• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Sceptile EX / Florges EX (Incomplete)

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
Hi guys! After some success playing TrevGar, I decided to move again to my old mate M Sceptile EX, since the number of ToadTina decks in my zone is increasing. But I don't think my old list would done it well this time, so I need your help!
I have decided which pokemon I want to use and why, but I'm not sure which is the best item and supporter list to use.
So, this are the sure things in the deck:

Pokemon:
  • 3 Sceptile EX
  • 3 M Sceptile EX
  • 2 Spinarak
  • 2 Ariados
  • 2 Pinsir BKT
  • 2 Florges EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 3 Sceptile Spirit Link
  • 3 Forest of Giant Plants
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 1 Fighting Fury Belt
Energy:
  • 9 Grass Energy
  • 2 Fairy Energy
Strategy:

I'm doubting if include or not Hoopa EX AOR, since it has no sinergy with Florges' EX attack. The reason of the pokemon in the deck is:
-M Sceptile: Main attacker and healer.
-Ariados: It lets M Sceptile to OHKO Shaymin EX and 2HKO some megas.
-Pinsir BKT: with 'Overhead Throw' it can make the prize exchange with NM more balanced, and with 'Heavy Suplex' it OHKO Regice with Muscle Band or Poison+Fighting Fury Belt.
-Florges EX: just for corevage against some Entei tech alone and Giratina EX, which can't be attacked by M Sceptile EX.

I need the deck as soon as possible, so there are some things I can't add:
-I only have 1x Fighting Fury Belt and 1x Revitalizer.
-Shaymin EX is not an option, and it has no sinergy with Florges EX.

Thanks!

A few thoughts for your consideration:

M Sceptile EX with its healing capability is simply awsome. In playing against a similar deck, I could not take prizes since I could not 1HKO any of these Pokémon given the constant healing. So, the focus of the deck, IMO, should solely center around M Sceptile EX. Realistically speaking, very few Pokémon (e.g., Entei) currently can 1HKO M Sceptile EX and not many Fire (if any) are being played right now. If so, you can utilize Weakness Policy as another option.

A 4th Sceptile EX would be quite useful too. This Pokémon could be another Mega Pokémon attack option and could also take full advantage of its Unseen Claw attack.

The fact tha Pinsir has a 1-energy attack that inflicts damage unto the opponent's Defending and benched Pokémon makes it a great starter.

The Florges EX combo, IMO, is not that helpful/complementary to M Sceptile EX; in fact, it's more of a liability since more deck can 1HKO this 160 HP Pokémon. Plus, the inclusion of Fairy energy reduces some consistency. IMO, this Pokémon and its energy should be replaced.

Following are some suggested deck changes for your consideration, as well:

-2 Florges EX
-2 Fairy

+1 Sceptile EX
+2 Pinsir

This leaves 24 remaining slots to fill with staples and energy.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

A few thoughts for your consideration:

M Sceptile EX with its healing capability is simply awsome. In playing against a similar deck, I could not take prizes since I could not 1HKO any of these Pokémon given the constant healing. So, the focus of the deck, IMO, should solely center around M Sceptile EX. Realistically speaking, very few Pokémon (e.g., Entei) currently can 1HKO M Sceptile EX and not many Fire (if any) are being played right now. If so, you can utilize Weakness Policy as another option.

A 4th Sceptile EX would be quite useful too. This Pokémon could be another Mega Pokémon attack option and could also take full advantage of its Unseen Claw attack.

The fact tha Pinsir has a 1-energy attack that inflicts damage unto the opponent's Defending and benched Pokémon makes it a great starter.

The Florges EX combo, IMO, is not that helpful/complementary to M Sceptile EX; in fact, it's more of a liability since more deck can 1HKO this 160 HP Pokémon. Plus, the inclusion of Fairy energy reduces some consistency. IMO, this Pokémon and its energy should be replaced.

Following are some suggested deck changes for your consideration, as well:

-2 Florges EX
-2 Fairy

+1 Sceptile EX
+2 Pinsir

This leaves 24 remaining slots to fill with staples and energy.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Hi @TuxedoBlack , thanks for reading n.n

I know what do you mean, but in my last Sceptile version I used to play Malamar EX and 2 [D] energy, and it worked quite better than expected. Also, when not playing against ToadTina or something like that, I can just simply use them in an Ultra Ball discard.

Another thing, what do you think about this supporter line?
3 Sycamore
3 Birch (until N is in format again)
2 Lysandre
1 Skyla
1 Xerosic
1 Hex Maniac

Doesn't pinsir attack his your bench, not your opponent.

Yes, Pinsir attack hits my bench, that's why only included 2 of them, because I only want to start with it against NM and maybe 1-2 more decks.

Last edited:
Hi @TuxedoBlack , thanks for reading n.n

I know what do you mean, but in my last Sceptile version I used to play Malamar EX and 2 [D] energy, and it worked quite better than expected. Also, when not playing against ToadTina or something like that, I can just simply use them in an Ultra Ball discard.

Another thing, what do you think about this supporter line?
3 Sycamore
3 Birch (until N is in format again)
2 Lysandre
1 Skyla
1 Xerosic
1 Hex Maniac

Yes, Pinsir attack hits my bench, that's why only included 2 of them, because I only want to start with it against NM and maybe 1-2 more decks.
I'm not fond of Skyla vs. a strong card-draw Supporter like Professor Sycamore (your 4th instead of Skyla). Also, remember that your Hex Maniac will affect your Ariados too; so, Poison Nest first then play the Hex Maniac.

My bad regarding Pinsir - no need to add 2 more.

Have you considered a couple Virizion from Ancient Origins? It'd be a great way to get the any lost Sceptile EX/M. Sceptile EX that are knocked out and if you're behind on prizes and don't have or don't want to risk a Sceptile EX/M. Sceptile EX you can do 120 damage with it.

Staples like Sycamore, Tierno, and Birch would be good. If you want to get your grass energy back you could use Energy Restore or Revitalizer. Pokémon Fan Club and Bridgette could help you search out your Pokémon.

I also might suggest an herbal energy or two to help with the healing.

Have you considered a couple Virizion from Ancient Origins? It'd be a great way to get the any lost Sceptile EX/M. Sceptile EX that are knocked out and if you're behind on prizes and don't have or don't want to risk a Sceptile EX/M. Sceptile EX you can do 120 damage with it.

Staples like Sycamore, Tierno, and Birch would be good. If you want to get your grass energy back you could use Energy Restore or Revitalizer. Pokémon Fan Club and Bridgette could help you search out your Pokémon.

I also might suggest an herbal energy or two to help with the healing.

Hi @Pikachu6319 , thanks for reading!

At the start I considered Virizion as the main option, but if I'm not behind on prizes, it's almost useless against Regice, that's why Pinsir was finally the chosen one.
The supporter line is probably going to be similar to the one I posted before. I'm gonna try the deck during the weekeend, if it works, I'll update the first message :)

I don't think Herbal Energy could help at all, it's an special energy, so I can't recover it, and M Sceptile EX can fully recover 2 Pokemon in one turn, so a heal of 30 damage it's not worth in my opinion.

Back