Writing Luckyfire's Short Stories

Luckyfire

Aspiring Trainer
Until I can transfer data from my old computer to the new one, I guess I could post short stories here to keep me busy for the time being. As of now, my most recent story is googles: Red Blade of Insanity. It is PG-12, although I advise you to watch out for some violence. Enjoy!~

Red Blade of Insanity
Dark-G's POV

"Hey, golden Vulpix, come on here! If you back down, you'll be dead meat before you know it!" Noroi snapped. "Come, coward!"

I rolled my eyes at this. I thought he'd have been a lot harsher than this. But then again, Giratinas were Legendary Pokemon, and Legendaries weren't bad-tempered, as I'd read in a lot of books. They normally looked down at you and could destroy you with one fell swoop.

Of course, my brother would always dream about me being destroyed by Noroi the mythical Giratina. And since we were twins, we usually had telepathic dreams that we played in.

I sighed deeply and stared at the Giratina. "I already know this is a nightmare manipulated by my brother, so whoever's out there shouldn't bother me and my brother."

Noroi huffed out a breath. "This dream was not created by Crocon. It was created.... by I."

I blinked. "Wait..."

"Fight me, or do a quest." Noroi closed his red eyes. "It is your choice, golden Vulpix."

"Quest," I said immediately.

The Giratina evaporated into black fog, and settled next to me. He held my gaze with those fierce, red eyes. "My dear little Typlo, are you quite sure you would rather live?"

"Yes."

"You should reconsider. If you complete the quest, you will face hardship and loss."

I chuckled. "Pffft, nothing I can't handle."

Noroi backed away hesitantly, and for a moment I thought I saw sadness in his eyes, like a sad kid who had been at a relative's death. Then Noroi began fading away into the black fog.

I woke up in a different place.

---​

Everything blurred as I opened my eyes. They hurt as though as somebody had put salt in them. A dark figure hovered over my face, its eyes surveying me for any signs of hostility; fear and unease were visible in its face. At first, it looked like a vulpine Umbreon, but then my eyesight grew clear. Its obsidian fur shone like gold.

Just my luck. It was a... black Vulpix? Where was I? In a cave-ish, creepy setting?

The Vulpix took one step backwards. I turned my muzzle towards it. My half-open eyes still hurt slightly, so my sight wasn't as good as it usually was. I tried to move, but I was tied up.

It growled softly. "You, of all Pokemon, should not be here. What the hell are you doing here?"

I groaned, and uneasily lifted my head. "Ugh... a quest? I was sent by Noroi to... do something?"

"You're obviously too young to read minds, aren't you? You don't seem to be wearing anything- what?!" the Vulpix exclaimed as it stared at my neck. Suddenly, I felt something lying on my neck. It was cold, like a stone. I tried to sit up, but I fell down again. So had the Vulpix, which I noticed that was feminine. Great.

"Oh, Arceus. This isn't-" The black Vulpix got up.

"Why don't you help me get these ropes off instead of gawking at me?" I interrupted.

She scowled, but came over to untie the ropes. But first, she grabbed the stone necklace and held it up to her face. She let go, and finishes undoing the rest of the ropes. I got up, and reached for the stone on my neck. I noticed it's connected to a string that goes around my neck. I see the stone, and it's a Lunatone-shaped...thing. Suddenly, I noticed that the other Vulpix had the same thing around her neck. Now I understood why she'd looked so surprised.

I laughed. "Who are you, and what have you done with my twin brother?"

Instead of laughing along, she shook her head rapidly. "N-no, you're one of the twins from Destiny Sword? Who the hell are you, and why- why are you golden?" she sputtered.

I bowed to her. "I am Typlo, and I was born this way, a shining Pokemon. Now, tell me, who are you, and why are you completely coal-black?"

The Vulpix flinched slightly. "I- my name is Chiko," she says, "and I..." Chiko hesitated.

"Well? Spit it out, Chiko."

"I just, um, like being black. Being red... it reveals me in the dark too much, y'know? Y-yeah," Chiko answered nervously. I notice her ears are trying to not twitch.

"Then you're too much of a coward to even-" I began to laugh, but she hissed at me. I stopped.

"Oh, Arceus," Chiko said, looking at the sunlight. "I've got to get inside. You come with me."

Back