up in play) and weakened Pokémon; Lost Box being the best spread deck at the moment, if it has the room for 2-4 deck spots (not likely); Torterra ex builds that have the room and since Torterra ex 2HKOs most Pokemon it could be good to fish out certain targets.

I do want a couple alt arts though, the artwork is fantastic.

What an absolute beauty of an AR, Ledian really is one of the best Johto Pokémon I’m ecstatic. Watching the video I thought it was gonna let you search for a 90 or less hp Pokémon every turn, sorta like a level ball successor but eh it’s alright

With Area Zero Underdepths, a lot of these put into play/when evolved effects will get a lot better, especially with all the Pokemon that scale with your number of benched pokemon. The last 3 bench slots need to be expendable because of the stadium being easily removed, so might as well use a card which gives a lot of immediate benefit. This might see more play than people might expect, though not a meta staple like how I think Noctowl will be. The effect, though powerful, is quite specific

Anything that lets you do a Boss' orders without having to use your supporter for the turn is gonna see some experimentation XD

Fun card, good art. People will certainly mess around with it.

If I ruled the world, almost every fully evolved Pokemon would have some sort of niche like this, instead of most of them being useless filler no one would even consider playing.

IF level ball makes a comeback this would be "considerable"...
anyway... dude, it's a niche card. just make it hit for 90 to get the prize. ITS A 1 TIME THING. ITS A LEDIAN, LET IT SHINE FOR ONCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. this card with another name like CHARIZARD or greninja wouldve been "this pokemon can be evolved from a charmander directly. switch in and if you KO the pokemon you get a second prize. for 1 collorless you hit for 100"

Seems playable. Area Zero Underdepths, Teal Mask Ogerpon ex, and Bug-Catching Set could form the basis of a simple and versatile grass-box core that a card like Ledian would slot into nicely.

this card with another name like CHARIZARD or greninja wouldve been "this pokemon can be evolved from a charmander directly. switch in and if you KO the pokemon you get a second prize. for 1 collorless you hit for 100"
I know you're exaggerating for effect, but this isn't even close to being true. Most single-prize Greninja and Charizard cards are nowhere near that good and competitively unplayable.

The Ledian fan in me wants to cheer, but I'm sad that this card is so bad. It's par for the course for Ledian cards, though... if only its attack did 10 more damage...

Back