Market Analysis: Most Valuable Cards from “Mask of Change!” Dragapult ex?

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Mask of Change released in Japan on Friday!
I’ve gathered the average card prices from Mercari, a popular auction website. These prices give us a clue of the initial interest in these cards. These prices are current as of today.
These are the most valuable secret rares from the set:

Carmine (SIR): 15,000 yen ($96)
Buddy-Buddy Poffin (HR): 7,500 yen ($48)
Kieran (SIR): 6,200 yen ($40)
Dragapult ex (UR): 2,800 yen ($18)
Carmine (UR): 2,200 yen ($14)
Kieran (UR): 2,000 yen ($13)
Wellspring Mask Ogerpon ex (SIR): 2,000 yen ($13)
Teal Mask Ogerpon ex (SIR): 2,000 yen ($13)
Cornerstone Mask Ogerpon ex (SIR): 1,900 yen ($12)
Hearthflame Mask Ogerpon ex (SIR): 1,700 yen ($11)
Enhanced...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me how dragapult ex will be good? Can someone explain to me why it is doing good, even when there is jirachi? It doesn’t look bad, I just need someone to explain.

Can someone explain to me how dragapult ex will be good? Can someone explain to me why it is doing good, even when there is jirachi? It doesn’t look bad, I just need someone to explain.
The stage 1 (Drakloak) has an ability that looks at the top 2 cards of your deck and puts 1 in hand, the other at the bottom of your deck. Having a middle evolution that gives you free cards improves consistency and lessens the need for Rare Candy.

320HP with no weakness makes it fairly tanky. The only things that can threaten to 1HKO it are pokemon like Chien-Pao and Cinccino, which can sometimes be kinda bricky.

200 damage for 2 energies, and access to decent energy acceleration such as Xatu allows it to reliably 2HKO most attackers in the format. The placing 6 damage counters on their bench softens up their backup attackers or can add up quickly to take out utility mons such as Bibarel. The only pokemon protects against it is Rabsca, which can be awkward to set up because it is a stage 1 and the opponent can easily KO your Rellor if you only bench one/Gust it up. Jirachi only prevents BASIC Pokemon's attacks from putting damage counters on your bench.

Also most decks right now just DO NOT run any healing cards to deal with the spread damage. Now that Dragapult is a known threat, the meta may begin adapting to account for it.

Jirachi doesn't block it as jirachi only blocks basics, it has a good stage one in drakloak with the same ability as pidgeotto air mail, and bits respectable damage and can be paired with pidgeot and xatu for acceleration

The stage 1 (Drakloak) has an ability that looks at the top 2 cards of your deck and puts 1 in hand, the other at the bottom of your deck. Having a middle evolution that gives you free cards improves consistency and lessens the need for Rare Candy.

320HP with no weakness makes it fairly tanky. The only things that can threaten to 1HKO it are pokemon like Chien-Pao and Cinccino, which can sometimes be kinda bricky.

200 damage for 2 energies, and access to decent energy acceleration such as Xatu allows it to reliably 2HKO most attackers in the format. The placing 6 damage counters on their bench softens up their backup attackers or can add up quickly to take out utility mons such as Bibarel. The only pokemon protects against it is Rabsca, which can be awkward to set up because it is a stage 1 and the opponent can easily KO your Rellor if you only bench one/Gust it up. Jirachi only prevents BASIC Pokemon's attacks from putting damage counters on your bench.

Also most decks right now just DO NOT run any healing cards to deal with the spread damage. Now that Dragapult is a known threat, the meta may begin adapting to account for it.
Bro we sent this at the same time and my description is no where near as good as yours 😭😭

bro just wait, blissey ex teal mask ogerpon is boutta be bdif trust
Nah man, Toedscruel ex with Teal Mask Ogrepon or bust!

Funnily enough, Toedscruel ex is another way to protect your bench from Dragapult's attack as long as you've got a way to put energies onto your bench. A lot of grass cards are ironically a better counter to Dragapult than they are to Zard.

Dragapult pulling great results is unsurprising given all the factors, but I'm interested in what Festival Box is cooking. Defiant Band, Kieran and other modifiers applying for both Dipplin strikes and up to 4 Thwackey searches a turn is making it a fairly decent deck (for local play, but i have faith)

-It oppresses the bench, ad you can't run 60HP basics anymore as eventually, you will get looped out of a game if you turtle up or brick. Stuff like bibarel is unplayable because of this.

- The 6 recoil counters decimate basic two prizers so you can ohko them while they can't. Also, unfair stamp was already destroying big HP basic decks before this, so it only got worse.

- Built in engine in a mid stage evo, so is immune to devolution.

- Has no weakness, nor natural counters. You can't block the counters.

- Has low energy requirements and interesting options like the ace spec, exp share & mela.

The xatu, bibarel and pidgeot are terrible because you will get obliterated in the mirror match if you play them (also, xatu in a 4 P energy deck is just bad). You don't need them either, anyway.

Last edited:
Dragapult pulling great results is unsurprising given all the factors, but I'm interested in what Festival Box is cooking. Defiant Band, Kieran and other modifiers applying for both Dipplin strikes and up to 4 Thwackey searches a turn is making it a fairly decent deck (for local play, but i have faith)
Has been doing okay here and there. People isn't playing the deck because they thought it was a joke, but the few people that does, gets some results.

It has really good MU's into zard, lost zone decks & Lugia, while having neutral vs most and really struggling vs ancient and garde as flutter mane destroys the deck.

However, dragapult MU is horrendous while zard & lost zone is quickly disappearing, meaning it is way less desirable to play. If dragapult wasn't a thing, it would have seen a bunch of play, but between the dragapult hype and the attrocious MU, people didn't bother.

I think the only reason the gold Poffin exists is because they forgot to do it with Battle VIP. Just so players will empty their wallets 'Blinging out' their decks.

I can understand why the Carmine SAR is the most sold card.
It's gorgeous.
And I don't even like Carmine as a character lol

I can understand why the Carmine SAR is the most sold card.
It's gorgeous.
And I don't even like Carmine as a character lol
It's also playable. One funny thing you can do with her is fetch her with Lumineon V, then bench down a Squawkabilly ex, then discard your hand twice for a total draw of 11 cards, going first.

Just like the good ol' days of Lele into Lillie into Dedenne.

Jirachi only affects the attacks of basic Pokémon

Oof! Rest in Binder my dear Ogreflop. You deserved to be better.
You can't fix Ogerpon's attack, but you can make her feel better by taking her to a small event or using her in a casual battle. Teal Mask Ogerpon ex's ability is good enough to help cards like Cornerstone Mask Ogerpon ex or Blissey ex make top 16 in 32 to 64 person tournaments, which isn't amazing, but it's better than nothing.
https://limitlesstcg.com/decks/list/jp/10322
https://limitlesstcg.com/decks/list/jp/10385
There was another list using Ogerpon ex at 8:08 in the ZapdosTCG video I saw these lists in (one built around the new Sinistacha and Sinistacha ex), but he zoomed in so you can't see the name of the city whose league the deck placed in, and I'm not going to open every limitlesstcg tournament report until I find it.
bro just wait, blissey ex teal mask ogerpon is boutta be bdif trust
Nah man, Toedscruel ex with Teal Mask Ogrepon or bust!

Funnily enough, Toedscruel ex is another way to protect your bench from Dragapult's attack as long as you've got a way to put energies onto your bench. A lot of grass cards are ironically a better counter to Dragapult than they are to Zard.
Actually, Blissey ex has been getting results (with and without Teal Mask Ogerpon ex) and Toedscruel ex hasn't (as far as I can see). See the second list above. Not sure about best deck in format, though.

It's certainly funny that Toedscuel ex would be a better Dragapult ex counter than a Charizard ex counter, though. All we need now is for Charizard ex/Bibarel/Toedscruel to return with a 1-1-1 Toedstool-Toedscruel PAR-Toedscruel ex line so Charizard can reassert itself as the unbeatable champion's TRUE ace!

Back