• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Gallade EX / Forretress

SilverSilent

Dem Eeveelutions
Pokemon: 16
  • 3 Gallade EX
  • 2 M Gallade EX
  • 4 Pineco
  • 4 Forretress
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 1 Wobuffett
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 36
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Judge
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Super Scoop-Up
  • 4 Trainer's Mail
  • 4 Max Elixir
  • 2 Dimension Valley
  • 3 Gallade Spirit Link
  • 1 Super Rod
Energy: 8
  • 8 Psychic Energy
Strategy:

So the idea of the deck is to simply use M. Gallade to begin damaging the board all round by using Forretress to deal 10 damage every Pokémon on the opponent's bench. Mewtwo EX is mainly there for it's 2nd attack as you can use it simply transfer all the damage to your opponent's active Pokémon and use it to possibly get a quick knockout on some weaker Pokémon. Wobuffet is mainly there in place of Hex Maniac to negate any abilities. I have originally tried Bats and I didn't feel like they did not help deal enough damage to other Pokémon to make M. Gallade really shine like it could. Another idea I also have thought of is using Trevenant Break to deal thirty damage every Pokémon across the board. I have thought bout using cards like Target Whistle and to fill the opponent's bench up to continuously deal damage with M. Gallade.

Thank you for the help ahead of time!

Cards Replaced:
2 Skyla
1 Judge
1 Delinquent
3 Mega Turbo
1 Professor Birch's Observations

Last edited:
Pokemon: 16
  • 3 Gallade EX
  • 2 M Gallade EX
  • 4 Pineco
  • 4 Forretress
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 1 Wobuffett
Strategy:

...Mewtwo EX is mainly there for it's 2nd attack as you can use it simply transfer all the damage to your opponent's active Pokémon and use it to possibly get a quick knockout on some weaker Pokémon...
Mewtwo EX is not in your deck list, but is referenced in your deck Strategy.

Secondly, you have a very nice build. My only suggestion would be to incorporate a few Level Balls to help get your Pineco into play faster. Perhaps consider dropping 1 Forrestress line for 2 Level Ball. As an alternative, you could replace 1 Forretress and 1 Max Elixir for 2 Level Ball.

Last season, I ran a MGallade-Gourgeist deck which was quite effective; more so than the Bats and Forretress variations, IMO. Now, I use 4-3-2 Trevenant line to setup M Gallade EX's Unwavering Blade attacks. Trevenant BREAK's Silent Fear damage counter drops can not be stopped by opponents' Hex Maniac plays unlike Forretress.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Last edited:
Mewtwo EX is not in your deck list, but is referenced in your deck Strategy.

Secondly, you have a very nice build. My only suggestion would be to incorporate a few Level Balls to help get your Pineco into play faster. Perhaps consider dropping 1 Forrestress line for 2 Level Ball. As an alternative, you could replace 1 Forretress and 1 Max Elixir for 2 Level Ball.

Last season, I ran a MGallade-Gourgeist deck which was quite effective; more so than the Bats and Forretress variations, IMO. Now, I use 4-3-2 Trevenant line to setup M Gallade EX's Unwavering Blade attacks. Trevenant BREAK's Silent Fear damage counter drops can not be stopped by opponents' Hex Maniac plays unlike Forretress.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

I forgot to line out the Mewtwo-EX in my Strategy. But in all honesty, I find that Gallade EX is a bit underrated, simply because of the current meta it's not had a lot of room to grow. With that said though I thought about adding Trevenant BREAK because it is such a solid card to have and it can attack on it's own as well just as well as Mega Gallade. I honestly didn't think about using Level Ball and it is a really good idea since it would only boost consistency of getting Pineco out.

I forgot to line out the Mewtwo-EX in my Strategy. But in all honesty, I find that Gallade EX is a bit underrated, simply because of the current meta it's not had a lot of room to grow. With that said though I thought about adding Trevenant BREAK because it is such a solid card to have and it can attack on it's own as well just as well as Mega Gallade. I honestly didn't think about using Level Ball and it is a really good idea since it would only boost consistency of getting Pineco out.
Don't get too crazy with Pokemon, you dont want a hand cluttered with Pokemon. Keep it at gallade and maybe a small line of trev. Break or Mewtwo.

Don't get too crazy with Pokemon, you dont want a hand cluttered with Pokemon. Keep it at gallade and maybe a small line of trev. Break or Mewtwo.

I'd definitely take out Forretress if I was to go the Trevenant BREAK route as it would be far to cluttered to be able to do anything efficiently, let alone consistently.

I originally went with Bats and all honesty it was far to clunky for my liking as it was to many cards that could be used to speed the deck up. While Forretress doesn't do as much and has no free retreat, it does give me 3-4 free slots which is huge because that is basically letting get my deck more consistent.

After seeing the Trevenant BREAK after its release, my Gourgeist line (and I really liked both XY Pumpkaboo and Geourgeist at that time) was immediately replaced. The Trevenant BREAK line, IMO, is really good and the best now (again IMO) for setting up M Gallade EX's Unwavering Blade attacks. The versatility of the Trevenant BREAK line provides some very nice disruption (Item-lock) and attack options (Tree Slam and silent Fear) that are just very, very useful.

After seeing the Trevenant BREAK after its release, my Gourgeist line (and I really liked both XY Pumpkaboo and Geourgeist at that time) was immediately replaced. The Trevenant BREAK line, IMO, is really good and the best now (again IMO) for setting up M Gallade EX's Unwavering Blade attacks. The versatility of the Trevenant BREAK line provides some very nice disruption (Item-lock) and attack options (Tree Slam and silent Fear) that are just very, very useful.

If I was to go with a Trevenant Line, would you say a 3-3-2 line is sufficient? Originally I was planning on doing a 2-2-2 Line of Trevenant, but in this case, I'd probably want two from Breakpoint and one from Phantom Forces so that way I could abuse the Item-lock and force my opponent to waste more energy to attack.

Course the downfall of this possibly is the line itself taking more space. Would if be optional to run more Shaymin EX in this case?

If I was to go with a Trevenant Line, would you say a 3-3-2 line is sufficient? Originally I was planning on doing a 2-2-2 Line of Trevenant, but in this case, I'd probably want two from Breakpoint and one from Phantom Forces so that way I could abuse the Item-lock and force my opponent to waste more energy to attack.
My current Trevenant line is 4-3-2. This might be a bit excessive, but I do like a T1/T2 Item-lock. And, I only run the Forrest's Curse Trevenant.

Course the downfall of this possibly is the line itself taking more space. Would if be optional to run more Shaymin EX in this case?
Personally, I prefer to only play 1 Shaymin EX in my decks and find that quite sufficient. Other options to possibly consider:
  • Unown - for extra card-draw support
  • Wobbuffet (Bide Barricade) - 3rd attacker and Ability disruptor
  • Meowstic (Ear Influence) - sweeper to take multiple prizes

Back