McDonald’s 2024 Pokemon TCG Promotion Coming in the Fall, But Later Than Usual?

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Start saving your calories!
We can confirm McDonald’s in France will hold their annual Pokemon TCG promotion from December 4th, 2024 to January 21st, 2025.
France always gets their McDonald’s set a month or two after the United States. If this pattern holds, we could see it in the U.S. in October or November. The last time it was held during this time period was in 2019 — five years ago! (It’s typically held in August or September.)
We should learn more details in a month or two. Stay tuned!
Each year since 2011, TPCi has partnered with McDonald’s to release special promo packs in their Happy Meals. The cards are always reprints, but with new McDonald’s set numbering. The holos are printed on confetti holofoil paper.

McDonalds-2023-Pack-110x200.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Something happened with the suppliers. Between the trainers toolkit, this, the SFA ETB, everything feels delayed compared to last year.
I doubt that's the case here, two corporate entities like TPCi and McDonald's plan these promotions far in advance.

Always think a promotional set like this and Trick or Trade would benefit a lot from inclusion of a chase card. I would eat 100 happy meals trying to get that Chandelure SIR

You used to be able to go into McDonalds and just buy the toys! Not sure if this is still the case, I’m almost positive it still is. If your looking to complete the set, I would give that a try

Though I would share a quick hack to avoid buying tons of happy meals 😉

You used to be able to go into McDonalds and just buy the toys! Not sure if this is still the case, I’m almost positive it still is. If your looking to complete the set, I would give that a try

Though I would share a quick hack to avoid buying tons of happy meals 😉
Yeah here in the UK you can buy the packs separately from the staff at the register for 99p each. I did notice last year some restaurants were charging £1.49 per pack.

I doubt that's the case here, two corporate entities like TPCi and McDonald's plan these promotions far in advance.
I tend to fully agree however, they also plan their release dates for products like ETBs far in advance too but they still can incur big delays so maybe date shifting could be a stop gap to make sure the supplier isn’t rushed or timeline crunched between print jobs 🤷‍♂️

I would more likely guess it’s McDonalds making the timeline decision tho since more than half of McDs promotions are tied to movies launches or other media whereas Pokémon kind of is a standalone draw so I guess we will have to wait and see if there is some Disney/universal or other large media company holding that toy position this year or if it’ll be a somewhat filler promo like “pocket sized travel games”

It was always for kids but it used to be better
Ye, it was nice when it included a figure. Now they include this weird game included with it. I guess it’s good to reduce plastic waste

The only time I've ever bothered with the McDonald's promos was the very first campaign in 2011 - because they had unique cards that year and ONLY that year (from the Journey Partners mini collection). Why don't they burn through the Battle Academy bulk in fun little promo sets like this?

Back