whats better?

• electrode

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • magneton

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters

(TYranitarFReak)

need politoed ex! juz 1 more~~
today we;re gonna talk abt the 2 poke that appear in ALMOST ALL expansions--- electrode and magneton !

go search for them in apprentice/OCTGN, u'll probally notice the two being release MORE OFTEN THAN pikachu! !!!!!

BTW i think Nintendo likes electrode more than magneton, look below :

* we have electrode ex but no magneton ex ? what on earth is this???

* dark electrode's more useful than dark magneton!

* HL electrode ! what a great atk, archtype material

* there's a electrode from NG (is it?) that can self-destruct and become an attachable DRE to ur pokes! magneton can't!!

Maybe because Electrode is cuter than Magneton.
Easier to draw.
Shape like Pokeball (Pokemon Symbol)

True. I never once saw a Magneton be able to take itself and the opponent out with it.

Sigh. I miss that Electrode...my very own weapon of "Mass Destruction."

I think what he's trying to get at is that nearly every expansion has an Electrode and a Magneton in it. Whether he's right or not, I'm not going to check.

TYranitarFReak said:
today we;re gonna talk abt the 2 poke that appear in ALMOST ALL expansions--- electrode and magneton !

go search for them in apprentice/OCTGN, u'll probally notice the two being release MORE OFTEN THAN pikachu! !!!!!

BTW i think Nintendo likes electrode more than magneton, look below :

* we have electrode ex but no magneton ex ? what on earth is this???

* dark electrode's more useful than dark magneton!

* HL electrode ! what a great atk, archtype material

* there's a electrode from NG (is it?) that can self-destruct and become an attachable DRE to ur pokes!  magneton can't!!
Ummm, pikachu has been printed over 20 times (at least, don't have an exact number, but theres soo many promos/them in sets), so thats not true. Electrode is better overall to magneton, as eletrode has at least been played for something other then energy (well, energy bombing...).

I love Electrode more. I really miss the Electrode ex and Electrode(HL). They're strong. There's an evolution for Magneton but not Electrode. Not fair for Electrode.

well, magneton gets an evolution, TAKE THAT TRODE :F

I honestly like trode more, it's cute and easier to draw (where did I read that again? :F), it might not be the best poke on the GBA games, but it has some decent (more then decent) TCG cards

cute-mew said:
well, magneton gets an evolution, TAKE THAT TRODE :F

I honestly like trode more, it's cute and easier to draw (where did I read that again? :F), it might not be the best poke on the GBA games, but it has some decent (more then decent) TCG cards

do u mean that in 4th gen magneton's gonna have an evo??

Before I give my answer, I need to ask one question that has really bugging me about this thread. What is the significance of deciding on which of these pokemon is superior? What are we accomplishing? Comparing two completely different pokemon seems pretty arbitrary, regardless of how many times each has been released. Oh and by the way, I doubt the amount of cards of these combined can compare to Pikachu, but that is a little beside the point.

I definitely would go with Electrode. Electrode ex is easily in the top 10 modified pokemon cards in relation to impact on the game. Also, we have seen Dark Electrode get played a lot, as well as Holon's Electrode. And this is just counting Electrodes released in the Nintendo era. Magneton, on the other hand, has had only had one playable card EVER in the TCG, which is Holon's Magneton. And of course, Holon's Magneton is not a unique card, as it shares an ability with two other cards, so it definitely will not make it better than Electrode.

Don't forget Magneton from DR and LM and magneton for me is just better coz it's harder to draw, and this arguement for me, is just wasting time, but most of the time, i waste time :p

Back