• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Magneboar 2.0 (Magnezone/Emboar)

Magnevire

Aspiring Trainer
POKEMON: 19

4-1-3 Magnezone Prime
3-1-2 Emboar BW20
1 Reshiram
1-1 RDL
2 Cleffa HGSS

T/S/S: 26

4 Pokemon Collector
3 PONT
3 Twins
1 Fisherman
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Rare Candy
1 Pokemon Catcher
4 Junk Arm
1 Energy Retieval
2 Switch

ENERGY: 15

4 {L} Energy
9 {R} Energy
1 {C} Rescue

Strategy: Emboar to Inferno Fandango onto Reshiram or Magnezone early to score KOs. RDL is a closer for the last two prizes or as an attacker to take four prizes if there's no potential for the opponent to send out a backup attacker. The deck uses Twins to help setup, but ideally one piece of the Magneboar line should already be online by this point. Reshiram is teched for Donphan or when quick attacks are a must, especially against decks that don't take prizes (such as Durant or MewGar).

Sounds solid! The only thing i could question is maybe add another Reshi instead of a cleffa. Have you tested it out at all? I'm curious to hear how it plays out.

Yeah I used to run 2 Cleffa, 1 Reshiram, but I found 2 Cleffa a big help, I really can't afford that to be prized, and I really don't want to start with Reshiram either. I saw another recent Magneboar list that ran no Pignite, and a couple others seemed to support that call. I'm thinking of dropping Pignite for something, whether it's Reshiram 2, Catcher 2, Boar 3, or Tepig 4. Any thoughts on this?

You need to run at least 2 catcher if not three. This helps to get their techs into the active slot early to KO them.

Oh I agree that more Catcher is better. I run four in my ZPST. The problem is fitting the bloody things in a notoriously tight decklist. I'm all for more catcher, but what would you pitch?

I, personally, do not like running just one rescue. I either run two plus, or none. You could maybe take that out. The problem with this deck is your main attack is Magnezone prime, and to OHKO a lot of the meta you need to burn 3 energy to get one prize, 4 for donphan >.< So you may want to keep your energy count as high as possible, but I would take the rescue out for another catcher. Unless you do like the line up without a pignite. It's totally how you, the player, feel running the deck. You need to be comfortable with everything in the deck. If taking something out or adding something in makes you feel uneasy, then it may not be worth it for you, but may work for other players. Good luck

I think you could take RDL out for another reshiram, as RDL does nothing your magnezone won't. Magnezone will 1 shot anything you need, and the extra Reshi gives you a much better early game attacker with blue flare, being able to get those energies discarded with a fisherman or FLS. Also 1 Badboar and 1 DCE could give you that extra big attacker without giving up the double prize, as not much will OHKO a clean badboar back without major resource dump.

Yeah I was originally running Badboar and a 4-1-4 Tepig, but I was reading that a lot of people favored RDL so I made the swap. Been planning to playtest that at league, though I've founding waiting to bring out RDL is a real pain.

RDL is more of a game finisher. You have those last two prizes and you get them then. It's a wonderful card. Just don't bring him out too early, especially if they have tornadus in play. Since he can one shot you. :/

Oh don't worry, I'm very aware of that. I actually did that to RDL with said Tornadus. See what's on my mind right now is whether I should use RDL to make up for falling behind in the prize exchange (because Magneboar will unless I'm facing Goth or something) or Badboar for mid/late game 150. The thing Dark Aero, by your reasoning, is that there's nothing Badboar does that Magnezone can't. It's just a question of whether I want more discards for 150, or the closer to wrap up the prize race.

Magnevire said:
Oh don't worry, I'm very aware of that. I actually did that to RDL with said Tornadus. See what's on my mind right now is whether I should use RDL to make up for falling behind in the prize exchange (because Magneboar will unless I'm facing Goth or something) or Badboar for mid/late game 150. The thing Dark Aero, by your reasoning, is that there's nothing Badboar does that Magnezone can't. It's just a question of whether I want more discards for 150, or the closer to wrap up the prize race.

But Badboar DOES do something magnezone can't. That is do 150 for two energy discard instead of three. Also, Magnezone has 10 less HP making it easier to 1 shot. Badboar doesn't give up 2 prizes when KO'd like RDL, and will most likely take 2 prizes also like RDL. To me it is much more disruptive to knock out two pokemon for two prizes than just one, and you also don't become even on the prize exchange but +1.

Back