Finished Mafia LIX-II: Make-A-Mafia: Game Over - Innocents Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
D3 Vote Count FINAL
Ephemera: 2 | Zone Q11 [#206], scattered mind [#213], TeamAqua4Life [#221]
TeamAqua4Life: 2 | Ephemera [#211], Zone Q11 [???]

No vote:

Majority: 3 votes
Hours remaining: HAMMERED
Past vote count: [#1]
Note: This vote count DOES show decreased or increased vote weights, if any.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
It seemed that Ephemera was the clear majority... but when the votes were tallied, there was a tie! The townsfolk decided to just get rid of both of 'em.

TeamAqua4Life and Ephemera were lynched!

...but they aren't dead (yet). They are a valid target for Abilities used tonight.

scattered mind has succumbed to his wounds, after being killed Night 2! They had the role of ZoneQ11 when they died.

Night 3 Begins!
Night 3 ends in 35 hours, on 22:00 Monday, 16 December (UTC +0)
Click [this countdown] for the exact deadline end in your timezone.

There are currently 11 roles in the unused role pool.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
...well then, time to wait.
I'm tempted to modkill you for talking during night, but I regress...

Some things happened during the night:

Someone uses a potion.
Someone attacks someone.
Someone protects someone.

ZoneQ11 is protected from two attacks!

Ephemera has succumbed to their lynch wounds and died. They were not a sheep.

TeamAqua4Life has succumbed to their lynch wounds and died. They were Lord Dread.

ZoneQ11
is the sole survivor. He was an innocent aligned player, which means the innocent faction wins! Congrats!

GAME OVER
Alignments:

Inno
-----
scattered mind
TeamAqua4Life
GM Draclord
ZoneQ11

Mafia
------
Ephemera
Piplup

Spreadsheet: [link]
Roles: [link]
Ephemera and Piplup both had a nightkill. It took two attacks for someone to die. Once Piplup was lynched, Ephemera inherited their nightkill. By chance, they both attacked the same person Night 1.

No postgame from me, though if I was to change one thing about this game, it would be to provide more information about the changed mechanics at the start game. For example, I'd explain that the mafians did not know each other and would give details on how their nightkill worked. I'd possibly also make nightkilled players unable to be revived. This is so people who were nightkilled aren't autoclear, which gave the town a clear advantage.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
I'm tempted to modkill you for talking during night, but I regress...
The night timer was already over, and so was the game after D3's lynch... Plus, I said nothing of importance related to the game.
ZoneQ11 is protected from two attacks!
Did Nick save me? How did that happen?
Also, would I have bled through D4 had I not been protected?

Zone Q11

Nick used his action on you.

No, you would have died immediately, since Nick's role had the death-delay Ability.
Ah. I see. ...wow. I'm impressed that death delay was an actual passive ability which kept getting passed on until the end, instead of a bastard mechanic.

Zone Q11

Wow. With this victory, my Town EV returned into 50%, excluding games from my homeforum. ...this is getting really dangerous for my meta.

That stuff aside, I am surprised to see that Piplup was a mafia. Had I gotten my Ice Cream Man role back, then I would've revived him!
The main problem was indeed mainly that we didn't know what the heck was going on due to lack of info. It was basically a free for all, and it was more chaos than actually deducting stuff. I legit thought that this was a bastard game, but the fact that it isn't surprises me even more.

I'd like to thank you, bbninjas, for hosting the game after what happened with Cel. It was a small game, but I truly had fun playing. (Somewhat less when I heard that I couldn't revive Piplup N1, but it was for the better in the end.)

Ephemera

just a little longer...
Nice game!

I'm kind of irritated with myself. I should have attacked Nick instead of scattered, since he looked the most scummy, and not getting night attacked despite being mayor who can revive people is way too suspicious. But no, I had to be stereotypical mafia and go for him.

Ah well, it seems I am not fated to win mafia haha.

I think the revival roles were a bit too skewed in favor of town, yeah. Confotowns getting revived is way too powerful.

Still, I had fun, and thanks bbninjas for hosting!

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
I should have attacked Nick instead of scattered
Yeah, that was mistake one for you. You not only allowed me to get my sign up role off of Drac before they died, but also gave me the time to put it into effect in good use. I kind of had a feeling after Drac didn't share the ability they used on scattered, but didn't say anything considering the size of the unused role pool. Then I saw the hints at the passive ability changes and took it thinking it would be useful, thus achieving town win con once scattered revived Zone. I put so much trust into Zone and scattered this game, which I only did once I was certain of everyone's alignment, but would never have done that in a larger game.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
Nah, I couldn't have you getting your old ability back from me. Still, I should have redirected you to Scattered.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
Really, Zone's revival is what messed me up this game, plus the fact that I didn't know who Piplup was.

Ah well, I've discussed my play enough. It was a fun game, and I hope the next one is soon!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
It's funnny - I've always been an advocacy for low information games! This has game has certainly taught me the value of providing free information if you want the town / mafia factions to play cleverly and strategically.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
I think that exchanging roles was an interesting mechanic that could have been used more.

Sadly, the Ice-cream Woman was not a role assigned at the start, so role-switching wasn't as big of a factor as it might have been.

Still, it's something that could be used in other games, so fingers crossed!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I think that exchanging roles was an interesting mechanic that could have been used more.

Sadly, the Ice-cream Woman was not a role assigned at the start, so role-switching wasn't as big of a factor as it might have been.

Still, it's something that could be used in other games, so fingers crossed!
I feel that the mechanic only works with more people, to be honest, and when the focus of the game is role-swapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.