Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like cats!

Votes: 26 45.6%

• Total voters

dooman58

Mudkips Win
Why do people not use this in their deck? Instead, they use communication which makes you lose that crucial uxie or evo. Was it banned or something?

Luxury ball is very play actually, almost everyone runs 1 in their deck, the main reason you might not be seeing them is because people forget about them :p Since there is only one you don't see them in your deck and you can forget about them easier then say Bebe's, or something your running four of. That's my experience anyways.

There is no reason why every deck shouldn't have at least one luxury ball. A free pokemon is a free pokemon!

*Waits for trolls to come up with some stupid response to say I'm wrong* :p

Luxury Ball is a great card to have in every deck. You get a free pokemon, so each deck should definitely have one.

Luxury Ball is the probably one of the only card that should be in every deck. (Energy doesn't count)
I voted I like cats because there was no Both option.:p

Afro-G said:
Luxury Ball is the probably one of the only card that should be in every deck. (Energy doesn't count)
I voted I like cats because there was no Both option.:p

same here :p

The reason Pokemon Communication might see some play over Luxury Ball is because it can get that Lv.X that you need that Luxury Ball couldn't. It is also sometimes good for dumping unusable Pokemon out of your hand to get a larger Uxie Set Up draw. Another reason to not run Luxury Ball is because of the space in a deck. Sometimes it's just more consistant to go with 2 Pokemon Communication and 0 Luxury Ball if space is the issue. In my LuxChomp deck I made it a priority to have more than 2 ways to search out ERL because of the speed I'd want to get it out in certain situations. I am currently running 1 Luxury Ball, 2 Pokemon Communication, and 1 Bebe's Search.

Communication helps alot with keeping Hand sizes the same for Shiftry RR, Bronzong SF (whose power helps), Noctowl HGSS (whos power helps) and Yanmega Prime CaTS. you can do this easily. It also helps set up bigger claydol/uxie/Palmers draws. I REALLY like luxuray ball i always run JUST one but its just a one trick pony is the problem

It might just seem like communication is played more because you can run 4 communications if you really want to, but you can really only run one luxury ball.

Hey i just had an idea you could use marleys request and you chould choose from luxury ball and pokemon comunication....with marley request is a underated card.

LORDY JONES said:
everyone runs one luxury ball in every deck, I don't know what you're talking about...
We have a winner!

Seriously I don't know anyone who doesn't use this card in their deck.

Srsly...

dooman58 said:
No, I mean people only run1 of them, but run 4 communication.
If you had read Luxury Ball, yo would know that you can't use Luxury Ball if there is another one is the discard pile, meaning you can pretty much only use one.

Lunar Wing said:
The reason Pokemon Communication might see some play over Luxury Ball is because it can get that Lv.X that you need that Luxury Ball couldn't. It is also sometimes good for dumping unusable Pokemon out of your hand to get a larger Uxie Set Up draw. Another reason to not run Luxury Ball is because of the space in a deck. Sometimes it's just more consistant to go with 2 Pokemon Communication and 0 Luxury Ball if space is the issue. In my LuxChomp deck I made it a priority to have more than 2 ways to search out ERL because of the speed I'd want to get it out in certain situations. I am currently running 1 Luxury Ball, 2 Pokemon Communication, and 1 Bebe's Search.

OMG i have that same t/s/s line :p
Anyhow the downside to Lux Ball is no Level X searching, which in most SP decks is critical, that's way communication is used so it can get X's and helps w/ Uxie Set up(s) etc.
Although for the most part i run lux ball in my lists,because it helps early game when i need an azelf. Although i have found it can be benefit to run a Premier ball(or a second one)/xtra SP Radar over a lux ball in some cases, one due to searchability and the other due to being a level x recovery card and decks searcher at the same time.

Flare said:
If you had read Luxury Ball, yo would know that you can't use Luxury Ball if there is another one is the discard pile, meaning you can pretty much only use one.
Exactly. It is best to just have one, it is a dead draw if you draw it and you have one in your discard pile.

The main reason you don't hear about luxury ball as much is because you can only have one in your deck compared to having multiple communications. You also can't search for an x.

Back