• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Magmortar Mill (Black & White)

Pokemunkulys

Pokebeach Veteran
I thought of this deck while looking at Magmortars. I realized that this could be a pretty fun deck. With Emboar, it has potential.

22 Pokemon:
3 - 3 Magmortar TM
2 - 2 - 2 Emboar
1 - 1 Delcatty PL
1 - 1 Bronzong MD
1 Slugma UD
1 - 1 Uxie LV. X LA
1 Azelf LA
2 Unown Q LA

27 Trainers, Supporters, and Stadiums:
2 Bebe's Search
3 Cyrus' Conspiracy
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Pokemon Communication
3 Fisherman
4 Energy Retrieval
1 Energy Restore
2 Broken Time Space
1 Burned Tower
4 Twins
1 Stark Mountain
1 Pokemon Rescue
2 Seeker

11 Energy:
11 Fire Energy

The strategy is to use Bronzong and Emboar to attach as many Fire Energy to Magmortar as possible, then make your opponent deck out. When you flip tails, use Energy Retrieval and Restore, Fisherman, Burned Tower, and/or Delcatty+Slugma+Stark Mountain to regain the energies, then Emboar to reattach. Similar situation when Magmortar dies. With so many techs, 2 Unown Q seemed a good idea, so Uxie LV. X seemed practical.

Another combo I've seen mentioned with this is the promo shuckle.
Everytime you attach an energy from your hand you draw a card.
Then move the energy with Lucian's Assignment or Shayman.

Wait, hold on, Energy Retrieval is coming back?
The only thing I can say so far...I can't say a whole lot, but I don't think you need to run Slugma; it's really just an extra slot that you can use for something else. And I'm pretty sure you mean to run Bronzong SF, not MD. MD is the Cursed Alloy one; SF is the one with Cycler.

why do you always seem to post the most awesome rogue deck ideas

*Checks the exact translation of Emboar*
Wow, that is pretty good. Unfortunately, it is too hard to get all those energies from Shuckle over to Magmortar, especially when Stark Mountain only moves one.

Yup, and I'd 2 > 3*(50%), wouldn't you? The real point of Slugma is to make Delcatty actually useful, as there is no Sandslash or Blastoise for fire types that I could find save Slugma. Also, yes, it is SF. *Changes OP*

I'm just awesome that way. You think Edmund would be as successful as he is without me? Please, he didn't get CLOSE to worlds before I met him. =P
Why do YOU always seem to change your favorite Pokemon every 2 hours? o_0

i've been looking into this combo for a while now and I think the best way to go is a 4-4 magmortar line with 2-2-2 enboar and then add either a 2-2 kyogre groudon legend or a 1-1-1-1 flygon X line to add to the mill.

I don't really see needing a 4 - 4 Magmortar, and Kyogre Groudon Legend I've tried, but it needs Water Energy to mill T_T. I can see Flygon as a Pokemon to send when Magmortar dies, then maybe stall a turn or two if Magmortar is taking a bit to get more energies and set up, although I'd rather send an Uxie or something else...but, free retreat is nice, and a little extra damage is always nice, not to mention a counter-counter-stadium. So, is there anything I could/should remove for a 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 Flygon LV. X line? I'd really like to keep the Bronzong, it's really great, but most of the other stuff is expendable.

2 energies for sure (Energy Retrieval) is better than 3 coin flips for energies (Energy Restore), DNA...>_<

Oh, that's what you meant. I thought you were talking about some evolutionary line. I get it now.

Ive seen a lot of this deck idea... only thing i can say is i think half these card might be rotated by the time B/W come out... but if its just an unlimited fun deck than it looks fine!

There really isn't anything left of TPCi to release. They reprinted cards that are going to be legal next year simply because they just couldn't print anything here they hadn't already printed in Japan, and Black & White is the next set to come out, which means it should come out in May (I think that is when the next set usually comes out in the year). It might even come earlier, as the B&W video games actually come out in March (As usual), so they might (As usual) accompany the games.

Problem with that is, I need that bench space, and so I'd play a Seeker to pick up the Unown, so then why wouldn't I just pick up the Shuckle...>_>

The point of Unown RETURN is really for the active, and that is really not ever necessary (Sometimes useful, but not really consistently enough to be worth including). I also don't run enough of an SSU/Seeker engine to include Shuckle just for draw power. =/

This deck should be run with Spiritomb start to ensure you can start evolving Magmortars ASAP. You can use Spiritomb to it's fullest potential because this deck doesn't need any trainers at all, save for maybe Vs. Seeker to re-use Fisherman. Oh, and a 4-4 Magmortar is absolutely necessary to ensure you start with one active/bench.

Actually, the only cards I run besides a couple of Fisherman (Which are Supporters) to recover energies are Trainers. No Pokemon or anything to get them back, just all of those trainers...not to mention the set up lines of the deck are build to be speedy. It would take an entire reconfiguration of the deck (not unheard of) to fit in Spiritomb, not to mention some other recovery engine. Also, again with the speed I usually can get out a Magmar, and without Spiritomb it isn't as important (Broken Time Space).

Back