• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Tyranitar / Foretress

RuskeD

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone!
Sometimes you get so eager to try out some deck around a specific pokemon but then you realize a rotation is coming in the next 2 months, that means one of your key cards won´t be allowed in standard for a while (or even forever). That´s a sad moment where you must hold on and stay strong.

And the worst news are next: Likely there is no way to play it in standard efficiently when the next rotation begins.
Oh well, that´s it. I give up....

NO WAY, I´M GONNA MAKE IT ANYWAY.

Here it is:
I think most of you already know how to use this deck properly but i would be really glad if you helped me out.
  • Main Damage: Mega tyranitar ex + Foretress "ability" (Splash Damage when evolved from Pineco)
  • Energy Acceleration: Yveltal + Mega Turbo
  • Zoroark as second attacker and a as infinite "Switch" w/ float stone
  • What i need most is at least 1 famous "SHAYMIN-EX" because i find myself in some sticky situations where i could easily get out just by playing a ultraball to get him.
  • HexManiac against Suicune /Carbink/ Pyroar and some item lockers.
  • Skyfield was something that came to my mind but is not helping that much.
  • 1 Extra Heavy ball to get Tyranitar and Foretress with no requirements.
  • Devolution Spray only used on Foretress for consecutive splash damage.
I need your expertise to judge this deck and share some thoughts, like where i am going wrong and what i should expect when playing a "slow-paced" deck.

That´s likely everything i had to say.

Foretress will be missed...and other cards as well. :'(

Thanks for reading me and have a nice weekend.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 16

3 Tyranitar-EX AOR 42
3 M Tyranitar-EX AOR 92
2 Yveltal XY 78
2 Zorua BKT 89
2 Zoroark BKT 91
2 Pineco FLF 4
2 Forretress FLF 60

Trainer Cards - 32

1 Sacred Ash FLF 96
4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
1 Lysandre AOR 78
3 N DEX 96
3 Ultra Ball FLF 99
1 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
2 Devolution Spray FAC 95
2 Sky Field ROS 89
3 Tyranitar Spirit Link AOR 81
1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
2 Float Stone BKT 137
2 Mega Turbo ROS 86
3 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
4 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 12

4 Double Colorless Energy FAC 114
8 Darkness Energy XY 138

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Last edited:
not sure if your asking for advice for after rotation or not, but yes i'll miss forretress been trying to make a spread deck with it for a bit now.

anyway since the main object of the deck is to get 2-3 damage counters on a poke so m tyranitar can hit hard you have several options that stick around after rotation.
m alakazam ex puts 2 on active and 3 on a bench when it evolves, which is enough to get 2 poke setup for tyranitars attack, and you can keep the devolution sprays to use on alakazam.

with the loss of night march I expect more ex decks so you could put in steam siege ampharos which does 3 dam to an ex each turn, it's a little slow as a stage 2 but it's a bench sitter so should be fine (2-1-2 or 3-2-3 line should be fine)

part of crobat line sticks around and may reappear when we get the crobat break.

we have a couple poke that do spread (for example spinda) or snipe attacks that could be a good tech card.

also skyfield likely wont do much for you better to pick a different stadium say reverse valley.

Back