~Mario Kart DS + Wii Racing League~ [Closed... For now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Mario Kart *DS* Racing League

Hello everybody! I voted for Delfino Square because, it's one of my favorite courses in Mario Kart DS and also, I think Figure-8 Circuit is a little to easy, and I don't really like Wario Stadium.

Alright! The Hosted Race has been posted. Find your opponent, and organize times to race.

@Afro-G: Thanks for using the User Bar I made!

Also, if a Mod would take the poll down, I'd be happy.

Yay! Hosted Race! :D

@Chariblaze - I'm free every weekday 4pm-12am BST (11am-7pm EST)

@Porygon-X - 2 questions:

1. What happens if your opponent doesn't post a time within 5 days/can't agree on a certain time? I'm not saying this will happen, but if it does happen at some point in the future, what happens?

2. Are you going to be involved in the Hosted Race? I noticed you didn't put your name down, but don't you feel like you're missing out?

EDIT: The times I'm free on Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays haven't changed, but the earliest time I'm free on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays is 4:30pm BST (extra lessons after school :(), rather than 4:00pm BST. I can, however, still race at a time as late as 12am BST each day. Just wanted to mention it before it's too late.

1) Whoever doesn't make contact loses the the match automagicly. (subject to change)

2) Yeah, but with me, there is an odd number people. I fill in if there's an odd number, but if there's and even number, (like there is now), I can't race. :( Oh well. Besides, I didn't make the league for my own enjoyment. I made it for your enjoyment. ;)

...Afro-G and I are having some technical issues racing each other. We've registered friend codes and all (made sure they were correct numerous times) -- but half the time when we're both on at the same time the blue alert box doesn't show up. When it does, we go to the friends search, but the yellow boxes don't illuminate and for some reason we can't play each other. I've tried everything from reregistering friend codes to logging off and on again and changing networks, but it's just not working :(. Would anyone have any suggestions -- this is the second day trying to set up a race and we're still having the same problems. Maybe it's a server malfunction -- I honestly have no clue...

I was having the same problem during a free race. We never really solved it. We just kept trying and then it connected. If the problem persists, I'll give a little leeway on the whole 5 day time limit thing.

Also @ Timeshift:

You can also PM your opponent when organizing times, if posting here doesn't work.

Gary Walsh smoked me! All I can say is he's better then anybody I've ever raced with online. Good races man.

Confirming the win against Afro-G.  Well played!  You caught me off guard with that blue shell during the third match though, I hung back a little too long :D.  Some terrific bomb-omb action too, haha -- Afro-G threw a red shell at me just crossing over the bridge, so it went in front of me on the land, and I had to swerve a complete 90 degrees to lay the bomb -- blew it up just in time :).  And the other one I randomly threw in the alley that just hapenned to richochet off the wall right at Afro-G,  I'll admit that had to have been rough! Still, nicely done! What are the standings now?

I feel like you went easy on me in the third race,:p but then in the fourth race I saw you at the beginning, then the bob omb blew up in my face, and I never saw you again. Your a Mario Kart DS Beast!;)

Ha, thanks! -- I have a good feeling the final is gonna be a different story though :p.  I'm glad we got those issues fixed -- I apologize I had to put you on hold for so long, I've encountered those connection mishaps a couple of times before, but not ones that last two days! Guess there's nothing much you can do about them, but rest assured this usually never happens, even if it is in fact your first time using the friends system :).

100th Post!

Congrats Gary! You will receive 10 points for the win.

Oh, you mean the hosted race is a single-match scenario? I'll have to reread the rules; I was under the impression it was part of bracketed tournament :p. I guess at this point the group's too small to run that type of event yet anyway...

Yeah, I had that planned, but I also planned for more people...

@Porygon-X - Me and Chariblaze had our "match", but during the third race of the match he had to tend to something (though was still in the race), and was disconnected from Wi-Fi about 30 seconds later. Up until that point, Chariblaze had won the first race and I won the second, but we can't have a rematch as he is busy. We were both just wondering what you'd suggest. Thanks!

Well, because Chariblaze disconnected, he takes the loss. Timeshift, you have won 10 points. Congratulations.

EDIT: If you guys(Gary and Timeshift) want to face off, go ahead. I'll award 5 points to the winner, and the title of the first hosted race winner.

Well, to be fair Chariblaze didn't disconnect on purpose. He was just disconnected from Wi-Fi without intent, by the sounds of it. It happens to me occasionally, but it hasn't happened to me in this league (yet). I just wanted to clarify by saying it wasn't his fault he was disconnected.

Congratulations to Gary Walsh for the highest points at the end of the month! You have won a random Shiny Pokemon!

I guess I'll start off with this Kart tiers discussion. In my experience playing online I've only noticed subtle differences between the different karts, but the strong exception to this would have to be the Dry Bomber and Egg1 -- which by no coincidence happen to be top tier karts. Though the karts lack the situational benefit of item strength, they have an absurd amount of speed and acceleration compared to other karts placed lower down on the list. I don't have a problem with the karts themselves, but I feel they hinder a lot of creative kart choices that would make a particular race that much more exciting. I only use the Dry Bomber myself if I'm going up against somebody on a random match with a very high ranking (who also uses the DryBomber/Egg1); though I have won against skilled players in the past relying on items from other karts, it's just too risky to go with anything besides those top tier karts to be at an even playing level, in my opinion.

^ I agree.

I like the Egg1, myself TBH, but the lack of items to me, ruins it. IMO, Standard Yoshi should be in tier 1, because it's stats are close to the Egg1, but has much better items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back