• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

ManVirGen (M Manectric EX / Virizion EX / Genesect EX)

Kaichu

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:12

• 3 Genesect EX
    4 Virizion EX
    2 Manectric EX
    2 M Manectric EX
    1 Jirachi EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33

• 4 N
    4 Professor Juniper
    4 Skyla
    2 Colress
    2 Shadow Triad
    2 Manectric Spirit Link
    2 VS Seeker
    2 Bicycle
    3 Muscle Band
    1 G Booster (Ace Spec)
    3 Ultra Ball
    2 Energy Switch
    1 Startling Megaphone
    1 Professor's Letter
Energy:15

• 4 Plasma Energy
    8 Grass Energy
    3 Electric Energy

Strategy:
To run as a normal Virgen deck basically but use Manectric for energy acceleration after they've gone to the discard.

Can't seem to get it to work quickly, and suggestions?

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

First off I think you should either add 1 Regigigas or 1 Town Map. Regigigas can be powered up by an Emerald Slash+attachment, then OHKO Suicune/Sigilyph using Daunt with a Muscle Band attached. Town Map is better, especially because Regigigas is weak to Fighting. If your G Booster is prized, you can: Town Map -> Red Signal -> KO something -> grab the G Booster and then be ready to KO any Safeguarders.

JirachiEX is one of your 10 Basic Pokemon, so starting with it might not be too uncommon. I think adding one more basic would help out a lot here, and in my list I play a 3rd ManectricEX.

Lastly, I think replacing a Grass or Plasma energy with a 2nd Professor's Letter would help, because there are 2 basic energy types, and only 3 Lightning.

I think dragonite ex can be a good hitter in this deck.
-1 virizion ex coz we need more hitter
-1 jirachi ex
+1 / 2 Tool retrival coz new teamflare tool (headringrer) who can stall your virizion ex to use emerald slash 2nd turn.
+ 1/2 super scoop up if you use dragonite ex you must have this card in your deck to return ur damaged dragonite ex to your hand and summon it again. So you can attack with the fresh hp dragonite ex

First of all, I think you have a fairly solid list - nice deck. Following are some comments for your consideration:

• With 10 card-draw Supporters and Items, plus 2 VS Seekers, this is a solid engine. So, I would think the need for Jirachi EX would not adequately offset this 2-prize target you would place on your bench.
  • 4 Skylas seem a bit excessive, especially when you don't have any counter Stadiums in your deck. I'd imagine you would not want to have your opponent's Fighting Stadium, Virbank City Gym (assume Garbotoxin is in effect), Shadow Circle, etc. in play for the entire game.
  • Should your opponent Quaking Punch you early game, you might find that a Pokémon Fan Club could be quite useful.
  • Also, I'm finding Xerosic to be very helpful at times too.
Given the above comments, I'd suggest:

• -1 Jirachi EX
    -2 Skyla. Remaining 2 will be sufficient, IMO.
    -1 Ultra Ball. Remaining 2 will be sufficient, IMO.

+1 Dragonite EX. Another attacker that can "gust" your current active Poké back to the bench.
    +1 Plasma Frigate
    +1 Pokémon Fan Club
    +1 Xerosic. To disrupt/remove opponent's Head Ringer placed on your Poké or to discard a Special energy attached to one of your opponent's Poké.
I hope your find these comments helpful.

I'd keep Skyla at 4 and the Jirachi. The reason most all Genesect builds play these is so that they can always pull that G Booster out of thin air. Play with it, and you'll see how amazing it truly is. Almost every game, I've found that I can get G Booster if I need it.

You're having trouble with consistency with 14 draw supporters, 2 VS Seeker, 2 Bikes, and Jirachi? That's pretty incredible if you ask me. If anything, you might have too many consistency cards... do you often draw hands of all draw supporters? I would probably agree with TuxedoBlack about the removal of Jirachi, but I will admit it has a lot of value in some games.

I think some sort of switching effect is necessary (Skyarrow Bridge is ideal, but for Standard, Switch should work just fine) in case you don't start with Virizion or need a free retreat later in the game.

I would also take out a Grass energy for a 2nd Professor's Letter. That's the energy/Letter line I'm using and it has been working pretty well so far.

No offense to Carpey, but Regigigas is a terrible option for this deck. It totally ruins the flow of the deck and needs four (four!) energy to retreat. If you're really worried about Safeguarders (presumably in Donphan decks?) and you don't want to use G Booster or Red Signal around them, there are better options.

In reference to TuxedoBlack's other comments, I believe 4 Skyla is absolutely necessary for all VirGen variants. I recently dropped down to three, and that was a bad decision in my opinion. You can hope to draw into everything if you like, but when I want a G Booster or a specific energy or a Pokemon or a Megaphone, I'd rather have that 100% certainty that comes with Skyla. Virgen is one of the few decks that only needs an energy and one or two specific trainers per turn to run smoothly, and Skyla is the best way to do that.

I have a similar feeling about Ultra Ball. You absolutely need Virizion out T1 (unless you decide to start Manectric), and any less than 3 Ultra Ball makes that more difficult. Ultra Ball is also handy for grabbing M Manectric; you don't want to have to draw into it every time, especially since your opponent could discard your Spirit Link.
With so many Supporters already, Pokemon Fan Club isn't a great choice. Plus, you hit Seismitoad for weakness so you shouldn't be too worried about that matchup.

I very much like Dragonite as a surprise attacker that could really help you out in awkward situations.
Xerosic is also a great one-of tech, especially with VS Seeker.

Anyway, just my two cents. Good luck with the deck!

Back