• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Maybe a Blastoise / Darkrai EX deck?

meepster123

Aspiring Trainer
I was thinking about these awesome decks and wanted to conjoin them especially for darkrai's ability that allows the pokemon with a dark energy retreat for no cost.so here is the idea. I had to do a lot of editing and please no harsh judgement.

Pokemon:12
  • 3x Squirtle
  • 2x Blastoise
  • 3x Darkrai EX
  • 2x Keldeo EX
  • 2x Sableye
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 30
  • 3x Pokemon Catcher
  • 4x Dark Patch
  • 4x Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 2x Energy Switch
  • 2x Ultra Ball
  • 2x Dark Claw
  • 1x Energy Search
  • 1x Computer Search ACE
  • 1x Virbank City Gym
  • 3x Rare Candy
  • 2x Juniper
  • 3x N
  • 3x Cheren
Energy
  • 9x Water Energy
  • 9x Dark Energy

thnx

Edited to coincide with the standards set in the rules! :D Also, please remember to add a strategy to your deck, for we can't give you an accurate assessment for a rogue without a stratagem! :) ~Kecleon

RE: Maybe a Blastoise/Darkrai EX deck?

What's the idea of the deck? Why play Blastoise in Darkrai?

Teal said:

just a thought and cause blastoise could have no retreat and power up darkrai early with deluge.

Teal said:
This.

You're just wasting time and energy that could be used towards the main staples of the deck.

mcnichoj said:
Teal said:
This.

You're just wasting time and energy that could be used towards the main staples of the deck.

i want a fresh idea so im not like all the other players out there

OMG o_O what am I looking at. It still is interesting to say the least and seems like fun to play, but there are a few issues with this sort of build:

Besides that, your deck is EXTREMELY inconsistent. You have too much going on here and almost no supporters! so try this:

-4 Hypnotoxic Laser - Lasers just add too much to this deck. Just go for consistency
-2 Energy Switch - Yeah... I don't think this is a great idea... you can attach plenty of energy already
-2 Dark Claw - you have to make cuts somewhere.
-1 Virbank City Gym - *see lasers*
-1 Dakrai EX - You'll see why. This will make the deck also much more consistent
-2 Sableye - You already have to set up blastoise. By that point there is no point in Junk Hunting
-1 Dark Patch - You have enough accelartion already. You should be safe cutting one.
-3 Cheren - Almost as bad as Cedric Juniper. Better options
-5 Darkness Energy - You don't need 18 energy - more waters
(Open Spaces: 21)
+2 Juniper - consistency
+1 N - consistency/disruption
+2 Colress - Consistency
+3 Skyla - Consistency
+1 Rare Candy - Consistency
+1 Squirtle - Consistency
+2 Blastoise - Consistency
+1 Ultra Ball - Consistency
+2 Superior Energy Retrieval - Way of powering up new attackers easily
+1 Energy Retrieval - Easier way of getting extra damage on board via Keldeo EX
+4 Water Energy - Consistency
+1 Keldeo EX - Just in case some are prized you have a third one to fall back on

Try focusing the deck more around Keldeo instead of Darkrai/Sableye. all in all the list looks like this:
Pokemon:13
4x Squirtle
4x Blastoise
2x Darkrai EX
3x Keldeo EX

Trainers:18
3x Pokemon Catcher
3x Dark Patch
3x Ultra Ball
1x Energy Search
1x Computer Search
4x Rare Candy
2x Superior Energy Retrieval
1x Energy Retrieval

Supporters:13
4x Professor Juniper
4x N
3x Skyla
2x Colress

Energy: 17
13x Water Energy
4x Darkness Energy

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
OMG o_O what am I looking at. It still is interesting to say the least and seems like fun to play, but there are a few issues with this sort of build:

Besides that, your deck is EXTREMELY inconsistent. You have too much going on here and almost no supporters! so try this:

-4 Hypnotoxic Laser - Lasers just add too much to this deck. Just go for consistency
-2 Energy Switch - Yeah... I don't think this is a great idea... you can attach plenty of energy already
-2 Dark Claw - you have to make cuts somewhere.
-1 Virbank City Gym - *see lasers*
-1 Dakrai EX - You'll see why. This will make the deck also much more consistent
-2 Sableye - You already have to set up blastoise. By that point there is no point in Junk Hunting
-1 Dark Patch - You have enough accelartion already. You should be safe cutting one.
-3 Cheren - Almost as bad as Cedric Juniper. Better options
-5 Darkness Energy - You don't need 18 energy - more waters
(Open Spaces: 21)
+2 Juniper - consistency
+1 N - consistency/disruption
+2 Colress - Consistency
+3 Skyla - Consistency
+1 Rare Candy - Consistency
+1 Squirtle - Consistency
+2 Blastoise - Consistency
+1 Ultra Ball - Consistency
+2 Superior Energy Retrieval - Way of powering up new attackers easily
+1 Energy Retrieval - Easier way of getting extra damage on board via Keldeo EX
+4 Water Energy - Consistency
+1 Keldeo EX - Just in case some are prized you have a third one to fall back on

Try focusing the deck more around Keldeo instead of Darkrai/Sableye. all in all the list looks like this:
Pokemon:13
4x Squirtle
4x Blastoise
2x Darkrai EX
3x Keldeo EX

Trainers:18
3x Pokemon Catcher
3x Dark Patch
3x Ultra Ball
1x Energy Search
1x Computer Search
4x Rare Candy
2x Superior Energy Retrieval
1x Energy Retrieval

Supporters:13
4x Professor Juniper
4x N
3x Skyla
2x Colress

Energy: 17
13x Water Energy
4x Darkness Energy

WOW that is so awesome thanks for being supportive and trying to help! i'll get 1 more blastoise not two and junipers not my thing since i don't like having my discard bigger than my deck so i got two. i don't need 3 skyla so 2 and that leaves N and i need to cut one. since i don't have as much dark energy ill take off one more dark patch.then how about rare candy minus one then ill do

+2 dark energy
+1 silver bangle
+2 hypnotoxic laser
+2 rescue scarf

again thank you and feel free to edit!:):):cool:

This is still a decklist so I am moving it to Deck List Help.

You can't powerup darkrai with deluge for 2 reasons: Darkrai needs dark energy to attack not water energy and 2) Deluge only works on water energy, the deck is so slow it's unbearable, im sorry but really you shouldn't even consider playing this. Either play blastoise or Darkrai, don't play both in one deck.

scREAM said:
You can't powerup darkrai with deluge for 2 reasons: Darkrai needs dark energy to attack not water energy and 2) Deluge only works on water energy, the deck is so slow it's unbearable, im sorry but really you shouldn't even consider playing this. Either play blastoise or Darkrai, don't play both in one deck.

darkrai is a back up and ill have enough dark energy acceleration to power him up

meepster123 said:
scREAM said:

darkrai is a back up and ill have enough dark energy acceleration to power him up

But you said you won't be running Juniper, because you don't like having a big discard pile, which means that you won't have the energy in the discard to accelerate, ALONG with the trainers to give you the acceleration. The key with Darkrai is that you need your discard pile to be full of goodies, so that you can use Sableye to pick and choose what you need, while still laser/hammer spamming them out of moves. I hate to beat a dead horse in this thread, but picking either Darkrai OR Blastoise would help the deck perform any task given to it much more efficiently. I encourage your creativity in trying to play something not typically seen, but if you for instance play a different version of Blastoise, that maybe uses something like Kyurem EX from Plasma Blast, or something like that, instead of the typical Keldeo EX/BKEX. Or a Darkrai deck that uses something different like the new Drifblim. There are reasons that two different top decks aren't mashed together. They're like water and oil; they don't mix. Blastoise requires one of the tightest lists on the planet to be successful, and Darkrai has around 45 cards that it absolutely demands be played. Forced together, both sides of your deck are going to struggle to do what they want to do to get to a place that let's them be successful. I'm trying to not just be a big jerk and tell you "no don't play this it's bad," I'm trying to help you get a feel for where to go with this deck, or possibly these decks.

Regirocket said:
meepster123 said:

But you said you won't be running Juniper, because you don't like having a big discard pile, which means that you won't have the energy in the discard to accelerate, ALONG with the trainers to give you the acceleration. The key with Darkrai is that you need your discard pile to be full of goodies, so that you can use Sableye to pick and choose what you need, while still laser/hammer spamming them out of moves. I hate to beat a dead horse in this thread, but picking either Darkrai OR Blastoise would help the deck perform any task given to it much more efficiently. I encourage your creativity in trying to play something not typically seen, but if you for instance play a different version of Blastoise, that maybe uses something like Kyurem EX from Plasma Blast, or something like that, instead of the typical Keldeo EX/BKEX. Or a Darkrai deck that uses something different like the new Drifblim. There are reasons that two different top decks aren't mashed together. They're like water and oil; they don't mix. Blastoise requires one of the tightest lists on the planet to be successful, and Darkrai has around 45 cards that it absolutely demands be played. Forced together, both sides of your deck are going to struggle to do what they want to do to get to a place that let's them be successful. I'm trying to not just be a big jerk and tell you "no don't play this it's bad," I'm trying to help you get a feel for where to go with this deck, or possibly these decks.
you are right i cant think of anything good though
thnx

meepster123 said:
Regirocket said:
you are right i cant think of anything good though
thnx

That's what forums like this are for though! :b when you just can't seem to figure out a different play, asking other people is a great way to reach out and broaden your horizons. We're more than willing to help, we just need a direction to head in first.

If you want free retreat then play Float Stone; drop it onto a Keldeo EX and as long as it stays alive then it's essentially providing free retreat. If you want spreading options to make it easier to OHKO certain targets with Keldeo EX then why not play Kyurem PF? You want a back-up attacker? Why not use Mewtwo EX; it can run off your water energy and provides some good early-to-mid game pressure alongside Kyurem.

No need to shoot yourself in the foot when there are so many easier options to run.

Emperor said:
If you want free retreat then play Float Stone; drop it onto a Keldeo EX and as long as it stays alive then it's essentially providing free retreat. If you want spreading options to make it easier to OHKO certain targets with Keldeo EX then why not play Kyurem PF? You want a back-up attacker? Why not use Mewtwo EX; it can run off your water energy and provides some good early-to-mid game pressure alongside Kyurem.

No need to shoot yourself in the foot when there are so many easier options to run.

thnx im going to run a darkrai sableye deck though. Any ideas?

EDIT: never mi9nd im doing a blastoise thanks so much

meepster123 said:
thnx im going to run a darkrai sableye deck though. Any ideas?

If you are interested in Darkrai builds, a good place to start is in the metagame deck discussion board. From there you can branch out, after you already have a solid list.

Back