Pokequaza said:
penny power said:
Pokequaza said:
ETRURIANSAGE said:
safariblade said:
ETRURIANSAGE said:
omahanime said:
ETRURIANSAGE said:
Well, it would have to be something with elemental typing...because the anime started out more in the shonen genre.

I say Growlithe or Vulpix because they are fire types and could have had that "cute" factor.

When you look at cuteness and evolutions, Eevee would have been a good choice.

But see, the mascot for pokemon can't evolve. Like Pikachu wouldn't evolve. If your mascot changes it makes it harder to maintain branding for the product.
HAHA you say this, yet you suggest growlithe or vulpix, both which can evolve HAHAHA

Yeah...I guess I was thinking that a vulpix would turn down a fire stone like pika turned down the thunderstone =)
Well same is for Eevee:p Thunderstone into Jolteon, Water Stone into Vaporeon and Fire Stone for Flareon ;)
But eevee would evolve eventually by friendship!
Yes and I knew when I posted the reply before, but we're talking about the 1st gen, where Espeon and Umbreon didn't exist yet ;)
But I thought we were talking about all gens.
Uhm... we were talking about what Pokemon could have been a mascot instead of Pikachu, so we talking about before the release of the 1st gen. Espeon and Umbreon didn't exist back then ;)
Yes, this was before even the first gen came out, but they were considering the mascot for the entire series. Maybe they had early plans for umbreon and espeon?
This could be possible, but in this case, no. If they planned to make Pokemon in the next gen evolve with maxed happinness, the must planned too to make a difference between day and night. And if they had already planned this back in the 1st gen they probably put the day/night difference in 1st gen too (cuz it's a nice feature). And if they had planned them they probably would be in the Kanto Dex, there was a period when making the first gen they had too less Pokemon, if Umbreon and Espeon were already designed back then they would be probably in the Kanto Dex atm. And not even talking about Umbreon being a Dark type, which didn't exist either in the 1st gen. There are too many things missing in the 1st gen for a Espeon and Umbreon, so it's almost impossible.
Oh, I see what you're saying now. This makes sense.

GrimsChild said:
Maybe they had early plans for umbreon and espeon?

They did that with Ho-oh so it isnt completly out of the question.
Wow, that's interesting!

This post does not contribute to the current discussion, and is considered spam. All posts must be well-elaborated and contribute to the topic of discussion If you haven't already, please be sure to read the forum rules. ~DRK176

pokezardgamer said:
This post does not contribute to the current discussion, and is considered spam. All posts must be well-elaborated and contribute to the topic of discussion If you haven't already, please be sure to read the forum rules. ~DRK176
And you're mini-modding. That's also against rules. So, if YOU haven't already, please be sure to read the forum rules.
But let me now inform you of rule #3:
Do not mini-mod
If you see a post that violates any of the below rules, you should use the "! report" button below each post in the bottom right hand corner. This will immediately notify all mods that someone is possibly breaking a rule, and they will handle it. If you reply to a post that violates the below rules, telling the person "You should not be doing so-and-so," you will be warned. This is known as "mini-modding" and is not allowed. The best thing to do is use the report feature.
---

Try listening to your own advice - please don't mini-mod. This post does not contribute to the topic. Just report the post if you feel it violates a rule and leave it at that. ~Xous

The ultimate soul silver fan said:
Lugia!!!!

the best pokemon eva!

Well, Lugia wouldn't really work, because it didn't appear until the second generation. I suppose they could've done something with ho-oh since it made a cameo early in the anime. But a mascot needs to be something cute and not intimidating looking.

^ What he said, and is there anything else exept; ''the best pokemon eva!''. If this is the only reasen, please don't post then, give some ''valuable'' information/arguments next time.

I feel this is going to be a massive spam-thread.

No Arceus. We're talking about Generation 1 here. Come on, people. Pokemon is noting without their mascot, Pikachu.

I think that Pinsir should've been the mascot. :p

Nah, maybe Jigglypuff would've been the mascot. Why would she of been following Ash so much...

Gyarados or more likely: Bulbasaur (1st Pokemon) or Mewtwo/Mew.

dmaster out.

Dark Marc said:
I think that Pinsir should've been the mascot. :p

Nah, maybe Jigglypuff would've been the mascot. Why would she of been following Ash so much...

Jigglypuff is a girl!? I had no idea...or are you just assuming that?

I think that Gulpin should be the mascot. It didn't exist back in the olden days you say? well I made found a screenshot of it beside Ash in the first episode!

6dtond.png

Those animators are so sneaky! it took me forever too find that gulpin.

Bobblehead said:
I think that Gulpin should be the mascot. It didn't exist back in the olden days you say? well I made found a screenshot of it beside Ash in the first episode!

6dtond.png

Those animators are so sneaky! it took me forever too find that gulpin.

lol, niiiiiiiiiice. >;3 I think they should of made Eevee as the mascot.

Back