LGX: 2 or 1?

deogenerate

レッツwwwケ­゙ッw­­­­­w(乂՞ټ՞)✧スクラッチンwww
All right, so appantly this came up at me last leagues, but is it necessary to run 2 Luxray GL Lv.X's whenever you use it? I only have one, and me (having no money and no extra good cards) will not be able to get a second in the near future, especially by Regionals April 17th. Some people run only 1 and have good decks, but get overly critized and ruled "not-competetive" by other players. Either that's just Wisconsin's competitiveness or you really need 2. What do you think?

It is of course unnecessary to run 2. Depending on your deck of course. If you're running an sp deck your better options are 2-1 or 3-1. It sucsk to draw into it early game when you don't need it.

^ Yh in Luxchomp, I prefer a 3-1, since garchomp is my main attacker in the deck rather than luxray. It is only effective early game imo thus me only needing one.

its all about preference. 3-1 if you want to start luxray. 2-2 if you dont. or 2-1 if you cant get a second.

You NEED 2. The whole idea with Luxray GL Lv.X is to be able to use a double "Bright Look" even with Spiritomb in play. If you can't do that, it gives your opponent an extra turn, and an extra turn in Luxchomp is the difference between victory and defeat.

In stuff where it isn't a main attacker, I could see you using a 1-1 line of it, but in Luxchomp and other stuff that uses it as an attacker, there is no way I would even consider using less than two.

PokeChamp said:
You NEED 2. The whole idea with Luxray GL Lv.X is to be able to use a double "Bright Look" even with Spiritomb in play. If you can't do that, it gives your opponent an extra turn, and an extra turn in Luxchomp is the difference between victory and defeat.

In stuff where it isn't a main attacker, I could see you using a 1-1 line of it, but in Luxchomp and other stuff that uses it as an attacker, there is no way I would even consider using less than two.

He's talking about the Level X...
I doubt you'll ever need 2 in any deck

I find two needed in just three decks
SP Toolbox
Blazeray/LuxApe
LuxChomp

However in Blazeray,LuxApe, and Luxchomp you can live w/ only one and i prefer one, IDK why but I do.

Believe me, the second Luxray GL Lv.X is CLUTCH. A 2nd Bright Look can be the difference in a game, but if you absolutely have to, settle for 2-1 if it's not the main main attacker in your deck.

dmaster out.

Needed? No, Helpful? Yes, Game Saving/Winning? about 50/50,
The fact is you don't need 2 but it can always be helpful, sure spiritomb lock can hinder you and you might have to play against your prizes occasionally, but you can play around you opponents lock and azelf helps the prize problem, it doesn't matter if other people think your competitive or not just go out there have fun and if possible WHOOP DEM HARD!! if you can :p at least they'll know you are competitive after that

It all depends on your play style. In luxchomp, I would use 3-1. Idk why, but I would.
Keep in mind I haven't tested a luxchomp yet though lol, so I'm not sure which would
be more effective, but in my first draft of a decklist, I would use a 3-1.

T w o

I was 4-2 in my State's tournament and went up against a deck that ran 2-2. It gave my opponent the game.

I think that 2-1 is good in most decks, but I'm starting to be a believer in the power of 2-2.

See, I used to believe in 2-2, but after drawing into a dead lvl x early game hurts a little. Same reason I don't use premier ball, palmers, etc anymore.

I run 2-2 luxray in my blazeray. The second luxray saved me the game that got me into top cut at states. I feel that 2-2 luxray will give you the best results.

i play 2-2 just to look rich

the only time it's really necessary is in luxchomp in a cursegar heavy environment

I always use 2-2 in my luxchomp however at states I get the second in time to [play it and it would have made a huge difference in the match-ups and I could have won a couple extra games against the PLOX and Gyarados that played to drag up their charged Gardy's and KO them.

Most people like a 2-2 but I prefer 3-1. Then I don't have to completely rely on Lux in my LuxGaga deck. Couldn't say it was bad since it got me a 4-2 in KY S/P/T. And I had to play 2 Champ decks.

To me it's preference and really is what your metagame is.
I find 3-1 better. 1. I'd rather start with luxray over garchomp.
2. The second X is game changing
My meta has a lot of LuxChomp and Gyrados. Not many CurseGar or Plox out there.
So Spiritomb isn't a huge threat at the moment, but it could change. (Plus was hard for me to find even the one X I'm borrowing now)
For Spiritomb, maybe 1-2 warp or cyclone energy could hinder that threat.
If saved for the right time, even one warp can change the game.

Back