Leopardas - Is it any good?

Is this card any good?

• Total voters

Rock Wrecker

I want to be a Pokemon master :-)
Well I was looking through the B/W scans and I was wondering if this would be any good.

Leopardas – Darkness – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Choroneko
[C] Taunt: Choose 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon and switch it with his or her Active Pokemon.
[C][C] Night Slash: 30 damage. If this Pokemon has any Darkness Energy attached to it, this attack does an additional 30 damage.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 1

For a single energy Leopardas can bring up any of your opponents pokemon. It's an ok effect, but with the new set comes pokemon catcher and this attack compared to a trainer isn't that great. Still you can bring something up like regice which won't be very likely to retreat. What I really like about this pokemon is it's Night Slash attack. With 2 SP. {D} this attack does 80 damage and with and expert belt it does 100 for 2.

I thought this looked like a pretty good card and I was wondering what your opinions are so post away.

This card doesn't look bad. Just what cards might this go with. Mightyena maybe?

Depends what the format looks like. When BW gets released, NO WAY. 90 damage (belt + sp dark) for two energy (hard attach... no DCE) is not very good. That might shift when the rotation comes. It will be good, consistent damage. Until then, however, just pass.

I could see this getting played with Umbreon UD, as Zero said though, it is slow, maybe next format? It also has Extremely low HP, that is my main problem with it.

I don't see the point of the card honestly. Why waste an attack to bring up a guy, if GOW is being reprinted in the set that does the same thing but is a trainer?

^Because you can be Trainer-locked.
Its 2nd attack really isn't great right now. That weakness to fighting hurts, too.

^ i agree. the first attack is just like catcher and that would really waste your turn whereas the second attack is nice but the weakness is meh.

I prefer Absol prime. It does the same effect but only that you have to LZ one of your pokemon. But, it is a basic, it has a disruptive poke power, and it does 70. Don t use it when LW is going to be out.

^exactly. Plus it has a nifty body, and can use chop up for the same number of energy cards. Or blaziken FB is pretty similar.

Well its first attack is pointless unless if your under trainer lock or you dont have pokemon catcher in your hand. But its second attack is amazing it can do a quick seventy damage.

Back