XY Mega Pokémon: Which Pokémon Would You Like To See With A Mega Evolution?

RE: How do you feel about the revealed Mega Pokémon and which new Mega Pokémon are you hoping to see?

What do you guys mean the same mega?

RE: How do you feel about the revealed Mega Pokémon and which new Mega Pokémon are you hoping to see?

mega charizard said:
What do you guys mean the same mega?

We mean that both clefable and gengar could have the same mega evolution since it would be clefable possessed by gengar for both.

Ohman177 said:
professorlight said:
The fact that such thing is basically a fusion and we had enough of that with kyurem?
Unless both clefable and gengar have the same megaevolution, but that would be ridiculous.

And the fan theory means squat. Basically the fans noticed similar design traits between two pokemon of the same generation and inmediately linked the two of them without any solid evidence.
in design there are always certain guidelines, archetypes, construction lines, ratios, angles that repeat themselves, etc, I have a class where all we do is learn to find those things.

1. Same body type straight down to the little features like hair, hands, feet, ears, and wings/spikes.
2. Nearly identical weight.
3. Immune to each other (because you can't touch your shadow).
4. Gengar is known as the shadow pokemon, the shadow being a representation of darkness. Clefable is always nice which means it lost its ability to be evil.
5. Both come out at full moon.
6. Both float/fly.
7. Both live in the mountains.
8. Gengar is short for doppleganger, meaning a double of a person.
I think that evidence is solid enough.
And I think they'd both have the same mega. Not sure on that part just want to see it happen.

1. As I said, archetypes, construction lines, design resources. with enough analysis, you will find patterns in at least half of all pokemon.
2. how does that make sense, gengar being a shadow and all that? also, nearly.
3. normal is inmune to ghost and viceversa. Is gengar also a doppleganger of lickitung?
4. gengar IS the shadow pokemon, that's it's species and abilities, and clefable IS a nice and kind pokemon, but I don't know if it absolutely can't be evil, remember that togepi bastard in the D/P episode. Anyway, it seems you are mistaking correlation with causation, the fact that both have opposite qualities doesn't mean they are linked.
5. also darkrai, and cresselia, and umbreon.
6. clefable gains wings by evolution, it is said it can float when the moon is out, gengar can float since it's a gastly.
7. rhyhorn too.
8. quote: "Gengar and Gangar are possibly a shortening of doppelgänger, a double of a person, which is fitting for a Pokémon with a habit of pretending to be a person's shadow. The kanji 幻 maboroshi can also be read as gen and is used in words meaning phantom or illusion. There is also a striking pronunciation similarity to the Danish word genganger, a term for ghosts found in Scandinavian folklore".
Also, acording to other source, it's japanese name, gangar, comes from gangrene and it's english name comes from gangrene + edgar (allan poe) + doppleganger. Dopleganger is in the sense of gengar being any shadow, not specifically clefable's.

professorlight said:
Ohman177 said:
1. Same body type straight down to the little features like hair, hands, feet, ears, and wings/spikes.
2. Nearly identical weight.
3. Immune to each other (because you can't touch your shadow).
4. Gengar is known as the shadow pokemon, the shadow being a representation of darkness. Clefable is always nice which means it lost its ability to be evil.
5. Both come out at full moon.
6. Both float/fly.
7. Both live in the mountains.
8. Gengar is short for doppleganger, meaning a double of a person.
I think that evidence is solid enough.
And I think they'd both have the same mega. Not sure on that part just want to see it happen.

1. As I said, archetypes, construction lines, design resources. with enough analysis, you will find patterns in at least half of all pokemon.
2. how does that make sense, gengar being a shadow and all that? also, nearly.
3. normal is inmune to ghost and viceversa. Is gengar also a doppleganger of lickitung?
4. gengar IS the shadow pokemon, that's it's species and abilities, and clefable IS a nice and kind pokemon, but I don't know if it absolutely can't be evil, remember that togepi bastard in the D/P episode. Anyway, it seems you are mistaking correlation with causation, the fact that both have opposite qualities doesn't mean they are linked.
5. also darkrai, and cresselia, and umbreon.
6. clefable gains wings by evolution, it is said it can float when the moon is out, gengar can float since it's a gastly.
7. rhyhorn too.
8. quote: "Gengar and Gangar are possibly a shortening of doppelgänger, a double of a person, which is fitting for a Pokémon with a habit of pretending to be a person's shadow. The kanji 幻 maboroshi can also be read as gen and is used in words meaning phantom or illusion. There is also a striking pronunciation similarity to the Danish word genganger, a term for ghosts found in Scandinavian folklore".
Also, acording to other source, it's japanese name, gangar, comes from gangrene and it's english name comes from gangrene + edgar (allan poe) + doppleganger. Dopleganger is in the sense of gengar being any shadow, not specifically clefable's.

Since we're getting off topic here, let's say that they're just as linked as Cubone and Kangaskhan. Cubone is not a Kanga baby, just like Kanga isn't a female cubone.

But, speaking of Cubone, A Marowak evo would be nice, seeing as without thick club he's useless, a mega stone can negate that, and bring him out of the hole that is the NU tier.

Gengar is a shadow pokemon, yes, and it definitely appears to be modeled after Clefable, but I believe this is because Clefable was originally pokemon's main mascot. Gengar's original concept was probably that it could resemble any shadow at any time.

While Kingdra is already strong, Mega Kingdra could bring it from UU since it doesn't have a stat over 95. Flygon/Altaria/Druddigon could uses boosts, too. That's it for the dragon-type. Still standing by the fact that every starter should get one. We also need more Amphabulous look-alikes.

Thetwiggy13 said:
While Kingdra is already strong, Mega Kingdra could bring it from UU since it doesn't have a stat over 95. Flygon/Altaria/Druddigon could uses boosts, too. That's it for the dragon-type. Still standing by the fact that every starter should get one. We also need more Amphabulous look-alikes.

Ooooh Altaria. That could be interesting. They could give it two more heads and make it Ghidorah. Maybe make its clouds grey as if representing a storm of power.

Isn't hydreigon already based on ghidorah? Maybe they could give altaria cloudy hair and larger wings, that could be pretty cool.

professorlight said:
Isn't hydreigon already based on ghidorah? Maybe they could give altaria cloudy hair and larger wings, that could be pretty cool.

Hydreigon is based off of a Hydra. . . Hence the name.
Which is also what Ghidorah is based off of.

Mega Blastoise could stick a third cannon in the middle of its shell.

MuhFugginMoose said:
professorlight said:

Hydreigon is based off of a Hydra. . . Hence the name.
Which is also what Ghidorah is based off of.

And it's japanese name is sazandora, you know... like ghidorah.
Makes sense, though. In the west, a hydra is more known than ghidorah, and in japan, ghidorah is much more famous than the hydra.

professorlight said:
Makes sense, though. In the west, a hydra is more known than ghidorah, and in japan, ghidorah is much more famous than the hydra.

Sa and zan are from 三 sa/san, dora is from dragon or hydra
Well, 'Hidorah' is a variation of the word 'hydra'. Haha, so it all amounts to being a hrydra.
Haha, idk about that though.

MuhFugginMoose said:
professorlight said:

Sa and zan are from 三 sa/san, dora is from dragon or hydra
Well, 'Hidorah' is a variation of the word 'hydra'. Haha, so it all amounts to being a hrydra.
Haha, idk about that though.

Aw so much for my Altaria Ghidorah :( Wait that probably wouldn't be OK because we already have the 3 headed bird dodrio. Idk what I was thinking.

Hydreigon is not just based on the Hydra, it is also based on the Yamato-no-Orochi, a japanese 8 headed dragon... which basically sounds like an hydra lol...

Thanks clarifying Hydragon's origins. Let's now get this discussion back on track. Mega Evolutions! :)

I'm fine with the idea of Mega Pokemon under the condition that ALL 18 starter Pokemon receive a Mega evolution. No picking favorites or giving one to just Blaziken. They all better get one, and they all better be obtainable.

Otherwise, I actually like the idea. It freshens things up a bit and makes for some added strategy for battles.

mikes-ocean-sun said:
Very interesting idea, but it won't work unless Eevee has a Mega evo as well.

Here is the math:

17 Types + Fairy = 18 Types
18 Types - 8 Eeveelutions = 10 Unused Types
10 Unused Types - 8 New Types for the Eeveelutions = 2 Unused Types
2 Unused Types - Normal for Eevee = 1 Type Leftover...

Therefore for this theory to work Eevee would have to get its own Mega Evolution to use up the leftover type.

That being said I like these combos:

Eevee - Normal / Ground or Flying
Vaporeon - Water / Dragon
Jolteon - Electric / Steel
Flareon - Fire / Fighting
Espeon - Psychic / Ghost
Umbreon - Dark / Poison
Leafeon - Grass / Bug or Ground
Glaceon - Ice / Rock
Sylveon - Fairy / Flying or Bug

I may be wrong, but wouldn't a second new Eeveelution fix this problem? I have no idea about the math involved so I can't say for certain

back on track:
I don't mind the Mega evos, they seem to be a nice new addition and will hopefully get some Pokemon used a bit more. (I think Ampharos will get a bit of increased usage, its type+ability will defo help out here)

I really really want Mega evos for:
Arcanine
-its type could become Fire/Dragon, or maybe even stretch to Fire/Fighting
-It could get a majestic mane and tail or something (Arcanine = FABULOUS)
-The only stat I can realistically see being raised would be attack, altho speed could be made higher
(If Arcanine gets one it seems fitting Ninetales should as well. Fire/Psychic would work, but that may be a bit redundant since we're supposed to have a Fire/Psychic Fox in Fennekin. I can see Fire/Ghost and maybe stretch to Fire/Fairy)

Galvantula
-Bug/Electric is the only real type it could be
-It could get larger and have 8 legs, possibly even some electric fangs or something. The markings on its abdomen could get more defined and pronounced. The tufts of hair at the back of the abdomen could get more lightning-shaped.
-The stats that are raised could be Speed and special attack (considering its stats, whilst underwhelming, clearly mean for it to be a special sweeper)

Starters
These are only types:
-Charizard could very easily be Fire/Dragon, but at the same time Fire/Flying could stay appropriate for it
Venusaur - stays Grass/Poison?
Blastoise - Water/Steel (I kno its the same as Empoleon, but its something)
Meganium - Grass/Fairy, or maybe Grass/Psychic
Feraligatr - Water/Dark
Typhlosion - Fire/Poison..? I dunno here
Sceptile - Grass/Dark? It could even stretch to Grass/Dragon
Swampert - stays the same
Blaziken - confirmed to stay Fire/Fighting
Sinnoh starters stay the same
Serperior - Grass/Dragon
Samurott - this thing NEEDS Water/Fighting
Emboar - stays Fire/Fighting

Jynx
-I haven't thought about this, but it's only to bring it more power and up to standards with other gen1 pokes that received evos

Now that I think about it... the very first announcement of X&Y... I think Masuda said something about discovering the next evolution in Pokémon or something like that...

I want to see a mega torrtera, I think he needs a speed boost (not the ability just a stat increase) and an ability that makes his already good earthquake better.

I'd like a Fire/Electric Arcanine, if it were to go mega too. Goes well with its supposed speed and the combo is the most energetic ever and over the top cool.

P.DelSlayer said:
I may be wrong, but wouldn't a second new Eeveelution fix this problem? I have no idea about the math involved so I can't say for certain

No, unless it was Normal, as there are 18 types.

Back