Lugia from Call of Legends (SL#7) [4/13]

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
cotdcopy.png

sl7-lugia.jpg

Guiding questions:
1. Analyze the stats of the card (HP, Weakness, Resistance, Retreat cost).
2. Analyze the attacks (and/or Poke-Powers, Poke-Bodies) of the card.
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
4. What techs can you use to combat the weak points?
5. How's the artwork?
6. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).

Posts MUST be more than one sentence long with proper grammar and spelling or they will be deleted.

1. Weakness is horrible, HP is good for a basic, resistance is good, and retreat cost is crappy.
2. Way too costly for so little damage.
3. Feraligatr Prime, but not really anything.
4. Not realy anything, it plain just stinks.
5. I love the background of the wave but not the Lugia. 3/5
I'd say 2/5. It is a great collector's item but not woth using in any deck.

HP is pretty decent and I kind of like the resistance, but the weakness and retreat cost are the kiss of death for this card.

I don't see anything objectable about them except for the high energy cost. Frankly, it's not worth it. What more is there to say?

Any water deck that uses a lot of energy, but I don't think it would be worth it.

Um, I really don't know, to be honest. I can't think of anything that would be worth playing with this in that fashion.

5. How's the artwork?

Personally, I think it's pretty awesome. Not the absolute best Lugia, but I like it. 4/5

6. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).

2/5, it's decent, but unusable in most decks. Keep it in your collector's book (or wherever you keep your cards).

100 HP = good. Lightning weakness = bad. Fighting resistance = good. 3 retreat cost = bad.
First you've got Linear Attack, which snipes for 30, and there is Hydro Splash for a flat 80. Those are both great attacks. The only problem is they cost too much to use. At the very least, the cost should be reduced by {C}. Then it'd be fine.
DCE and Gater Prime. That's really all you can do to accelerate it.
Bubble Coat. No, seriously, Bubble Coat.
5. How's the artwork?
Pretty good, actually. Non-shiny artwork is great too.
2/5. For the reason why, see question 2.

Weakness is obvious. Resistance is good, but retreat cost is a lot, epecially since other Lugia(such as secret wonders) are only 2 retreat cost.
Horrible. Yanmega Prime has a Linear attack, which costs 2 energy, and can be cut down to zero energy with insight. 5 energies for 80 damage? thats a joke.
probably on Feraligatr Prime, nothing else though.
Bubble coat:p
5. How's the artwork?
I like this one better than the non-shiny. 4.5/5
2.5/5 ok, but 5 energies for 80 damage makes me ROFL:p seriously though, it needs more combos to work with rather than JUST Feraligatr Prime.....

Back