• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Aggron-EX / Bronzong / Zoroark

RuskeD

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for joining in and help me with some thoughts on my Deck.
Well let´s get started. The main strategy is to power up Aggron ex as fast as possible so that i can use mega Aggron full potential ( and pray to get so many heads) . Meanwhile, Zoroark/Aegislash ex were chosen to be the early threat while i am build mega Aggron.

Bronzong uses its ability and get back some metal energies from my discard pile to attach to my benched Pokemon (pretty straightforward).

Mr. mime protecting my benched Pokemon against my greatest nightmare called Trevenant and drawbacks from Mega Aggron attacks.

Building mega aggron is not that easy so i must have something to slow down my opponent, this is what crushing hammer/enhanced hammer/delinquent will do.
Everything else is just the standard cards for any deck (i guess).

Thanks once again and feel free to make any comment/suggestion/criticism. Every help will be gladly appreciated.

Pokemon (16)
  • 3 Aggron-EX (Primal Clash)
  • 3 M Aggron-EX (Primal Clash)
  • 2 Bronzor (XY Phantom Forces)
  • 2 Bronzong (XY Phantom Forces)
  • 2 Zorua (XY Breakthrough)
  • 2 Zoroark (XY Breakthrough)
  • 1 Aegislash-EX (XY Phantom Forces)
  • 1 Mr.Mime w/ Bench Barrier (XY Breakthrough)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (29)
  • 1 Battle Compressor
  • 1 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 3 Crushing Hammer
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 2 Trainers' Mail
  • 1 Delinquent
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 2 Pokemon Center Lady
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Steel Shelter
  • 2 Aggron Spirit Link
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
Energy (15)
  • 3 Double Colorless Energy
  • 12 Metal Energy
Thanks.

this deck looks pretty solid, except maybe lower the energy count and add some mega turbos.i would look at some of the Primal Groudon decks if i were you. they work similarly.
Good Job!

You need a way to get your Pokemon out. Level balls or ultraballs maybe even heavy balls but currently you don't have a good way to get Pokemon out. Plus if you're going to run that many EX's, Hoopa is a necessity in this deck

You need a way to get your Pokemon out. Level balls or ultraballs maybe even heavy balls but currently you don't have a good way to get Pokemon out. Plus if you're going to run that many EX's, Hoopa is a necessity in this deck

Hoopa wouldn't really fit in to this deck because he's not running a lot of EX Pokémon and is running more non EX Pokémon. In my opinion Bridgette would be a better option as he needs to set up Bronzong almost turn one to start his energy acceleration.

Here are some cards you should think about swapping out.

- 1 Pokémon Center Lady
- 3 Crushing Hammer
- 2 Enhanced Hammer

Add these in instead:

+ 4 Ultra Ball
+ 1 Bridgette
+ 1 VS Seeker

This way, you have more ways to search out your Pokémon more easily!

Hope this helps!

One big thing that you mentioned is you are using Bench Barrier Mr. Mime to Prevent Trevenant BREAK damage. This does NOT work. The break PUTs damage counters on pokemon, and does not deal damage, bypassing Mr. Mime's ability.

Edit: It also does not prevent bat damage.

You need to add mountain ring as the stadium so aggron won't hit your bench also it helps against trevent break
180px-MountainRingFuriousFists97.jpg
1065650.jpg
as you can see aggron won't hit your own bench if u play mountain ring

One big thing that you mentioned is you are using Bench Barrier Mr. Mime to Prevent Trevenant BREAK damage. This does NOT work. The break PUTs damage counters on pokemon, and does not deal damage, bypassing Mr. Mime's ability.

Edit: It also does not prevent bat damage.
You need to add mountain ring as the stadium so aggron won't hit your bench also it helps against trevent breakas you can see aggron won't hit your own bench if u play mountain ring

That's what the Mr. Mime is probably for as it prevents damage to the bench so he can opt to choose a different Stadium.

Actually, Mr. Mime doesn't stop Trev BREAK as that places damage counters on Pokémon. That's vastly different from dealing damage.

Hello guys, sorry for the "afk".
I appreciate every comment posted here and i wanna share some recent changes happened since my last appearance here

So, sometimes I found myself stucked with 2 or even 3 mega aggron in my hand ( sycamore always there as well) so that i made up my mind and removed 1 one just to reduce this load of bulky Pokemon in my deck list ( i may revert this change in the near future, maybe).

Another point is that added another bronzong line and removed some trainer cards that were not being useful at all.

What i really wanted is to speed up my strategy so that mega aggron must be ready as soon as possible.

Mr.mime has been pretty useless and of no help (lees than 5% of my matches i could say that was good to have it), but i didn´t remove it because i have nothing to replace YET.
I was thinking in including another strong attacker like Dialga-EX or Heatran but i don´t have any of these...So let´s have some patience for now.

Summary : i can´t beat an average night march/yveltal/ houndoom-ex decks....Because i lack speed.

Likely Changes
:
  • Mr. Mime >--> "some attacker"
  • include mega turbo
  • mountain ring (maybe not)
  • Bridgette.

Pokemon (17)

• 3 Aggron-EX (Primal Clash)
  • 2 M Aggron-EX (Primal Clash)
  • 3 Bronzor (XY Phantom Forces)
  • 3 Bronzong (XY Phantom Forces)
  • 2 Zorua (XY Breakthrough)
  • 2 Zoroark (XY Breakthrough)
  • 1 Aegislash-EX (XY Phantom Forces)
  • 1 Mr.Mime w/ Bench Barrier (XY Breakthrough)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (29)
  • 1 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Heavy Ball
  • 2 Evosoda
  • 1 Delinquent
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Shauna