Leiden Region Fakedex

RE: TDL's Fakemon

Speaking of which, DNA made entries for the final Pokemon; I'll add them later. They are indeed legendary Pokemon. One represents negativity, one represents positivity, and the purple one represents neutrality.

Major update with fifteen new Fakemon. ^_^

Just finished one, really proud of the results.

28kkg1k.png

... once DNA makes the pokedex entries, this should make more sense why it has armor and swords. :p

Updated with DNA's pokedex entries + two new mons (#24 and #30).

It would be GREAT to get some form of feedback. Idc if you say they all look bad, just say /something/. >_>

A flying fish and an animated corpse, correct?

No, it doesn't fly. I sent you the details just now via PM.

Kudos, I haven't heard someone call a zombie an animated corpse in some time. :D

:D A MOD Spriter? *Yesssssss*
Just an FYI: I dont really reccomend that you use splices for fakemon, they just dont work.
I can lend my services until I get requests.

#24 kind of looks like basculin. Is it a pre-evo perhaps?

Jay said:
#24 kind of looks like basculin. Is it a pre-evo perhaps?

Ouch, I just realized that. No, it is not. I should probably change the colors a little to change that.

I think it looks cool as a Pre-Evo, but ok.

Overall awesome :D

Alright, suggestion time.

34qnqtu.png

Also, I need ideas for what to base the Rattata/Sentret/Zigzagoon and Pikachu clones off of. I'm stuck, haha.

use black
right
green
flames coming out of chickens is realistic, sure

Pikachu clone should be a computer mouse of sorts, and Rattata thing should be a sheep or something.

And also going back to what jc mentioned, the dark/fire pokemon looks like zorua, and his evolution looks like some houndoom/rapidash splice.

4g12rc.png

... this actually looks better.

Computerized mouse, eh? That actually sounds awesome.

TDL said:
4g12rc.png

... this actually looks better.

Computerized mouse, eh? That actually sounds awesome.
The shading is okay. Body shape is kind of balloon-y.
What program are you using?
Also, Why not use both colors of fire? Red = Normal. Green = Shiny.

The Fire Wyrm said:
What program are you using?

I used Photoshop when I had my old computer, but now I'm stuck with MS Paint. It gets me along. Often times all I need are the pencil are color picker. I've tested other free programs, but trying to get a hold of their mechanics is frustrating. Not like a complex paint program is needed imo; pixels are still pixels.

Balloon shape I guess you could say I intended. It is a snakehead after all, lol. I did try other shapes (a little indent above the mouth for shape), but this seemed to be for the best. :3

I'm debating green vs red. Green just gives off the Grass-type more imo, so I'm going to stick with that for the time being. I will save one for shiny, however.

Thanks for the input. :3

Updated the OP with the two most recent Fakemon's entries, plus a few small changes to sprites here and there. I plan on going through and doing major overhauls to a lot of these tomorrow. The more I look at some, the less I like them. Some small pattern/body/additions will do wonders.

TDL said:
I used Photoshop when I had my old computer, but now I'm stuck with MS Paint. It gets me along. Often times all I need are the pencil are color picker. I've tested other free programs, but trying to get a hold of their mechanics is frustrating. Not like a complex paint program is needed imo; pixels are still pixels.

Try Paint.NET, its very basic, and it allows transparency. I've never used MS Paint, so I don't know about color selection in there, but this I can guarantee will make shading a lot easier job simply because of the value slider.

Oh god, no. I only use Paint.NET to remove the white from images. Other than that, it's almost impossible for me to piece together the Fakemon since the selected (even white or transparency) always overlaps EVERYTHING. I can easily make my colors in MS Paint anyways.

Like I said though, pixels are pixels. I have no plans to use something I'm not comfortable with just for a few nifty features. =3

TDL said:
I'm stuck with MS Paint.
That is what most spriters use. Even some pros prefer it over PS, me being an example. You need any help with these? I'll be glad to help.

The Fire Wyrm said:
That is what most spriters use. Even some pros prefer it over PS, me being an example. You need any help with these? I'll be glad to help.

Ah, good. I don't really ask other spriters what they use, so I was unsure on if MS Paint was the best choice. Nice to know I was right. :)

Thanks, but I'm trying to learn on my own. I've learned from past experiences that learning on my own can sometimes be beneficial. However, I do love getting criticism, as this lets me know what others think I should do. I'm still in that "okay, I've got the basics" stage, so I think with more practice I should be better. Thanks though, I do appreciate a helping hand.

TDL said:
Just finished one, really proud of the results.

28kkg1k.png

... once DNA makes the pokedex entries, this should make more sense why it has armor and swords. :p

PILLOWSHADING!!!

...sorry. Anyway, the lineart looks alright on this one, but the problem is that the yellow segments are pillowshaded; ie, you're assuming the light is coming from directly in front of it, which makes the sprite look kinda weird. Light almost always comes from the top left in a sprite.

Back