May's English Set: 'Roaring Skies', First Info Revealed! [2/10]

Yeah I would assume Reshiram and Zekrom are just regular Pokemon cards...though we have no proof that Reshiram is even in here. Hopefully Reshiram is though and as I said earlier I hope they are both dragon types rather than fire/electric respectively.

You know I don't mind having a Thundurus EX, as long as it's not Therian forme since we already had that in one of the Plasma sets. Now if only they would follow the trend and put Suicune EX in here to make up for it's not having been done with Entei EX and Raikou EX in...Dragons Exalted I think.

I'm not entirely sure that Latias EX and M. Latias EX are in this set. If it were to be in here, wouldn't it have been mentioned alongside M. Rayquaza and M. Latios on the front page? And really, I doubt they will have two dragon type megas in the same set. I actually suspect M. Latios might be psychic since I expect M. Rayquaza will be dragon.

4 MEGAS?!? Hm, considering that, it's difficult to see right now exactly what the Japanese set will contain, considering that all Japanese sets so far have capped at 2 Megas.

I'm especially happy for Dragonite getting around. I had the initial fear that any Pokemon that got an EX in a Japanese set wouldn't be featured for the rest of the XY era, but I guess I was proven wrong today. I know that technically speaking there was a non-EX Skarmory, but I ignored that one because it was a Theme Deck Promo.

Double Dragon Energy seems frightening, so I'm assumig it could become a large threat. Mega Turbo Energy already sounds like Energy for Megas, so that's exciting as well.

When I hear "Mega Turbo Energy" a special kind of Lightning Energy just like the herbal/strong/shield/wonder Energies were... could only be due to manectrics turbo bolt but... who knows :p

After looking, I just remembered something. Is it possible that we will receive the ancient trait Regirock that was leaked a while ago in this set since it never released in Primal Clash? If so, we could witness the other Regi's.

http://pokebeach.com/2014/11/regirock-promo-with-ancient-trait-in-corocoro-ichiban

The ancient trait regis are a possiblity. AT Regirock could also be a promo at some point as well. Remember much like Absol EX and M. Absol EX, Japan has already gotten this card, it's just us that hasn't gotten it. So far we don't know enough about the contents of the Japanese set to know about what's in our English set.

To that end I have to wonder if Japan is getting 4 megas or if we're getting 4 megas. It is possible they could simply slip Absol EX and M. Absol EX in our set just as they did with the Combustion Wing Charizard EX and M. Charizard (Y) EX for Flashfire. Not to say that is what they're doing, just a possibilty. Regardless I wonder then when/how we're getting Absol EX and M. Absol EX.

I think the English set getting Absol EX and M Absol EX and the Japanese set getting 3 Megas seems like it's a likely possibility. Suddenly doubly the number of Megas would be a big jump, but adding in one more is more feasible. I'm not sure if there are any other EX/M sets aside from Absol that were released in Japan without an English counterpart yet.

Not yet, but May is a while off. It could happen.

Techincally though it's not that far fetched. Primal Clash had 2 Primals and 2 Megas, and let's be honest here by game terms they're basically the same thing. Granted I know that Japan had this done into two sets (Gaia Volcano and Tidal Storm) but still.

I still half expect/want some kind of annoucement of promos for M. Sharpedo EX and M. Camerupt EX soon that would end up as secret rares when we get Double Crisis at the end of March. I mean they've never released an EX Pokemon capable of Mega Evolution without releasing their mega EX before Sharpedo and Camerupt in Primal Clash, except of course Garchomp EX unless they plan on making it the first ever ground type Garchomp (I don't count the Gallade EX promo here because they can very easily make another Gallade EX as a fighting type with M. Gallade EX as done as well).

pokedan24 said:
I'm guessing the turbo energy is some kind of lightning energy?

If double dragon energy is what I think it is (A double rainbow energy exclusively for dragons), it could be broken. And here I was thinking a single dragon energy would be good. Looking forward to more Dragon support.

It sounds like it. But then again they didn't have any special water energy in the last set since they overpowered some of the water pokemon there. So even if it is lighting energy it still leaves a question mark why other than the reason stated above do every type start having special energies but not water.

There's a good few promos that could be slipped in. As was mentioned - Regirock and the Absol EX.

I was thinking Double Dragon Energy would have the discard effect like Magma/Aqua too.

It's perfectly reasonable to only get Latios EX and its mega in the set. I mean, the mega Latis are identical and Phantom Forces got Dialga EX without a Palkia.

Let's not forget that along with the Emerald break set, there will be a Mega Rayquaza Battle deck which will include a M-Rayquaza (much like how they released Y M-Charizard ex).
So my guess for the 11 EXes would be:
- Rayquaza ex X 2 (set version and deck version)
- M-Rayquaza ex X 2 (set version and deck version)
- Absol ex
- M-Absol ex
- Latios ex
- M- Latios ex
- Thundurus ex
- Hydreigon ex
- Blaziken ex

Hope I'm wrong and there are new megas released. Can't wait to see the Mega full arts!!

Gruffling said:
It's perfectly reasonable to only get Latios EX and its mega in the set. I mean, the mega Latis are identical and Phantom Forces got Dialga EX without a Palkia.

But that was only because it appeared in the Hyper Metal Chain Deck, which is only for Metal types. Before that we got Dialga and Palkia together.

We've pretty much always gotten legendary "duos" together as EX's, example Reshiram & Zekrom (Next Destinies), Groudon & Kyogre (Dark Explorers and Primal Clash) and Latias & Latios (Plasma Freeze, EX Dragon Frontiers and EX Dragon if you want to count those as well), so why not now?

I'm still hoping the 11 new ex's are just counting the actual new ex's and not the same ole same ole

1. Mega Latios Ex
2. Mega Latios FA
3. Mega Rayquaza Ex
4. Mega Rayquaza FA
5. Hydreigon Ex
6. Hydreigon FA

If there is another Latios Ex and FA, Rayquaza Ex and Fa and Thundurus Ex and FA I hope they are not counted in the 11 as I can't see myself collecting this set where you have the same number of new ex's as redesigned old ex's that aren't even that old. I could just buy the Hydreigon FA. Of course that's going to suck/be a long wait for the next set after this one in probably July :(

If they include Absol hopefully they will make a Full Art Absol, Absol definitely deserves a full art card.

Someone mentioned Gyarados or Ampharos, there's one problem with these choices. We actually want them, the company is probably going to make Sableye and Garbodor and call it a day.

FAs are never counted in the press releases. It will be 11 EXs plus FA variants don't know why people are worried about this.
However as there were no Absol-EX FAs if Absol-EX is in this set and not in a Premium Collection it is a safe bet they won't print one as an English exclusive like the other Charizard-EX never got one. If Blaziken-EX is not in the set as standard and in Japan is only released as a promo it too is unlikely to get a FA reprint.

im reeeeally hoping for a fairy type mega altaria ex!! and im betting mega rayquaza will have some special gimmick like in the games. im thinking he probably won't have to end your turn when mega evolving... but that would be incredibly broken depending on how good the card actually is. :/

quinnator said:
im reeeeally hoping for a fairy type mega altaria ex!! and im betting mega rayquaza will have some special gimmick like in the games. im thinking he probably won't have to end your turn when mega evolving... but that would be incredibly broken depending on how good the card actually is. :/

I doubt we'll get a Fairy Altaria due to only just getting a fairy Gardevoir-EX.

bbninjas said:
quinnator said:

I doubt we'll get a Fairy Altaria due to only just getting a fairy Gardevoir-EX.

hmm yeah you're right!! but it would be cool nonetheless... i really just want to see what a mega altaria fa would look like. the card would be mostly fluff wouldn't it? haha :p
--
also i didnt even know there was a japenese absol ex promo!! i've been hoping for so long to see an absol ex in the next set so im pretty hyped :D

bbninjas said:
quinnator said:

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying we got Florges, Aegislash and Dialga in Phantom Forces, while still getting Aggron and Gardevoir, and we also got Dragonite after Mega Charizard X and Magnezone after Emolga, so I'm not sure if you can use that argument..

Back