Mabostiff ex and Next Set of Gym Promos Revealed!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The next set of Gym promos will be given out in Japan starting April 14th. Players who attend Gym tournaments will receive a 1-card promo pack containing one of seven promo cards.
All of the promos are alternate art reprints from Snow Hazard & Clay Burst, except for Mabostiff ex, Bellibolt, and Atticus, which are brand new.
All participants will also receive a reverse holo Penny promo with a Gym stamp.
Thanks goes to Arantxa T. and Toine L. for the translations!

1500_SVP_050_KUNUGIDAMA-143x200.jpg

1500_SVP_051_SEGOHRU-143x200.jpg

1500_SVP_052_HARABARIE-143x200.jpg

1500_SVP_053_YABACHA-143x200.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Huh...I assumed they would save Mabostiff ex for a dark-type themed set. I mean, between it, Revavroom, Iron Jugilus and Kingambit, this is the one generation you'd think they'd do a Dark-type themed set pretty early on...unless they do and Mabosstiff is just shoved in anyway? But if he's not a set mascot in japan, then..

Bellibolt - nah, 2
Mabosstiff ex - these attacks are getting stale time after time. 3
Atticus - I better ran Research. 3

I like how Atticus sidesteps the issue of Poison getting outpowercrept, but it is true that Professor's Reaserch is so overpowered that even this effect isn't good enough - in fact, in many scenarios it's better to dump the hand and see the next seven cards, rather than risking drawing the same card again. I would much rather see an effect like search for any two cards.

Mabostiff EX is actualy pretty good against lost box. Any bench damage counters? BOOM 220 damage plus things like defiance/choice band will help boost it a lot.

Back